FORUMS

[APP][4.2+] Chronus: Stylish Clock, Weather, News, Tasks, Stocks and Calendar widgets

2,471 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,134

By DvTonder, Recognized Developer on 12th March 2013, 02:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd April 2013, 04:33 PM |#171  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Toronto

More
A fix is in the works.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DvTonder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2013, 04:35 PM |#172  
Flag Fresno,Cali 559
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Re: [APP][OFFICIAL][4.2+] CyanogenMod cLock - Home & Lock screen widget (Updated 28/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNex_fareast

I don't if this will help resolving the issue but this is my finding:

Rootbox linaro build (by sykomaniac) dated 01/04 works fine updating the weather information.
BakedStalk build (by sykomaniac) dated 03/04 does not work (cannot retrieve location message pops up).

I've tried installing the LockClock apk from the rootbox build to the bakedstalk build with no success (same result not retrieving the location)

Hmmm so more then likely the rom then huh the slim I'm on gas buddy app dosnt work either

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app
3rd April 2013, 04:40 PM |#173  
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 550

More
regarding weather bug this was posted somewhere else but may apply:
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/35045/
3rd April 2013, 04:43 PM |#174  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.huss2

regarding weather bug this was posted somewhere else but may apply:
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/35045/

Yes, this is the fix I am referring to. Danesh is one of the CM developers and we have been talking about the approach to fixing it.

I will test it tonight when I get a chance to build with it and will merge it into CM and post an updated APK here if the testing is successful.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DvTonder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2013, 05:16 PM |#175  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
R: [ROM][Linaro] ✯ Xylon Nightlies ✯ [04/03/13] The Chillest ROM for the Hottest Peop
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBQsniper

Happened to me too! Frustrating. On the latest CM nightly as well. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvTonder

Looks like it is a Yahoo system problem. the XML response from the Yahoo server is returning an invalid result/error message. Lets hope Yahoo fixes it soon.

Tapatalkeggiato

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Quote:

Looks like it is a Yahoo system problem. the XML response from the Yahoo server is returning an invalid result/error message. Lets hope Yahoo fixes it soon.

Clock weather

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzgomba

Installed cLock app. Tried updating weather and I get an error : cannot retrieve location. I have tried manual and automatic settings but nothing. Just a question mark....

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Quote:

Tapatalkeggiato
The Following User Says Thank You to Pelide For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pelide Ad-Free
3rd April 2013, 05:54 PM |#176  
Flag Calne
Thanks Meter: 190

More
Re: [APP][OFFICIAL][4.2+] CyanogenMod cLock - Home & Lock screen widget (Updated 28/3
Any chance of opening the system clock app when tapping the time? That would make this perfect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
3rd April 2013, 05:58 PM |#177  
Flag Fresno,Cali 559
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rec71

Any chance of opening the system clock app when tapping the time? That would make this perfect.

It dose on mine I think lol

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app
3rd April 2013, 06:55 PM |#178  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rec71

works on mine too. but you need to unlock the phone and the system clock app opens automatically
3rd April 2013, 09:16 PM |#179  
Flag Frederiksberg
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Sv: [APP][OFFICIAL][4.2+] CyanogenMod cLock - Home & Lock screen widget (Updated 28/3
Quote:

Yahoo is/was the only free weather API provider that did not restrict the number of weather queries/responses. All other providers charge for the unlimited use of their service and have very low caps on the number of requests per day for their 'free' services.

Since cLock is a free app and we have several million users, we don't have the means to pay for the other API's.

Fair enough. But then how about maybe doing an optional paid version with the choice of a provider like Acu Weather in addition to the free one?
4th April 2013, 02:12 AM |#180  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Toronto

More
v2.2.2 is now available via post 2
- Use new Yahoo placefinder API URL
- Updated translations
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to DvTonder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2013, 02:29 AM |#181  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

v2.2.2 is now available via post 2
- Use new Yahoo placefinder API URL
- Updated translations

The fix in the new update is still not working for me...still says "cannot retrive location". Both using geolocation and custom location.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)