[APP] SyncSMS - Synchronize text messages between tablet and phone

Search This thread

Mr. Whippy

May 6, 2009
Just purchased SyncSMS. I'm running a Droid4 from Verizon, using the native SMS program. The tablet is a Nexus7, unlocked but not rooted. Regular single SMS messages work fine.

I cannot receive group messages. I haven't tried sending a group message yet. I receive a "ghost" to the account every once in a while that says "6250" as the sender and it has the message VZWMMN1 synced. That's it.

Is there a way to receive group messages?

What is the 6250 sender? Almost like a ghost from dropbox.

Mr. Whippy

May 6, 2009
Just noted a second issue:

If I send two messages to the same recipient in short order, sometimes the first message does not get delivered (almost like it's deleted or overwritten by the second messge before sending out).

Mr. Whippy

May 6, 2009
Wanted to wait until I got a response here, but had to rate this only 2 stars. Getting the 6250 ping message every hour or so is plain annoying. Not receiving any response from the developer (contacted via email a few times) or here on the xda, I can only assume it's an orphan now.

cdmackay

Aug 11, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Apols for OT, but...

Does anyone know of an SMS -- email gateway app that offers reasonable privacy? i.e. something that will let me read and reply to SMS msgs on my Desktop, ideally via email.

I know of PhoneLeash, DeskSMS, etc, but they all route your msgs via their own server, which isn't private enough for me.

SMStoMailboxPro was perfect, and used my own gmail to relay the msgs, which is reasonable, but it has stopped working with Android 4.2.1 (at least, for me on CM 10.1), and the dev is not responsive.

any suggestions, please?

d0lph1nK1ng

Sep 4, 2008
Durham, NC
Wanted to wait until I got a response here, but had to rate this only 2 stars. Getting the 6250 ping message every hour or so is plain annoying. Not receiving any response from the developer (contacted via email a few times) or here on the xda, I can only assume it's an orphan now.

Sorry about the absence. There has not been much happening with regard to the app since the v0.9.3.3 update back in late November.

I have started to do some more development on the app this week, and I'm hoping to release an update at some point with a revamped Setup Wizard, better 7in tablet/phone support via SlidingMenu, as well as various bugfixes.

jopah

Jun 22, 2010
I've been using your app for over a year and i absolutely love it :D I was wondering what your opinion on adding a quick reply/read button to the extended notification would be. I'm not a developer at all and I feel like this would be a lot of work, but I know I would find it rather useful, so i figured I'd ask what you thought about it =]

uscpsycho

Mar 25, 2011
I hate to bump such an old thread but is it possible that there's no way to get vibration alerts with this app? Seems like such a basic thing that it would have been brought up at some point in the 100+ pages of posts. I searched and didn't find anything about it. Am I missing something or is this basic feature missing?

And while I'm bumping this thread, what is the recommended sync interval for not killing your battery? Will setting a high frequency lead to serious battery drain?

projekt06

Sep 12, 2012
two way sync?

Hi, I have multicard by O2 and use two devices with one number.
Problem is, only one device can receive sms. I can chose by
USSD code which one. But if my tablet receives an sms, it is not synchronized
via syncsms, it only informs me about missed calls and incoming calls. Synchronizing SMS
from phone to tablet works , but SMS received by the tablet are not synced.
Did I miss some option in the settings?

Dswelch51964

Sep 26, 2015
Can I use old Jason files to restore

Phone crashed without a good SMS backup. Lost about 2 months, but I've been running your software the whole time. I found all the files in Dropbox subdirectory.

How can I setup or use to restore to my galaxy S5 that is rooted?

Let me know if simple or complex and where I should start.

Thanks

tommyg562000

Feb 6, 2010
I hate to bring up an old post, but has anybody tried this lately and is it working on oreo? If anybody has a better method since this app, can you please share?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SyncSMS lets you sync your text messages between your Android phone and tablet. SyncSMS lets you sync your text messages between your Android 2.1+ phone and 3G or WiFi-only Android 2.1+ tablet. This app lets you receive text messages on your tablet which have been received by or sent from your phone. Also, this app lets you compose text messages on your tablet which will be copied to your phone and sent out by your phone. You will need to sign up for a free Dropbox account, if you don't already have one, in order to temporarily store the messages between syncs.

Please rate and comment on the app in the Android Market and click Submit to Portal in the upper right of this post to vote this thread to XDA front page, thanks!

*******IMPORTANT LINKS*******
    Download: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.d0lph1nk1ng.syncsms

Change Log: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2774459/changelog.txt

DEV & USER SUGGESTIONS:
    ===== Ready for next release =====
    - None
    ===== Under Dev =====
    - Fix API 11 error when clicking item in action bar overflow menu
    - Make C2DM respect wifi-only, DNS interval, and background sync off
    - Sync on power
    ===== Backlog =====
    # Bugs
    - Auto resync
    - ' Help > Setup > Push (Beta)

Push notifications are only for Received messages by the phone and Composed messages by the tablet. I will not be able to support copying Sent messages from your Phone to your Tablet withing doing polling. Please star the Android defect at the link below to add your support behind this enhancement to fix the issue. Thanks!
    http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=2261

Thanks,
    d0lph1nk1ng
    jeez lets just see how this app pans out. Its a good idea and I know that the op has put out other good ideas out before.

Ill keep an eye on this thread. Thanks
    I shall bump the version number to 2.0 in the next update then =] Enjoy your day.

Sorry about the absence. There has not been much happening with regard to the app since the v0.9.3.3 update back in late November.

I have started to do some more development on the app this week, and I'm hoping to release an update at some point with a revamped Setup Wizard, better 7in tablet/phone support via SlidingMenu, as well as various bugfixes.
    It seems to me that posting the source is all he needs to do here, if someone wants to challenge him based on what it contains, that's a different story.

There are tons of legit apps that use Gmail and facebook credentials. Just hooking into 3rd parties doesn't automatically make one a crook.

If you are going to smear someone, at least make the effort to show some evidence, jeez.