FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[XAP] WP7 Root Tools 1.2

1,605 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,473
 
By Heathcliff74, Inactive Recognized Developer on 13th November 2012, 12:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th March 2013, 10:25 PM |#81  
Heathcliff74's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,473
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy-boy

Hi Heathcliff74,

I'm trying to install WP7 Root Tools 1.1 onto my Samsung Omina 7, but when I get to the 'Phase 2' installation I get the following error "WP7 Root Tools Fatal Error: RA-SRA-02 1260".

Can you assist in telling me what the error relates to & what I can do to fix the issue please?

Kind regards,

fitzy-boy

You probably installed Root Tools, ran phase 1 and then you didn't continue with phase 2, which is important. You now reinstalled Root Tools and ran phase 1 again. If you run phase 1 two times, you get this error. The only way to resolve it is a hard-reset. But be careful! You can loose apps and data. But you can also loose your unlock! Be sure you can unlock again after you hard-reset! Maybe better make a backup in advance!

Heathcliff74
The Following User Says Thank You to Heathcliff74 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heathcliff74 Ad-Free
 
 
30th March 2013, 10:28 PM |#82  
Heathcliff74's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,473
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownserv

Hi, I've got a HTC Mozart and when I try opening WP7 Root Tools it closes and lands me back on the app list (Only get to see the splash screen). My device has an app hub unlock and your interop unlock. I have 7.10.8773.98, firmware: 2250.09.12435.061 and bootloader 5.12.2250.1(134400).
Can you help?
Thanks.

It should not close that way. But unfortunately your device is not supported. The first steps of policy unlock require your device to be at version 4 or lower. Your firmware is version 5. You might be able to downgrade using Goldcard method and the flash a custom ROM.

Heathcliff74
The Following User Says Thank You to Heathcliff74 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heathcliff74 Ad-Free
30th March 2013, 10:36 PM |#83  
Heathcliff74's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,473
 
Donate to Me
More
What's up with the 4-star vote for this tool, guys? I can use some better votes for version 1.1! Please vote! Have a look at version 1.1 (some details in the opening post).

Heathcliff74
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heathcliff74 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heathcliff74 Ad-Free
31st March 2013, 03:15 PM |#84  
whiperhack's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 201
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathcliff74

What's up with the 4-star vote for this tool, guys? I can use some better votes for version 1.1! Please vote! Have a look at version 1.1 (some details in the opening post).

Heathcliff74

It's because there aren't many users with unlocked bootloaders to use your tool. But from what I read in changelog is great. You deserve all the stars in the world for not letting us down. Cheers.
4th April 2013, 04:22 PM |#85  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Exclamation
When I open the registry workshop and root tools at the same time, and need to delete a key on registry workshop, it showes 'cannot access'. But in root tools, it crashes. It is nice to make a fix. Thx.
4th April 2013, 05:01 PM |#86  
Heathcliff74's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,473
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightluffy

When I open the registry workshop and root tools at the same time, and need to delete a key on registry workshop, it showes 'cannot access'. But in root tools, it crashes. It is nice to make a fix. Thx.

Read the instructions in the opening post closely. In a nutshell:
- Install WP7 Root Tools
- Install Ultrashot's WMDC Launcher
- Run WP7 Root Tools and give Root Access to the WMDC Launcher
- Run WMDC Launcher and tap on Enable
- Install Zune on PC
- Install WMDC on PC
- Connect phone to PC with USB
- Run Zune and sync phone
- Use Windows Explorer or Registry Workshop to access the phone

Also, please tell me which registry key you try to delete. Of course Root Tools shouldn't crash. If you tell me which key, I can try to reproduce the problem and fix it.

Good luck!
Heathcliff74
The Following User Says Thank You to Heathcliff74 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heathcliff74 Ad-Free
5th April 2013, 04:53 PM |#87  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathcliff74

Read the instructions in the opening post closely. In a nutshell:
- Install WP7 Root Tools
- Install Ultrashot's WMDC Launcher
- Run WP7 Root Tools and give Root Access to the WMDC Launcher
- Run WMDC Launcher and tap on Enable
- Install Zune on PC
- Install WMDC on PC
- Connect phone to PC with USB
- Run Zune and sync phone
- Use Windows Explorer or Registry Workshop to access the phone

Also, please tell me which registry key you try to delete. Of course Root Tools shouldn't crash. If you tell me which key, I can try to reproduce the problem and fix it.

Good luck!
Heathcliff74


How do you access the phone then? I have WMDC enabled on my L800 and I run Zune and WMDC on PC but when I plug cable phone-pc, Zune is launching.
To make WMDC works (access the phone) I need wp7connector but it's not working on win7 x64 :/
5th April 2013, 05:11 PM |#88  
Senior Member
Flag PERPIGNAN
Thanks Meter: 341
 
More
wp7connector not needed
Use Zune and Windows Mobile Device Center on your PC.
5th April 2013, 07:20 PM |#89  
Heathcliff74's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,473
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paviano

How do you access the phone then? I have WMDC enabled on my L800 and I run Zune and WMDC on PC but when I plug cable phone-pc, Zune is launching.
To make WMDC works (access the phone) I need wp7connector but it's not working on win7 x64 :/

Are you one of the few with an unlocked bootloader on your lumia 800? Or did you do the hardware hack to write an unlocked bootloader? And did you flash a custom rom after that?

If not, I find it hard to believe that you are even able to run WMDC Launcher or WP7 Root Tools on your phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Heathcliff74 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heathcliff74 Ad-Free
7th April 2013, 02:57 PM |#90  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathcliff74

You probably installed Root Tools, ran phase 1 and then you didn't continue with phase 2, which is important. You now reinstalled Root Tools and ran phase 1 again. If you run phase 1 two times, you get this error. The only way to resolve it is a hard-reset. But be careful! You can loose apps and data. But you can also loose your unlock! Be sure you can unlock again after you hard-reset! Maybe better make a backup in advance!

Heathcliff74

I also got this "WP7 Root Tools Fatal Error: RA-SRA-02 1260"

I have to reset my phone to factory??
I was trying to use this to get an app off my phone before I sold it. I can't reset it.
7th May 2013, 10:56 PM |#91  
Heathcliff74's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,473
 
Donate to Me
More
WP7 Root Tools 1.2 released!
Hi again! Spamming you all with another release This is WP7 Root Tools 1.2. This is a list of the changes in this version:
  • Added color values to Accent Color editor.
  • 3G toggle tweak improved.
  • Added Internet Connection Sharing unlock. If your operator has blocked Internet Sharing, WP7 Root Tools can attempt to configure Internet Sharing and bypass the barrier that is installed on the phone. This probably won't work on LG devices, because their drivers don't support Internet Sharing. This unlock is only meant to unlock the operator barrier.
  • Added Automatic Data Configuration function. This will attempt to automatically setup the configuration for your mobile operator in case your mobile internet settings are somehow screwed up.
  • Added shell-handler in Explorer for provxml-files.
  • Removed wrong buttons on Device tab.
  • Disabled cache for filesystem and searches. Caching mechanism was implemented back when old exploits were used, which were much slower. Disabling caching shows better browsing and search-results.
  • Added two languages: Serbian and Albanian. These versions can be downloaded in separate packages, because they are not officially supported by Windows Phone 7. Thanks to all people who helped with the translations!
  • Removed ads for better Root Tools experience

WP7 Root Tools can be downloaded from the Download section on www.wp7roottools.com.

Have fun!
Heathcliff74
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Heathcliff74 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heathcliff74 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wp7 root tools

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes