Atlanta

9037406377_6c02fe2ba3_o.png

img1.png
img2.png

img3.png
img4.png

img5.png

Nox Icon Pack: Get them HERE!!

Illusion is BACK!!! We'd like to give HUGE credits to SlimRoms for an incredible base! We'd also like to give credit to CyanogenMod, Paranoid Android, Root-Box, TeamBaked, AOKP, BeerGang and UltimatumKang. These teams/people, in some way, helped make what you guys are using (about to use) what it is today :).

FEATURES

Dark UI
Hybrid Settings
  • LCD Density Settings
  • Per-App DPI Settings
  • StockUI
  • PhabletUI
  • TabletUI

Illusion Settings & ROM Control:
  • Dual Pane
  • Low Battery Warning
  • cLock
  • Custom Hardware Keys
  • Widgets Viewpager
  • Notification Drawer Options
  • Power sound on plug-in/plug-out
  • Custom Lockscreen Sliders & Shortcuts
  • Navbar Customizations
  • PIE Controls
  • Power Menu Controls
  • Power Widget Settings
  • Custom QuickSettings
  • Custom Statusbar Options
  • Custom Sounds Settings
  • Custom Phone Settings
  • Custom MMS Settings
  • Integrated Superuser
  • CyanogenMod's Privacy Guard
  • Nova Launcher
  • RoundR
  • App Sidebar
  • 3.4.x Kernel base
  • ......Much more in detail

KNOWN ISSUES

DOWNLOAD

Changelog

Kernel Source: IllusionProject

Last edited:

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
Always follow the OP through and through.

Click to see if you have status 7 error and bootloader in the error
For latest AOSP builds to flash you need to be on latest bootloader of d2tmo: T999UVDLJA, T999UVDLJC, T999UVDMD5 & T999VVLDLL1 for it to boot. In order to have the latest boot loader you need to update via ODIN or Over The Air. There is also the MD5 quick cheat way. I don't reccomend it has I see bad battery life with it, and many others report it on AOSP roms across the D2TMO boards. Here is CyanogenMOD stating so

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN UPDATE TO HELP, I'M OFF ALL DAY TODAY AND TOMORROW AND MONDAY LET ME KNOW WHILE I HAVE TIME TO UPDATE THIS POST

The Emulated /0 folder is always going to be there, save all sdcard stuff on a PC or some where else before flashing.

If things are acting weird, or you have things going on and don't see too many people reporting it.

Redownload rom and gapps
Wipe via factory reset
Wipe dalvik and cache
Format System (upon flashing rom it will do this automatically)
Then flash rom and gapps, then reboot system. (boot the rom and avoid any 3rd party kernelsat all costs... if issues arise after installing a custom kernel, do not report them here expecting help, it just clutters and makes the rom look no good.)

KNOWN ISSUES
  • Having headphones plugged in while ending a call will cause a reboot.
  • Google Music is causing reboots, I use power amp in the mean time, try other music apps if experiencing the reboots
  • Instagram has a large bug with all S3 and AOSP for taking video.
  • Focal is crazy buggy at the moment expect issues on all fronts for now.
  • Keep em coming if you find em and I can replicate I'll post them here.
  • Expect BlueTooth issues unfortunately. If fixes are around please post them.

LockScreen options are stored in Security

Also if having issues, boot into safe mode and see if issues still persist. Boot into safe mode by holding power button and long press on reboot. This will boot you into no 3rd party apps mode, basically. To get out of it, just reboot normally

To enable root go into Dev Options, scroll to "root access" select adb and apps.
If you are having root issues still after this, flash this and it should be fixed. At least other users are reporting so... I don't have any root issues.

For Titanium backup do this go into Settings | Preferences | Backup | Folder location | Detect whole device | select legacy

To enable Developer Options, go to; settings|about phone|tap build number 7/8 times

to enable reboot options,(recovery, download) enable advanced reboot in Developer options

You must flash Gapps everytime you install the rom as it wipes system every time. Use the gapps in the original post, if you use other Gapps keep those errors to your self and address the person/dev that made those Gapps.

Other
Facebook/Instagram acts up and is weird?? Stop using the app.

Update system apps before saying things are broken. (Google Now)

If you decide to run a 3rd party kernel, take your issues about; speed, battery, and reboots to that thread, we cant change their kernel to make it better for you, they can. Thanks.

For cell data when idle it is a 3g icon, then switches don't cry it's normal.

