Link2SD no longer required!
Taken from http://www.modaco.com/topic/361722-s...apps-and-data/
The purpose of SDMergE400 mod is to get more space for user data by means of removing the unnecessary 1GB internal SDCARD. Technicaly it is done in 4 steps:
Step 1 - Update recovery to use custtom one that support expert partitioning
Step 2 - Re-partition the internal storage and create filesystems
Step 3 - Install fresh Cyanogenmod 9 nightly
Step 4 - Install SDMergE400 modifier for CM9 nightly.
1. Extended data partition 1.15 GB
2. Battery / power up fix
3. USB Mass Storage fix
4. ICS device encryption fix
5. 1GHz / tun / swap kernel
How to install (for the first time - no previous SDMergE400 mod installed):
1. Download archive with all parts from http://sendfile.su/787227 [SEE BOTTOM OF POST FOR MIRRORS] and unpack its contents to External SD card. Download the latest CM nightly to your external SD card too. Make sure the phone is fully charged!
2. Ensure you have CWM 126.96.36.199 recovery installed.
3. Plug off the charger and reboot into recovery
4. Apply SDMergE400_Step1.zip from sdcard. The phone will reboot on success prompting you a new recovery.
5. Apply SDMergE400_Step2.zip from sdcard. The phone will reboot on success prompting you an old recovery for step3 and step4 completion.
6. Apply CM9 install and after it completes, apply SDMergE400_Step4.zip from the sdcard.
7. Reboot and cross your fingers - after 2-3 minutes max you will see the SIM card PIN lock screen.
How to apply newer CM nightlies:
1. Copy CM9 nightly to external card
2. Apply from CWM recovery
3. Apply SDMergE400-Step4.zip from external card
4. Reboot normal
All you user data should remain intact.
How to revert the mod:
1. Reflash KDZ to stock 2.3.6 kernel.
Thanks go to
- crazybyte for long-time help, discussions and scripts
- hecatae for pinned topic and testing of previous mods
- LG RMA service for new board for my E-400
Fixes in the new step4:
1. Overclocked 1GHz kernel / blur fix / NO SMARTASSV2 (improved stability against freezes and reboots!) / swap / tun.ko as module / ums fix
2. PPTP / L2TP VPN fix
3. WebKit checkboxes fix
4. Lock screen fixes : glowpad with 6 targets, optimized pinpad and password lock, carrier info under clock widget, weather and calendar widgets located under glowpad to save space.
5. USB mass storage write speed fix (3-4 MB/sec)
6. White screen charger fix
7. New charger icons
8. New recovery with USB mass storage fix
SDMergE400_step4v1.3b (big lockscreen circle): link dead: see bottom of post for mirror
Big lockscreen circle version:
Will wipe everything on first install.
CM9 is required.
FOR STOCK VERSION GO HERE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2250759
For the fixes and kernel without merged memory go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post39806257
SDMergE400_mod_gellmar_crazybyte.zip without old step4 mirror: http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/36858550/file.html
SDMergE400_step4v1.3 mirror: http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/4850968/file.html
SDMergE400_step4v1.3b (big lockscreen circle) mirror: http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/20520892/file.html