Thanks Meter: 237

By AndyCr15, Senior Member on 19th January 2011, 02:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd April 2013, 05:16 PM |#241  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwerrett

will the unit ever have a proper HPF "high pass filter" as seems be ok for the subwoofer even though the cutout ranges dont even seem take much effect at all really. but the virtual bass is no good to use for cutout hz as this also cuts out the subwoofer bass which is pointless.

seems bit waste that there doesnt seem be any really kinda filter for LPF and HPF

I thought I was the only one with the same problem.

the audio processor seems to have some potential since there is the ability to have an LPF on the sub, an 7-band Equalizer, a fairly ajustable bassboost and good ajustable time alignment. Too bad that the most important thing, like having a HPF on the mains is not there. therefore the sub and the mains will overlap each other and the mains may be driven with too much power in the lows which will sound muffled.

Good - LPF is available in the audioFx subwoofer settings.
Good - Time alignement
Good - Virtual superbass is nice to have when you only use mains

Bad - There is no HPF available for the Main speakers
Bad - There is no Subsonic filter for the subwoofer
Bad - Virtual superbass is affecting the mainspeakers and the subwoofer as well
3rd April 2013, 10:10 PM |#243  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
same version as the leaked?
3rd April 2013, 10:33 PM |#244  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Re: Parrot Asteroid
No this is version 2 p5. The leak was p2.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
4th April 2013, 05:18 AM |#245  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarymonkey

No this is version 2 p5. The leak was p2.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Any big difference between the two? Have yet to install p5.
4th April 2013, 01:56 PM |#246  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Thanks for the info about the b5.
I've just installed it and it's good so far (not be able to really test it and particulalry Waze but it seems encouraging after a first boot).
7th April 2013, 09:22 AM |#247  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGun1

Hi 2all!
can somebody,who have updated ASTEROID Smart to the latest available version 2.0.1 -share the preinstalled iGO application (.apk) ?

Thx in advance.

I am also very interested in this update. If anyone share .арк will be happy.
8th April 2013, 02:56 PM |#248  

More
For the Smart you can find version 2.0.1 on the official website (for France available here: http://www.parrot.com/fr/support/parrot-asteroid-smart)

I'm running the 2p5 on the Asteroid Classic, and found Waze to work very badly with the GPS. I have really often messages like NO GPS, and when I try to navigate I always have the message to go to the highlight road (and on the screen my position is updated and I'm following of course the right direction). Sometimes Waze ends up in a black screen with nothing happening (typically when I ask for a route and if there's a GPS or network problem), then I have to quit the app and restart it.
Anyone noticed the same behavior? Have you find any workaround?
9th April 2013, 10:20 AM |#249  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have installed the p2 and waze always works fine.... when it says no gps if you press the standby on the until is the gps symbol displayed ??
9th April 2013, 10:36 AM |#250  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I have the 2.0p5 ans it works fine (only one crash with a boom sound)
Waze is ok but i can't find the ‛prefered device ‛ in BT parameters (and so the 'reconnect automaticaly' option)...
Anybody has an idea ?
9th April 2013, 12:04 PM |#251  

More
May be my gps sensor is not well placed (it's behind the asteroid, inside the dashboard, with a little view to the outside through the air aperture for the windscreen).
But I had no issue with previous asteroid and Navigon (it never took more than few seconds to be located and It's been working well with Navigon).
May be Waze is more sensitive to a precise location, I will try to move the GPS sensor to see if it helps as nobody else encounter the issue (but I have to remove the car radio so I won't be able to do it very soon...).
EDIT: I've not moved my gps sensor yet but I continue to use Waze on a daily basis to go to work, and I noticed it sometimes detects me at the right position and give me the correct indications. What's strange is that always occurs exactly at the same places during my trip. Don't know if it's interresting, will still have to move the sensor to check the behavior...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)