FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: In your opinion, when looking back at this thread, how easy were the instructions?

Very Easy

78 Vote(s)
54.55%
Somewhat Easy

20 Vote(s)
13.99%
Easy

24 Vote(s)
16.78%
Difficult

7 Vote(s)
4.90%
Somewhat Difficult

8 Vote(s)
5.59%
Very Difficult

7 Vote(s)
4.90%

[ROOT][HOW TO] Install Google Play Store Noob (Simple) Version

2,637 posts
Thanks Meter: 995

Post Reply Email Thread
3rd April 2013, 05:12 PM |#161  
Flag San Jose,CA
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by damigonz

I will try to root again .

Edit: I rooted again and still don't work the Google play store.
I think we have to install it again.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

I too lost root and Google Play. Play would open and then immediately close, probably due to the /system update from OTA. I ran KFFirstAide, ran the install Google Play option and it was successful. I saw several "cannot create nul: Read-only file system" messages throughout the process, but Google Play was restored and it looks like everything is working properly.
6th April 2013, 02:11 PM |#162  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Great work with the installation guides I have successfully rooted my kindle fire hd 8.9 and everything is functional. However with installing google play store, I'm not able to download any apps onto the device. It's just a continual loop of trying to download the apps with no progress. I have uninstalled/reinstall the market app, deleted everything that was google or google related on the device, uninstalled/reinstalled the vending.apk, redownloaded and installed updated framework and login services apks. I've also did an xda as well as google search about this problem. I don't know what else to do. What am I missing???

Sent from my KFJWI using xda premium
10th April 2013, 10:40 AM |#163  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Finally got playstore installed and working on my 8.9. The step in the guide where it tells you to go to root settings and tick all the options you see. Well after I installed all the apks and updates I went back into root settings and unticked mount system setting and playstore is working. I don't get the market has stopped message when launching playstore.

Sent from my KFJWI using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cblendz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cblendz Ad-Free
10th April 2013, 04:49 PM |#164  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy
hi hi,

I am sorry but after reading thru all 17 pages, I think I am the only one NOT able to install google play store.

My problem is after choosing the option, the DOS command windows in PC stated

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

That is it. The command window just hang up there.

Same situation while I tried to disable OTA update.

Did I miss anything here, please ?!
10th April 2013, 04:55 PM |#165  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 2,549

More
Either you don't have the ADB drivers installed/configured properly, or you don't have ADB enabled.
10th April 2013, 06:07 PM |#166  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupmagnet

Either you don't have the ADB drivers installed/configured properly, or you don't have ADB enabled.

Yes, forgot to install the ADB drivers, thanks !!!
10th April 2013, 09:07 PM |#167  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Google Play Store Has Stopped
Ok, I Love this site. You guys rock. I do, however, have a problem. I have rooted my 7 inch Kindle with no problem. I just rooted my 8.9 inch HD Kindle. I installed SuperUser, rooted, etc. just as the instructions say. I checked the root and it is good. My hangup is with installing the Play Store. I followed instructions, read this whole board, and still get "Google Play Store Has Stopped" when I click to enter. I have a few questions, and I have taken pics. The items that should be in the system/app file seem to be in the "system" menu, but no the actual "app" folder that is inside the "system" menu. I can't seem to get them to move into there. Are they in the right spot? Also, when changing the permissions I see a little different view than was described. I hope the pics help. Thank you in advance for guidance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-10 15.37.51.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	1873477   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-10 15.40.19.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	1873478   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-10 15.38.51.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	1873479   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-10 15.39.51.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	1873480  
13th April 2013, 04:16 PM |#168  

More
Does this work for 1 gen kindle fires
13th April 2013, 04:43 PM |#169  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 2,549

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bneyboy095

Does this work for 1 gen kindle fires

The manual instructions will be the same for the KF1.
19th April 2013, 07:52 PM |#170  

More
my Kindle HD 7 7.3.0 is rooted...i had the new Google Play Store installed with KFFirstAide and working OK, but after a factory reset or maybe something else i did, i only had the old Android Store installed....i went through the KFFirstAide Google Play install again, and got a message saying the store was installed successfully, but unfortunately i still only have the old Android store

how can i get the Google Play store back?

EDIT: FIXED. I followed the instructions to manually install Google Play Store, and now i have the GP store working again
22nd April 2013, 12:10 PM |#171  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Successfully installed Google Play Store on my KFOT 10.3.1! Followed the Alternative Method to the letter. Thanks to the OP
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google play market, how to install google play on the kindle, install google play kindle 7" hd, install google play kindle hd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)