[APP][FREE] Keep Screen ON in a smart way

Search This thread

kantjer

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2010
www.androidfilehost.com
Would it be possible to have a proxy override? I think my screen was on in my pocket for an extended period of time. I have Smartscreen on but don't see that option

Today I had the same issue, the phone was in my pocket for a few hours and I lost nearly 30% battery in that time.
After checking the batter stats I noticed that the screen had been on for long period.

My guess is that I somehow touched the home button turning on the screen. Because the phone's angle while in my pocket was within the set range the screen never timed out.

I'm also running Smart Screen Off Pro, but unfortunately that didn't prevent the screen from turning off in this situation.
It would be nice if Keep Screen On would be disabled when the phone is locked, that would prevent these situations.

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

You could do a scenario (I'm not a tasker user):
If docked (or usb connected) then launch daydream

That's what I did, set daydream to run when docked, and use Tasker to enable Car mode when on ext pwr/connected home & work WiFi/screen off, and disable car mode with the exit task.
This works perfect, and because car mode is only enabled at screen off you won't notice the car mode.

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
Would it be possible to have a proxy override? I think my screen was on in my pocket for an extended period of time. I have Smartscreen on but don't see that option

Today I had the same issue, the phone was in my pocket for a few hours and I lost nearly 30% battery in that time.
After checking the batter stats I noticed that the screen had been on for long period.

My guess is that I somehow touched the home button turning on the screen. Because the phone's angle while in my pocket was within the set range the screen never timed out.

I'm also running Smart Screen Off Pro, but unfortunately that didn't prevent the screen from turning off in this situation.
It would be nice if Keep Screen On would be disabled when the phone is locked, that would prevent these situations.

Yes, you are right, in next version I'll add a checkbox to disable app when an object is detected near proximity sensor.

rorycs

Jul 9, 2010
Seems this app is similar to one that has been available for a while on the market called Screebl.

Tnt4i8X0c0aXYoQXwABAnJ1GWN1l8dPjIffcLVUKNHQTwpbZ6sSdmyCgbw9tlrdZAQ=w705

After the success of Smart Screen OFF and Smart Screen ON... Here is Keep Screen ON!

Keep Screen ON is an innovative free app that allow you to keep your smartphone screen ON in a smart way. This app will help you saving battery keeping the screen on only when you are holding it. This works thanks to orientation sensor built in your device (smartphone or tablet).

HOW DOES IT WORK?
When you are using your device, you hold it in a specific position. Keep Screen ON let you select the range of activation of the screen brightness based on the device inclination (more smart ways are coming soon).

WHY DOES IT SHOULD IMPROVE BATTERY LIFE?
You know for sure that screen brightness is the most important factor in battery life and you will find it always at the top of the most consuming factors in Android statistics. Keep Screen ON as name implies, keeps brightness enabled only when you are holding it: as soon as you left it on the table, the screen will turn off.

SO WHAT?
Download the app and extend your battery life!

FUTURE
This is first version and powerful improvements are coming soon.
+Battery tab
+Screen settings
+Brightness settings

I WOULD LIKE TO SUGGEST
I'm always open to users suggestions, simply contact me using the forum.

KEEP SCREEN ON LITE
KEEP SCREEN ON PRO

talhamid

Jun 18, 2010
Amazing app, I am a great fan of 'Smart Screen ON' and only stopped using it when I got Xperia Z whose power button is amazingly convenient. However, Keep Screen ON doesn't work at all on my Xperia Z. I installed it, made configurations, and restarted it several times, also rebooted the phone. My phone is completely stock. In test mode, as well as notification bar, the icon turns grey but screen doesn't turn off. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Carlis

Dec 21, 2004
Stockholm
Thanks for making this app.
Would love to see a safe settings .. Like off after x min even if it vertical.

tvictor47

Feb 18, 2013
just bought the pro verson

Just bought the pro version on play store. Can you plz fix issue with phone being in jeans pocket. I think this is the most asked about so far if you can include this in the next fix would be good. Also a feature to the disable the feature when phone is locked. :highfive:

Last edited:

Darkstriker

Oct 19, 2009
i9100
OnePlus 2
Alright, I don't usually have a problem with promoting apps through xda if they are original and useful, but this one is a rather blatant copy of screebl, which has been on the market for years.
Also, it has tasker integration as both trigger as well as target.
I'm rather surprised you managed the front page with this.
Besides, all those features being requested here are already available in screebl.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Reactions: casouzaj

kantjer

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2010
www.androidfilehost.com
Alright, I don't usually have a problem with promoting apps through xda if they are original and useful, but this one is a rather blatant copy of screebl, which has been on the market for years.
Besides, all those features being requested here are already available in screebl.

So what, there are also dozens of screen capture apps and nobody is complaining about that.
Let give users a choice. Screebl isn't working for me on Android 4.2.x, tried many times it just keeps disabling itself, this app works perfect for me. So I'm happy with having a for me working alternative.

Please continue development.

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
Amazing app, I am a great fan of 'Smart Screen ON' and only stopped using it when I got Xperia Z whose power button is amazingly convenient. However, Keep Screen ON doesn't work at all on my Xperia Z. I installed it, made configurations, and restarted it several times, also rebooted the phone. My phone is completely stock. In test mode, as well as notification bar, the icon turns grey but screen doesn't turn off. Any ideas?