BUNCH OF THEME APKS

This is a work in progress, I'll update it as needed :)
FAQ PART

• What base is this
    It is based off Slim Bean at the moment, with a lot of changes... It is it's own rom now with a stable base!! :)

• How to change animations easily
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.janis605.framework.tool.beta
  • How to use Floating Window
    Long press on the notification :)

• How to activate pie control?
    settings>navigation>pie control>activate toggle. The trigger is at the bottom, slide your finger up slowly, and it will come up.

• Where are the Touchwiz features?
    In a Touchwiz rom.

• How do I take a screenshot?
    Volume down & power, OR... settings>powermenu>enable the screenshot.

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

May 20, 2008
Re: [ROM][DEVIANT][d2tmo][4.2.2] Deviant Xone - 4|1|13

Awesome!!! Waiting for the upload. Patiently :D

What a fantastic group of devs working on this ROM!

** Let's all be patient and respectful please. Huge thanks to these devs and mt3g for his q&a and contributions!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

wendellc

Oct 10, 2009

So new ROM to try out. Cool!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

tsunami2312

Nov 13, 2010
DC
is this the new build? cuz it says v1.0 just like the other one in the other thread..:confused:

Edited: NVM! lol

jason27131

Dec 10, 2011
I noticed that the original post said SOD is still WIP? Does this mean it'll still happen? While Xone was definitely amazing, SOD every few hours was what made me switch back to liquidsmooth.

itsmikeramsay

Mar 25, 2009
Atlanta
I noticed that the original post said SOD is still WIP? Does this mean it'll still happen? While Xone was definitely amazing, SOD every few hours was what made me switch back to liquidsmooth.

It doesn't happen often at all bro.... For some it may not even happen, BUT it still can happen for some people which to me.... is still an issue... I haven't experienced any, BUT my testers have reported maybe one, or two. Switching kernels can help as well...

Charlie Brown

May 20, 2008

No it reads 3.4 kernel may still cause SoD

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

GhostIsBaked

Aug 21, 2012
Dallas, Tx

Heard great things about this ROM, So I'm willing to give up MIUI, which I've been on for quite a while, to check this out. Downloading right now :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

9037406377_6c02fe2ba3_o.png

img1.png
    img2.png

img3.png
    img4.png

img5.png

Nox Icon Pack: Get them HERE!!

Illusion is BACK!!! We'd like to give HUGE credits to SlimRoms for an incredible base! We'd also like to give credit to CyanogenMod, Paranoid Android, Root-Box, TeamBaked, AOKP, BeerGang and UltimatumKang. These teams/people, in some way, helped make what you guys are using (about to use) what it is today :).

FEATURES

Dark UI
    Hybrid Settings
    • LCD Density Settings
    • Per-App DPI Settings
    • StockUI
    • PhabletUI
    • TabletUI

Illusion Settings & ROM Control:
    • Dual Pane
    • Low Battery Warning
    • cLock
    • Custom Hardware Keys
    • Widgets Viewpager
    • Notification Drawer Options
    • Power sound on plug-in/plug-out
    • Custom Lockscreen Sliders & Shortcuts
    • Navbar Customizations
    • PIE Controls
    • Power Menu Controls
    • Power Widget Settings
    • Custom QuickSettings
    • Custom Statusbar Options
    • Custom Sounds Settings
    • Custom Phone Settings
    • Custom MMS Settings
    • Integrated Superuser
    • CyanogenMod's Privacy Guard
    • Nova Launcher
    • RoundR
    • App Sidebar
    • 3.4.x Kernel base
    • ......Much more in detail

KNOWN ISSUES

DOWNLOAD

Changelog

Kernel Source: IllusionProject

Always follow the OP through and through.

Click to see if you have status 7 error and bootloader in the error
    For latest AOSP builds to flash you need to be on latest bootloader of d2tmo: T999UVDLJA, T999UVDLJC, T999UVDMD5 & T999VVLDLL1 for it to boot. In order to have the latest boot loader you need to update via ODIN or Over The Air. There is also the MD5 quick cheat way. I don't reccomend it has I see bad battery life with it, and many others report it on AOSP roms across the D2TMO boards. Here is CyanogenMOD stating so

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN UPDATE TO HELP, I'M OFF ALL DAY TODAY AND TOMORROW AND MONDAY LET ME KNOW WHILE I HAVE TIME TO UPDATE THIS POST

The Emulated /0 folder is always going to be there, save all sdcard stuff on a PC or some where else before flashing.

If things are acting weird, or you have things going on and don't see too many people reporting it.

