[TOOL] HTC Droid DNA Toolkit v1.1.1 [Recovery,Radios,hboot,backup/restore,Drivers]

Search This thread

stillthisguy

Dec 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
HTC Droid DNA Toolkit v1.1.1​

I thought it would be helpful to have a quick and easy way to complete some common tasks on our DNA, so I wrote this toolkit. If you run into any issues or have suggestions for changes, please let me know. I have quite a few ideas of things I want to add, and will start working on that soon. Just wanted to get this out there for others to use if they would like.

DNAToolkitv1.1.0.png

Changelog

v1.1.1

Fixed issue with hboot and radio flashing.

v1.1.0

Added option to open page to rumrunner
Added option to open page to back to stock
Added option to record your screen if on 4.4.x
Added 3.06 Radio, and hboot files
Added updated recovery installs.

v1.0.5

Seperated the Bootanimation and Downanimation menus
Can save all boot/down animations in theirs folders now
Added ability to choose what bootanimation you would like to use
Added abiltiy to choose what downanitmation you would like to use
Added ROMs to the list of bootanimations
Added ability to capture screenshots to computer or device
Added ability to sideload zip file from recovery

v1.0.4

Exiting the toolkit kills adb service
Added the 1.15 radio
Changed the reboot option after flashing radio
Added the ability to flash different hboot
Added manual instructions for adding drivers
Added device information menu
Changed some menu options

v1.0.3

Added ADB wireless connect/disconnect
Updated to newest CWM 6.0.3.1
Added ability to choose your own recovery from recovery folder
Updated ROM's list for Boot/Down animations
Added ability to Flash Radio's
Flash custom splashscreen without them being deleted
Recovery, splashscren, and radio can be flashed from hboot or android

v.1.0.2

Added ability to Install System/NonSystem Apps
Added ability to Pull System/NonSystem Files
Added ability to Push files
Added logcat capture
Fixed Restore Apps
Added option to delete apps from backup folder
Fixed some wording/spacing within toolkit.
Updated to newest TWRP 2.5.0.0

v1.0.1

Shows if phone is in hboot or adb
Quick access to XDA main page
Quick access to XDA DNA page
Install drivers for XP - Vista - Win 7 - Win 8
Backup and Restore User Apps
Flash Boot/Downanimations
Flash Recovery
Flash Splashscreen
Reboot Options

Please do not redistribute/mirror this toolkit. If you would like to link it in any other thread, please include a link back to this thread, give proper credit. Also, send me a PM letting me know.

As with anything you will find on XDA, I am not responsible for anything that occurs to your phone or computer by using this toolkit.

Credits

Google - Lots of searching and for Android yo!
eraste - For the how-to guide here
Dees_Troy - For TWRP 2.5.0.0 here
Koush - For CWM 6.0.3.1 here

Last edited:

stillthisguy

Dec 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
FAQ's

Can't flash Splashscreen

You must be s-off and have the ENG HBOOT on your device Go here or flash the ENG hboot within the Toolkit.

Where do I copy the files for Bootanimation, Downanimation or Splashscreen?

x32 - C:\Program Files\stillthisguy\HTC Droid DNA Toolkit
x64 - C:\Program Files (x86)\stillthisguy\HTC Droid DNA Toolkit
You can now save all your boot/down animations in their respective folders.

Toolkit won't open on Windows 8

Right click the icon>Properties>Compatibility>Check mark Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3)

Windows 7/8 x64 Drivers

Windows 7/8 x64 drivers are not getting placed in the correct folder. They are getting placed in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers folder instead of C:\Windows\System32\Drivers folder. You can either move them from the SysWOW64\driver folder or copy them from the Toolkit Win7_64 folder to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers folder.

Last edited:

amit_sen

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2011
New Delhi
Re: [TOOL] HTC Droid DNA Toolkit v1.0.0 [Drivers, Boot/DownAni, Back/Restore, Recover

First :D

Where's the dl link.

Sent from my HTC 'One' DNA

stillthisguy

Dec 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
I'm on Windows 8 Pro x64 ... Won't load for me.. installed fine.. no errors. Double clicking the icon.. getting nothing..

Right click the icon>Properties>Compatibility>Check mark Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3). I did some testing with it on a fresh Win 8 Enterprise x64 and x32 and this was the best way to get it to work every time. I will look into seeing about running it without compatibility mode in the future.

jbarcus81

Jul 30, 2010
Marietta, OH
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
Right click the icon>Properties>Compatibility>Check mark Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3). I did some testing with it on a fresh Win 8 Enterprise x64 and x32 and this was the best way to get it to work every time. I will look into seeing about running it without compatibility mode in the future.