Try to send me a logcat while running the app. Maybe there's something wrong with compass.

Thanks for making this app.
Would love to see a safe settings .. Like off after x min even if it vertical.

In pro version there's a convenient feature which allows to disable app when charging.

Just bought the pro version on play store. Can you plz fix issue with phone being in jeans pocket. I think this is the most asked about so far if you can include this in the next fix would be good. Also a feature to the disable the feature when phone is locked. :highfive:

I'm just uploading an update for PRO version, including proximity implementation to disable app when an object is detected near the sensor.

Doesn't seem to work on HTC EVO LTE with Sense 5 ROM, first time sending a logcat, let me know if I did it right. From joem7772.

It's weird, it looks like your compass is not working. Check this thread, it looks a very similar problem

So what, there are also dozens of screen capture apps and nobody is complaining about that.
Let give users a choice. Screebl isn't working for me on Android 4.2.x, tried many times it just keeps disabling itself, this app works perfect for me. So I'm happy with having a for me working alternative.

Yes, it's not working on my GN too. Also consider price difference, screebl costs twice. Thanks for supporting me.

This sounds like a great idea, but how does the software cope when it is in your back pocket in your trousers? Mine is there lots when I am out and about but this seems to be the same position as when I am using it?
Thanks

I'm just uploading an update for PRO version, including proximity implementation to disable app when an object is detected near the sensor. It should be live within some hours.

Edub34

Dec 21, 2012
Not downloading to my phone from the playstore

After the success of Smart Screen OFF and Smart Screen ON... Here is Keep Screen ON!

Keep Screen ON is an innovative free app that allow you to keep your smartphone screen ON in a smart way. This app will help you saving battery keeping the screen on only when you are holding it. This works thanks to orientation sensor built in your device (smartphone or tablet).

HOW DOES IT WORK?
When you are using your device, you hold it in a specific position. Keep Screen ON let you select the range of activation of the screen brightness based on the device inclination (more smart ways are coming soon).

You know for sure that screen brightness is the most important factor in battery life and you will find it always at the top of the most consuming factors in Android statistics. Keep Screen ON as name implies, keeps brightness enabled only when you are holding it: as soon as you left it on the table, the screen will turn off.

SO WHAT?

FUTURE
+Battery tab
+Screen settings
+Brightness settings

I WOULD LIKE TO SUGGEST

KEEP SCREEN ON LITE
KEEP SCREEN ON PRO

talhamid

Jun 18, 2010
Very nice and thoughtful, great for reading! Works well on my Xperia S.
Hello, installed it on my Xperia Z and its not working. Can you send post or PM me a screenshot of your settings? also, are you rooted or stock?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Try to send me a logcat while running the app. Maybe there's something wrong with compass.

In pro version there's a convenient feature which allows to disable app when charging.

I'm just uploading an update for PRO version, including proximity implementation to disable app when an object is detected near the sensor.

It's weird, it looks like your compass is not working. Check this thread, it looks a very similar problem

Yes, it's not working on my GN too. Also consider price difference, screebl costs twice. Thanks for supporting me.

I'm just uploading an update for PRO version, including proximity implementation to disable app when an object is detected near the sensor. It should be live within some hours.
Can't, since I am not rooted

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
Hello, installed it on my Xperia Z and its not working. Can you send post or PM me a screenshot of your settings? also, are you rooted or stock?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
Can't, since I am not rooted

Check if orientation sensor is working using an app like this.

talhamid

Jun 18, 2010
Check if orientation sensor is working using an app like this.
Sincerely appreciate your lighting fast response.

I installed the app, and the orientation sensor, accelerometer and gyroscope, all are working. The green pointer in the 'accuracy' setting of your app is also working, and the head turns green and grey at the right moments. The only thing not working is screen turning off and back on. I have also disabled the lockscreen but that hasn't helped.

NishantM

Sep 20, 2008
Mumbai
Working fine on my Nexus 4, which is completely stock but rooted. Bought the PRO version. Would be nice if you can add a feature which turns the screen off in say 3 - 5 seconds if we put our phone down. Just a suggestion.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

SO WHAT?

FUTURE
    +Battery tab
    +Screen settings
    +Brightness settings

I WOULD LIKE TO SUGGEST

KEEP SCREEN ON PRO
    Very nice app, been looking for something like this for a while now.
    I have one problem with it, when my phone is in its cradle it falls within the setting range and the screen times never times out.

It would be great if in the future there could a setting to disable the app when connected to an external pwr source and/or an option to let the screen time out after a specific time without any movement.

Yes, that's a good idea. Disable during charge will be implemented in one of next releases.
    I'll also implement a new way to react to movements in the space. :good:
    Great idea, disable app when no motion is detected after X time. I'll implement this for sure.

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2

IMPORTANT NEWS

If you have downloaded the app before and it was not working, download the new update. It will be live soon on Play Store. There are good chances that the app will work now. Also make sure you uninstall previous version, reboot and install new version. Even for Nexus 4 users.