FORUMS

[APP][4.0+] TopNTP 1.1 - Achieve Rapid GPS Locks, Use more GPS Sats, Reliable NTP

2,493 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,237

Post Reply Email Thread
4th April 2013, 10:28 PM |#11  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Sneek
Thanks Meter: 1,578

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgal302006

On the first run it didn't creat the backup of original GPS.config file. It just created the empty topntp folder in sdcard.Also GPS lock improvements is not visible. I'm using job 4.1.1

Did it create an backup of the new file than? For which device?

Edit: can you sent a copy of your original /system/etc/gps.conf? Or has your rom the conf file somewhere else or something strange like that?

Taptalked u see .. əəs n pəʞlɐʇdɐʇ
5th April 2013, 08:40 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatta

Did it create an backup of the new file than? For which device?

Edit: can you sent a copy of your original /system/etc/gps.conf? Or has your rom the conf file somewhere else or something strange like that?

No it didn't create the backup of original file. just the folder was created in the sdcard.The new file is created in system/etc folder. I will try to upload original GPS confg file from ROM dump. I'm on micromax a110 device. It is a rebranded Chinese phone available in Indian market

Just to give some more info if that will help. I'm using an extremely large host file to block ads. not sure if this has any connection.
6th April 2013, 11:04 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Been testing this on a Nexus 4 with Stock ROM and Franco Kernel. I've always had spotty GPS (if at all, specially inside buildings if I don't turn On WiFi). Yesterday, it locked me inside my house without WiFI after reboot in 3-4 seconds. Today, it has been kind of spotty. I flashed the General settings with no specific Country. I live in Puerto Rico. Do you recommend some specific settings?
The Following User Says Thank You to PRGUY85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PRGUY85 Ad-Free
8th April 2013, 12:23 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

On the first run it didn't creat the backup of original GPS.config file. It just created the empty topntp folder in sdcard.Also GPS lock improvements is not visible. I'm using job 4.1.1

Is your device rooted?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
8th April 2013, 12:28 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRGUY85

Been testing this on a Nexus 4 with Stock ROM and Franco Kernel. I've always had spotty GPS (if at all, specially inside buildings if I don't turn On WiFi). Yesterday, it locked me inside my house without WiFI after reboot in 3-4 seconds. Today, it has been kind of spotty. I flashed the General settings with no specific Country. I live in Puerto Rico. Do you recommend some specific settings?

Describe your surroundings. Explain the comment that it always had spotty gps reception...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
8th April 2013, 03:42 AM |#16  

More
Sometimes it works others it doesn't. My surroundings change but its urban. At times it locks at a previous location.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
8th April 2013, 04:54 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Yes it is rooted & even the GPS config file is getting updated. In the setting I choose Asia. India & Google profile
8th April 2013, 03:40 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sometimes it works others it doesn't. My surroundings change but its urban. At times it locks at a previous location.

Come on now, don't be so vague...

When it doesn't work, where are you? When it works, where are you?

Do you have any non-standard Nexus 4 ROMs installed? Any other GPS tweaks installed?

If it locks at a previous location, it sounds like GPS isn't being activated and it uses cached coordinates.
9th April 2013, 05:03 AM |#19  

More
I have Stock ROM rooted with Franco Kernel, nexus 4. It doesn't work as well inside buildings which is to be expected. Yet I would like to have at least an estimate of my position. Couldn't this be done with network data? No other mods installed.

9th April 2013, 05:10 AM |#20  

More
I'm currently at home with WiFi off. The stock GPS icon shows my location is set however GPS status app nor Google maps Can lock on a location.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1365480599485.jpg
Views:	1121
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1868894   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1365480625838.jpg
Views:	1073
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1868895  
9th April 2013, 07:10 AM |#21  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Sneek
Thanks Meter: 1,578

More
Quote:

I have Stock ROM rooted with Franco Kernel, nexus 4. It doesn't work as well inside buildings which is to be expected. Yet I would like to have at least an estimate of my position. Couldn't this be done with network data? No other mods installed.

Quote:

I'm currently at home with WiFi off. The stock GPS icon shows my location is set however GPS status app nor Google maps Can lock on a location.

If you don't have satellites in sight the location service solely relies on WiFi and network. GPS status app just shows the gps data afaik, google Maps is supposed to work without gps but in that case you need to have the location service checked in your device settings.

Quote:

Yes it is rooted & even the GPS config file is getting updated. In the setting I choose Asia. India & Google profile

I'm clueless about the not existence of a backup for you. Can you verify if your rom did have the file "/system/etc/gps.conf" and that your SDcard isn't full? Other things don't come up into my mind because everything else seems to work for you and you are the first to report this bug?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gps, patch

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)