Cool... Worked like a charm!!

stillthisguy

Dec 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
v1.0.2 is up, please see the changelog in the OP. You can install the new .msi over the old version. :good:

Last edited:

stillthisguy

Dec 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Almost pushed back to the 2nd page, so I figured it was time for another update!

v1.0.3 is up in the 2nd post, as always you can install 1.0.3 over top of v1.0.1, v1.0.2 or standalone.

Changelog is in the OP.

Remember, installing the newer version will not erase any files you currently have in any of the toolkit folders.

If anyone has any feedback or suggestions for the toolkit, please let me know.

ilogik

May 27, 2006
I tried to update the radio, as soon as it started fastboot.exe crashed and the output came up in a fraction of a second as successful. Now my phone is stuck on the HTC screen and will not go beyond that.

**after trying a reboot no HTC came up now, its just a black screen with the green charge LED turned on...

Attachments

• flash.jpg
    flash.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 547
Last edited:

stillthisguy

Dec 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
I tried to update the radio, as soon as it started fastboot.exe crashed and the output came up in a fraction of a second as successful. Now my phone is stuck on the HTC screen and will not go beyond that.

**after trying a reboot no HTC came up now, its just a black screen with the green charge LED turned on...

You need to reboot to hboot, run the toolkit, choose flash radio, choose 2. for 2.06 radio, then when it asks if you are in hboot or android type: hboot.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 433
Reactions: HTCVzw and ilogik

madzozs

Oct 15, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
So no matter what I try, when I use this to flash the radio or anything at all, my computer isn't seeing the device in fastboot. I've tried every driver I can find. I've uninstalled all drivers and used the ones from this kit and it still won't work. Windows 8/64bit. I've tried USB2 and 3 ports. Nothing.

stillthisguy

Dec 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
So no matter what I try, when I use this to flash the radio or anything at all, my computer isn't seeing the device in fastboot. I've tried every driver I can find. I've uninstalled all drivers and used the ones from this kit and it still won't work. Windows 8/64bit. I've tried USB2 and 3 ports. Nothing.

Windows 8 is a bit crabby about drivers for some reason. Try this, boot or reboot to hboot, plug phone into your comptuer. Open Device Manager> locate your device. On my Win 8/64bit computer it is listed under other devices when the drivers aren't working or installed and listed as Android 1.0. Right click on the device, click browse my computer for driver software. Under Search for driver software in this location: enter: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers, click Next. Should come up saying that it is installing drivers, and when finished it should say it successfully installed My HTC driver.

When the drivers are installed correctly, you will see your device listed under Android USB Devices>My HTC.

Last edited:

madzozs

Oct 15, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Windows 8 is a bit crabby about drivers for some reason. Try this, boot or reboot to hboot, plug phone into your comptuer. Open Device Manager> locate your device. On my Win 8/64bit computer it is listed under other devices when the drivers aren't working or installed and listed as Android 1.0. Right click on the device, click browse my computer for driver software. Under Search for driver software in this location: enter: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers, click Next. Should come up saying that it is installing drivers, and when finished it should say it successfully installed My HTC driver.

When the drivers are installed correctly, you will see your device listed under Android USB Devices>My HTC.

It's showing as My HTC, but with the yellow triangle on it.

madzozs

Oct 15, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
That normally indicates that the device won't start or some other issue. Could try reinstalling the driver the way I described, reboot mine help as well. Try a fun uninstall of the driver and set it up again.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

Welp, uninstalled the drivers and used the toolkit to reinstall. Now when I go into fastboot, device manager shows the device as HTC Android Interface(with yellow triangle) and still won't work. I try and had it scan for the driver in the folder mentioned before and it doesn't fix anything. Tried both types of USB ports as well. I feel like I may be completely **** out of luck with flashing anything new in fastboot. Luckily I was able to root/unlock/soff before my old computer **** the bed.

stillthisguy

Dec 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Welp, uninstalled the drivers and used the toolkit to reinstall. Now when I go into fastboot, device manager shows the device as HTC Android Interface(with yellow triangle) and still won't work. I try and had it scan for the driver in the folder mentioned before and it doesn't fix anything. Tried both types of USB ports as well. I feel like I may be completely **** out of luck with flashing anything new in fastboot. Luckily I was able to root/unlock/soff before my old computer **** the bed.

