(Suggestion) AOSP thats sense based

Search This thread

Alaq

Jan 21, 2011
U.S.
Firstly before you all going bashing me about "WHY DON'T YOU DO THIS INSTEAD OF ASKING US?", my reply is I have tried and no dice, but I will keep trying.

Hey guys,
So many people are asking about an AOSP rom or pseudo-AOSP rom with a Sense camera. Now if you were like me and upgraded from the sensation, then you would remember HyperNonSense by Splder. For those who don't: It's a sense based rom with everything sense removed except libs and stuff, so yay sense camera with aosp things!

I was hoping that we could get something similar. Maybe ask Splder for help if needed. Just throwing it out there...

Link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1581619

Regards!

slainbybeats

Aug 6, 2012
AW: (Suggestion) AOSP thats sense based

I think that's exactly what you get if you install viper without sense.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

carlos_abril_94

Jan 10, 2011
it would be necessary to add aosp apps (don´t know if this is possible) to the sense base, also the notification bar... Animations, fonts, lockscreens and these things would be easy to port.
It would be really nice to have the aosp look speed and smoothness on a sense base, not just for the camera but also for the better optimized base than cm10/10.1

it would be necessary to add aosp apps (don´t know if this is possible) to the sense base, also the notification bar... Animations, fonts, lockscreens and these things would be easy to port.
It would be really nice to have the aosp look speed and smoothness on a sense base, not just for the camera but also for the better optimized base than cm10/10.1

Agreed with this, Sense is good for it's integration with HTC hardware and the fact that it integrates functionality from a number of different apps into its ROM (widgets, notes app, etc.) but the memory usage and bloat is annoying. Sure getting a deodexed Sense ROM fixes that but the purity of AOSP along with the hardware/software support for the camera would be excellent!

IntelligentAj

Dec 10, 2012
Can someone explain to me what the big difference is with the Sense camera and the Stock JB one? My pictures are excellent with my ROM and I didn't see a big drop off with the features of the stock camera so what gives?

Alaq

Jan 21, 2011
U.S.
Can someone explain to me what the big difference is with the Sense camera and the Stock JB one? My pictures are excellent with my ROM and I didn't see a big drop off with the features of the stock camera so what gives?

I don't know about you, but If I put pictures side by side (one taken from sense, other from aosp) there is a definite drop in quality and steadyness. It's not one of those placebo effects or bias towards sense, proofs just there.

IntelligentAj

Dec 10, 2012
Once I've done some minor tweaks(Bravia) my pictures side by side look relatively similar. I'll take a slight drop off in the camera since AOSP takes a diarrhea dump on Sense in terms of speed

Sent from my One S using xda app-developers app

fahad.mq

Oct 26, 2011
Hi Alaq, I was exactly in your situation when I upgraded from HTC Sensation to HTC One S. The closest ROM I could find is Jellybean NonSense by $droyd$. It's not really as comprehensively AOSP as HyperSense on Sensation, but it's pretty much the only other One S ROM that's kind of AOSP with Sense camera. I don't think the ROM will be getting updates anymore, which is why I recently switched to ViperROM S and a custom launcher for the time being.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2072944