FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.1+][ROOT][1.0.15] GMusicFS: play cloud Google Music in music players apps

6,204 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,357

By bubbleguuum, Senior Member on 28th February 2013, 08:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd April 2013, 04:36 PM |#431  
Flag Sache, TX
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donbronco

After deleting the gmusicfs app, the official Google music app now shows me hundreds of song saved locally only numbered with strange letters and numbers. Any idea how to fix that ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Make sure you click "Unmount" then "Cleanup" before you remove the app from the system. It should clean up all the files from the mount point.

3rd April 2013, 04:01 AM |#432  
Flag Sache, TX
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Re: [APP][4.0+][ROOT][0.9.3 BETA] GMusicFS: play cloud Google Music in music players
Lately that flood protection really annoys me...as it skips songs a lot...other times while a song was playing...it just skipped right to the next song...any idea why?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to vnguyen972 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vnguyen972 Ad-Free
Xdaoscar996
3rd April 2013, 04:05 PM |#433  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Re: [APP][4.0+][ROOT][0.9.3 BETA] GMusicFS: play cloud Google Music in music players
Got it working with holo player
4th April 2013, 05:23 PM |#434  
Flag Albany, OR
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnguyen972

Lately that flood protection really annoys me...as it skips songs a lot...other times while a song was playing...it just skipped right to the next song...any idea why?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

I also get this and was wondering if there's a fix
4th April 2013, 05:27 PM |#435  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks for this, works great!
4th April 2013, 06:39 PM |#436  
Flag The Mountains
Thanks Meter: 577

More
How hard would it be to, instead of pull music from Google Music, pull it from my own FTP? The tiny files as placeholders is brilliant, and could work wonders with FTP as a sort of mounted folder solution. Thoughts?
4th April 2013, 11:49 PM |#437  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12gage

I also get this and was wondering if there's a fix

+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeon47

How hard would it be to, instead of pull music from Google Music, pull it from my own FTP? The tiny files as placeholders is brilliant, and could work wonders with FTP as a sort of mounted folder solution. Thoughts?

Interesting. I like this idea as well. I would point it at my Plex server. Don't get me wrong Gmusic is great, it just can be a pain uploading new music if it's a large collection. With Plex I just hit refresh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium
7th April 2013, 07:52 AM |#438  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The beta is up and I don't see any sort of update for the app, nor do I see a Play Store entry. Any revisions or will I have to go without the app for a while until it's made publicly available?
7th April 2013, 11:02 AM |#439  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelonelyghost

The beta is up and I don't see any sort of update for the app, nor do I see a Play Store entry. Any revisions or will I have to go without the app for a while until it's made publicly available?

I'll post a new beta on this thread later today.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bubbleguuum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubbleguuum Ad-Free
7th April 2013, 06:07 PM |#440  
OP Senior Member

More
GmusicFS 0.9.4 is available (see first post for download link). It will expire on May 7th.

As I had not too much time to work on it, it mostly only adds playlist syncing.
Hopefully I can resume work on it soon and next beta will bring the much needed buffering.

I also need to investigate possible battery drain, which could happen if a media player doesn't close
a file after playback stops (in that case a WiFi lock is held, draining battery).
Normally most players should close files but if you observe battery drain, let me know what player you use.

• playlist syncing
  • disabled request flood protection as it can cause problems
  • initial filesystem native executable read calibration is done only once and stored in prefs instead of done on each run
  • propose to download new version on beta expiration

Playlist syncing notes
  • Synced playlists are automatically appended [gfs] to their name so they can be distinguished from local playlists in music players
  • the Sync button now proposes to Sync albums or playlists or both. Syncing playlists only is valid if albums were synced first.
    During playlist sync, if some tracks are missing it will state so and propose to do a full sync (Albums + playlists)
  • syncing playlists with Settings > Track limit not set to 0 may result in incomplete playlists, as playlist tracks will refer to missing files
  • the Clean button removes playlist entries from the Android media database
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to bubbleguuum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubbleguuum Ad-Free
9th April 2013, 10:26 PM |#441  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Hey guys. Using Nowplaying app from a dev here on XDA. Most songs are good including album art however some of them turn up as seen on the scree shot. Any idea how to address this?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-04-09-17-24-17.jpg
Views:	740
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1871077
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)