Don't give up yet, I figured out what is wrong, not sure why the issue is happening on Win8 for drivers. The toolkit is placing the drivers in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers folder, which the drivers wont work from there. The driver need to be in C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder. So, just open the Drivers\Win7_64 folder within the toolkit, should be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\stillthisguy\HTC Droid DNA Toolkit\Drivers\Win7_64 for you and copy all the drivers from in there to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and then right click on the device and update the driver and point to C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC Droid DNA Toolkit v1.1.1​

I thought it would be helpful to have a quick and easy way to complete some common tasks on our DNA, so I wrote this toolkit. If you run into any issues or have suggestions for changes, please let me know. I have quite a few ideas of things I want to add, and will start working on that soon. Just wanted to get this out there for others to use if they would like.

DNAToolkitv1.1.0.png

Changelog

v1.1.1

Fixed issue with hboot and radio flashing.

v1.1.0

Added option to open page to rumrunner
    Added option to open page to back to stock
    Added option to record your screen if on 4.4.x
    Added 3.06 Radio, and hboot files
    Added updated recovery installs.

v1.0.5

Seperated the Bootanimation and Downanimation menus
    Can save all boot/down animations in theirs folders now
    Added ability to choose what bootanimation you would like to use
    Added abiltiy to choose what downanitmation you would like to use
    Added ROMs to the list of bootanimations
    Added ability to capture screenshots to computer or device
    Added ability to sideload zip file from recovery

v1.0.4

Exiting the toolkit kills adb service
    Added the 1.15 radio
    Changed the reboot option after flashing radio
    Added the ability to flash different hboot
    Added manual instructions for adding drivers
    Added device information menu

v1.0.3

Added ADB wireless connect/disconnect
    Updated to newest CWM 6.0.3.1
    Added ability to choose your own recovery from recovery folder
    Updated ROM's list for Boot/Down animations
    Added ability to Flash Radio's
    Flash custom splashscreen without them being deleted
    Recovery, splashscren, and radio can be flashed from hboot or android

v.1.0.2

Added ability to Install System/NonSystem Apps
    Added ability to Pull System/NonSystem Files
    Added ability to Push files
    Added logcat capture
    Fixed Restore Apps
    Added option to delete apps from backup folder
    Fixed some wording/spacing within toolkit.
    Updated to newest TWRP 2.5.0.0

v1.0.1

Shows if phone is in hboot or adb
    Quick access to XDA main page
    Quick access to XDA DNA page
    Install drivers for XP - Vista - Win 7 - Win 8
    Backup and Restore User Apps
    Flash Boot/Downanimations
    Flash Recovery
    Flash Splashscreen
    Reboot Options

Please do not redistribute/mirror this toolkit. If you would like to link it in any other thread, please include a link back to this thread, give proper credit. Also, send me a PM letting me know.

As with anything you will find on XDA, I am not responsible for anything that occurs to your phone or computer by using this toolkit.

Credits

Google - Lots of searching and for Android yo!
    eraste - For the how-to guide here
    Dees_Troy - For TWRP 2.5.0.0 here
    Koush - For CWM 6.0.3.1 here
    Downloads - You only need to download the newest version, unless you don't want the newer features.:good:

v1.1.1

v1.1.0

v1.0.5

v1.0.4

v1.0.3

v1.0.2

v1.0.1
    Another Tuesday, another update in the 2nd post. Up to v1.0.4 and not looking back! Still have some things to improve upon and some other features I would like to add.

In the meantime, go suck up some bandwidth and get the most up to date version!
    FAQ's

Can't flash Splashscreen

You must be s-off and have the ENG HBOOT on your device Go here or flash the ENG hboot within the Toolkit.

Where do I copy the files for Bootanimation, Downanimation or Splashscreen?

x32 - C:\Program Files\stillthisguy\HTC Droid DNA Toolkit
    x64 - C:\Program Files (x86)\stillthisguy\HTC Droid DNA Toolkit
    You can now save all your boot/down animations in their respective folders.

Toolkit won't open on Windows 8

Right click the icon>Properties>Compatibility>Check mark Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3)

Windows 7/8 x64 Drivers

Windows 7/8 x64 drivers are not getting placed in the correct folder. They are getting placed in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers folder instead of C:\Windows\System32\Drivers folder. You can either move them from the SysWOW64\driver folder or copy them from the Toolkit Win7_64 folder to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers folder.
    Almost pushed back to the 2nd page, so I figured it was time for another update!

v1.0.3 is up in the 2nd post, as always you can install 1.0.3 over top of v1.0.1, v1.0.2 or standalone.

Changelog is in the OP.

Remember, installing the newer version will not erase any files you currently have in any of the toolkit folders.

If anyone has any feedback or suggestions for the toolkit, please let me know.