Redownload rom and gapps
    Wipe via factory reset
    Wipe dalvik and cache
    Format System (upon flashing rom it will do this automatically)
    Then flash rom and gapps, then reboot system. (boot the rom and avoid any 3rd party kernelsat all costs... if issues arise after installing a custom kernel, do not report them here expecting help, it just clutters and makes the rom look no good.)

KNOWN ISSUES
    • Having headphones plugged in while ending a call will cause a reboot.
    • Google Music is causing reboots, I use power amp in the mean time, try other music apps if experiencing the reboots
    • Instagram has a large bug with all S3 and AOSP for taking video.
    • Focal is crazy buggy at the moment expect issues on all fronts for now.
    • Keep em coming if you find em and I can replicate I'll post them here.
    • Expect BlueTooth issues unfortunately. If fixes are around please post them.

LockScreen options are stored in Security

Also if having issues, boot into safe mode and see if issues still persist. Boot into safe mode by holding power button and long press on reboot. This will boot you into no 3rd party apps mode, basically. To get out of it, just reboot normally

To enable root go into Dev Options, scroll to "root access" select adb and apps.
    If you are having root issues still after this, flash this and it should be fixed. At least other users are reporting so... I don't have any root issues.

For Titanium backup do this go into Settings | Preferences | Backup | Folder location | Detect whole device | select legacy

To enable Developer Options, go to; settings|about phone|tap build number 7/8 times

to enable reboot options,(recovery, download) enable advanced reboot in Developer options

You must flash Gapps everytime you install the rom as it wipes system every time. Use the gapps in the original post, if you use other Gapps keep those errors to your self and address the person/dev that made those Gapps.

Other
    Facebook/Instagram acts up and is weird?? Stop using the app.

Update system apps before saying things are broken. (Google Now)

If you decide to run a 3rd party kernel, take your issues about; speed, battery, and reboots to that thread, we cant change their kernel to make it better for you, they can. Thanks.

For cell data when idle it is a 3g icon, then switches don't cry it's normal.

BUNCH OF THEME APKS

This is a work in progress, I'll update it as needed :)
    FAQ PART

• What base is this
      It is based off Slim Bean at the moment, with a lot of changes... It is it's own rom now with a stable base!! :)

• How to change animations easily
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.janis605.framework.tool.beta
    • How to use Floating Window
      Long press on the notification :)

• How to activate pie control?
      settings>navigation>pie control>activate toggle. The trigger is at the bottom, slide your finger up slowly, and it will come up.

• Where are the Touchwiz features?
      In a Touchwiz rom.

• How do I take a screenshot?
      Volume down & power, OR... settings>powermenu>enable the screenshot.

What's up peeps! The purpose of this post is to update you guys on what's been happening. Illusion is very much alive and isn't going anywhere, let me clear that up right now lol.

So... Android 4.3... the merging process is almost complete. Test compiling will begin soon after so I can start to iron out the issues that may occur. Lots changed, lots of features added, including CM's Focal Camera...

This process is taking me a while... had a baby shower last weekend, been busy with real estate since. I've been sneaking in Android here and there, but I'm definitely focused on a few very important things personally. I'm also keeping an eye on CM's github to make sure I update other things as things move forward.

I can't give an ETA on when to expect a build peeps, but believe me I'll be posting screenshots as soon as I get it going, booting properly and such. For me.... it's quality of trying to rush a bug filled 4.3 ROM. So bare with me folks as I get things situated... it's coming. I didn't get here and earned you guys respect by releasing unstable builds right? ;) Stay tuned folks!!

OK testing phase is done peeps. Compiling final builds... The peeps that donated (you know who you are), I'll be sending you guys an early access link once the proper device builds complete... As for everyone else, thanks for being extremely patient while we ironed out most of the major issues... The official release will either be later tonight or early tomorrow... Guys please don't blow my inbox up asking can you get early access... ask around if you wanna know how. I'm extremely busy, even now preparing for my vaca and what not...

I'm going to be on vaca starting tomorrow afternoon, so I wanted to get something VERY stable out to you guys before the holiday :D. See the changelog to know the extent of what's changed...

Hybrid Settings and Ribbons WILL return, just not this build. I needed to get a stable base going with a few additions/revisions I made, before I get into all that stuff....
    Almost there guys. Been super busy with real estate stuff but 4.3 is almost there. I'm literally ironing out the later portion of compiling now. Mostly settings and frameworks. Change log is what it is... Nothing has changed.

It will be an alpha though. We'll work on getting it together for s3 and s4 devices. We've got maintainers that will be doing others. Its coming peeps. .. Really soon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta