CYANOBIZ CM9 Support Thread!

Search This thread

Mavasilisk

Mar 12, 2012
Welcome to Gen8 CYANOBIZ Support thread!​

ATTENTION: This build is stil in early Beta stage! Bizcuite is not responsible of bricked tabs, world war or some kind of alien invasion!

What is this thread for?
This thread is made to help people run CYANOBIZ Unofficial CM9 on their tabs, report bugs related to this ROM and share tips and tweaks.

Before adding your problem(s):
Make sure you are running the latest release of CYANOBIZ !
Make sure your problems is not already listen in the OP (aka this post) !

Bug/Problem list:
Bluetooth can work only by command in Terminal Emulator. Not fixed yet.
Camera. Preview only (can not take pictures for now). Not fixed yet.
Battery stats (% works but no notification of charge). Not fixed yet.
Each problem reported by user will be posted here after its accepted. Remember to use the latest build before reporting.​

How to install CM9 step by step:
You have to install SDE before you attempt to install CM9. Follow the guide in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=930197

From now on you have to download the files only from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1941377
Step 1: Download and decompress (unzip) CM9 image file. Rename it to "openaos-cm.img".
always remember to download the file made for your device. Each device has different specification like screen size, RAM, etc.
Step 2: Download zImage.zip (its usually named with the date of the build like "zimage041013.zip") and rename it to "zImage". Do NOT decompress it!
Step 3: Download "initramfs.cpio.gz".
Step 4: Download "data.img.tar.gz", decompress it and choose the size that fits to your needs. (This file will be used to install apps. If you usually install low amount of apps you can use 256MB. Recommended size: 512 MB.. After you decompress it, rename it to "data_ICS.img" and copy it to the root of your internal storage.
Step 5: Copy the decompressed CM9 system file (openaos-cm.img) to the root of your internal storage.
Step 6: Create a new text file. Insert this line: ICS||/openaos-cm.img|/init|0Archos|ARCHOS|ARCHOS|/init and save it. Rename the text file to "menu.lst" and copy it to the internal storage. (If it doesnt work open "menu.lst" with Notepad++ and add one additional line below by pressing enter)
Step 7: Installing the kernel and initramfs.cpio.gz:
Reboot your tab into recovery. Select Recovery System => Developer Edition Menu => Flash Kernel and Initramfs. Connect your tab to your PC via USB and copy the files from steps 2 and 3. (Its recommended to copy the files one by one)

You are done! :good:

Currently the kernel is not supported by other ROMs (except stock firmware with stock kernel).

How to add swap file
Use adb or Terminal Emulator and add these lines:
If you are going to copy the lines copy it line by line do not copy-paste the whole guide else it wont work!

swapoff -a
rm /swapfile
rm /system/etc/fstab
dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=1024 count=50000
mkswap /swapfile
touch /system/etc/fstab
echo "/swapfile none swap sw 0 0" >> /system/etc/fstab
swapoff /dev/block/ramzswap0
swapon -a /swapfile

This activates a swap file of 50MB in the root of your system image file (CYANOBIZ_xxx.img also knows as openaos-cm.img
Do NOT increase the size over 50MB because the system will become full and it will result in a bootloop!

How to activate swap in internal SD card (storage). This way you can put highter value like 128MB/256MB/512MB/etc.
If you are going to copy the lines copy it line by line do not copy-paste the whole guide else it wont work!

swapoff -a
rm /mnt/storage/swapfile
rm /system/etc/fstab
dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/storage/swapfile bs=1024 count=128000
mkswap /mnt/storage/swapfile
touch /system/etc/fstab
echo "/mnt/storage/swapfile none swap sw 0 0" >> /system/etc/fstab
swapon -a /mnt/storage/swapfile

If you want to see if it's working type "cat /proc/swaps"
You should see this:

cat /proc/swaps
Filename Type Size Used Priority
/mnt/storage/swapfile file 127972 0 -1

You swapfile is done!

Notice: Sometimes a logcat worths more then a hundred words.
If you like the ROM and you'd like to support it feel free to donate to Bizcuite. This way you can tell him a huge "Thank You" and support his job.

Attachments

• menu.lst.zip
    219 bytes · Views: 364
Last edited:

Mavasilisk

Mar 12, 2012
CYANOBIZ Unofficial CM9 Tips & Tweaks
These tweaks come with no warranty! There is a change of bootloop if you edit the wrong value.

Open your root File Explorer (most people use RootExplorer) then go to /system and add these lines to your Build.prop file:

# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
keyguard.no_require_sim=true
ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy
wifi.interface=tiwlan0
net.dns1=8.8.8.8
net.dns2=8.8.4.4
qemu.hw.mainkeys=1
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=120
persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage,adb
ro.telephony.default_network=0
# dalvik props
persist.adb.notify=0
dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=25m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=128m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=160m
#dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
#dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=5m
#dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=48m
#dalvik.vm.heapsize=196m
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags m=y,o=v,u=y
ro.fb.mode=1
ro.sf.compbypass.enable=0
# persist.sys.shutdown.mode=hibernate
ro.config.hw_quickpoweron=true
mot.proximity.delay=25
ro.mot.buttonlight.timeout=0
ro.max.fling_velocity=12000
ro.min.fling_velocity=8000
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1
debug.sf.hw=1
debug.composition.type=gpu
debug.composition.type=c2d
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=240
ro.ui.fullscreen=false
debug.performance.tuning=1
debug.qctwa.preservebuf=1
dev.pm.dyn_samplingrate=1
video.accelerate.hw=1
ro.vold.umsdirtyratio=20
debug.overlayui.enable=1
debug.egl.hw=1
hw3d.force=1
persist.sys.composition.type=c2d
persist.sys.ui.hw=0
#ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
ro.carrier=wifi-only
#crash tab don't enable it
#debug.enabletr=true

Last edited:

bizcuite

Aug 11, 2010
Corbeil-Essonnes
Many thanks for your works Mavasilisk. It's perfect!! Just don't forget the "e" in Bizcuite :angel: :D

Upload of first BETA release is in progres ;)
Don't forget, if you install my kernel, you will NOT be able to use others OS (except original Firmware with original kernel of course)

Maybe we must add "This release is not official and not supported by cyanogen".

Bizcuite

Mavasilisk

Mar 12, 2012
Many thanks for your works Mavasilisk. It's perfect!! Just don't forget the "e" in Bizcuite :angel: :D

Upload of first BETA release is in progres ;)
Don't forget, if you install my kernel, you will NOT be able to use others OS (except original Firmware with original kernel of course)

Maybe we must add "This release is not official and not supported by cyanogen".

Bizcuite

Updated. Sorry, I was so focused so I missed "e" in your nickname. Cant wait to try the first beta!

darren1

Oct 31, 2010
How is sleep with CM9? I used to find with CM7 Bull my tab used to use more power than stock Froyo when sleeping. Also how well does Chrome work with 256mb ram? Thanks.

Mavasilisk

Mar 12, 2012
I prefer Boat Browser. Its very fast and snappy with the new HW. I can compare it to Opera. Chome is just....not my taste.

aleksandarvs

Oct 23, 2010
Browsers

I prefer Boat Browser. Its very fast and snappy with the new HW. I can compare it to Opera. Chome is just....not my taste.

Yes Boat browser works best but is laggy on bigger pages and force closes when I try to start flash content - flash player is still not working. Other browsers force close on bigger pages and chrome is slow. Opera final still dont work, beta is working but freezes on first couple starts. Even stock browser freezes on first couple starts and crashed system once and then started to work pretty normal. Most interesting thing is with Puffin browsers, they worked well under 1.8 and now Puffin free cant even start and Puffin paid freezes or force close when I try to start some web address or edit speed dial. I edited vm heapsize but it didnt help. I am still suspicious on GPU driver. Rom is fast and many apps and games works but we still have some major problems. Keep up with good work Biz and I hope that we will get stable rom soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: bizcuite

Mavasilisk

Mar 12, 2012
Biz, check for dalvik cache and cache errors. I had some problems with apps when I forgot to wipe caches.

bizcuite

Aug 11, 2010
Corbeil-Essonnes
I dont have problem with cache but you were right we still have problems with wifi driver, that is our major problem for now. I hope that Biz will find good driver and recompile it soon.

I try both. Today i have try to compile the driver module from cm9 sources and with archos gen8 stock kernel.
Compilation success but the driver doesn't want to be insert. I have warning during compilation and this failed the insertion.

Can you say me which security you use to connect you to your wifi?
I think that there is an issue with wpa1/2 security.
Because when i am at work i have no pb, it's a free hotspot wifi without any security just a login.

Bizcuite

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

groovey2k

Dec 4, 2010
Hi Biz,
congrats to your excellent your CM9 Build. It's pretty fast. However I have a A70S like Mavasilisk and also have the same problems. I can make the tablet crash and reboot with Angry Birds Space with WIFI enabled. However if I disable Wifi and reboot so that the systems boots with WIFI off I can play the game. After another reboot with WIFI enabled the game crashes again.
I have a completely fresh system with nes data_ICS and I'm on WPA WLAN encryption.

Reactions: bizcuite

bizcuite

Aug 11, 2010
Corbeil-Essonnes
Hi Biz,
congrats to your excellent your CM9 Build. It's pretty fast. However I have a A70S like Mavasilisk and also have the same problems. I can make the tablet crash and reboot with Angry Birds Space with WIFI enabled. However if I disable Wifi and reboot so that the systems boots with WIFI off I can play the game. After another reboot with WIFI enabled the game crashes again.
I have a completely fresh system with nes data_ICS and I'm on WPA WLAN encryption.

TO ALL WHO USES BETA 2.0 (only 2.0 a 2.1 will be upload this evening), PLEASE CHANGE THOSE VALUES:

in /init.rc:
Code:
write /proc/cpu/alignment 1
The original value is 4
And in /system/build.prop:
search "vm.heapsize" and set the value to 192m

Crashes/Kernel Panic must be a REAL old story.

Bizcuite

bizcuite

Aug 11, 2010
Corbeil-Essonnes
TO ALL WHO USES BETA 2.0 (only 2.0 a 2.1 will be upload this evening), PLEASE CHANGE THOSE VALUES:

in /init.rc:
Code:
write /proc/cpu/alignment 1
The original value is 4
And in /system/build.prop:
search "vm.heapsize" and set the value to 192m

Crashes/Kernel Panic must be a REAL old story.

Bizcuite

This post was a wrong way

Jut edit init.rc and change the value of this line: write /proc/sys/kernel/panic_on_oops 0
Set the value to 0.

The will be really stable!!!

Bizcuite

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app

rabbitkiller

May 17, 2008
Ok, Good tutorial this rom rocks.

FYO, after upgrade my swap to 1G and my cpu to 1200... Chrome style unusable. I Think our poor gen8 is style weak to it...

Regards,
Rabbit

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Gen8 CYANOBIZ Support thread!​

ATTENTION: This build is stil in early Beta stage! Bizcuite is not responsible of bricked tabs, world war or some kind of alien invasion!

What is this thread for?
    This thread is made to help people run CYANOBIZ Unofficial CM9 on their tabs, report bugs related to this ROM and share tips and tweaks.

Before adding your problem(s):
    Make sure you are running the latest release of CYANOBIZ !
    Make sure your problems is not already listen in the OP (aka this post) !

Bug/Problem list:
    Bluetooth can work only by command in Terminal Emulator. Not fixed yet.
    Camera. Preview only (can not take pictures for now). Not fixed yet.
    Battery stats (% works but no notification of charge). Not fixed yet.
    Each problem reported by user will be posted here after its accepted. Remember to use the latest build before reporting.​

How to install CM9 step by step:
    You have to install SDE before you attempt to install CM9. Follow the guide in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=930197

From now on you have to download the files only from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1941377
    Step 1: Download and decompress (unzip) CM9 image file. Rename it to "openaos-cm.img".
    always remember to download the file made for your device. Each device has different specification like screen size, RAM, etc.
    Step 2: Download zImage.zip (its usually named with the date of the build like "zimage041013.zip") and rename it to "zImage". Do NOT decompress it!
    Step 3: Download "initramfs.cpio.gz".
    Step 4: Download "data.img.tar.gz", decompress it and choose the size that fits to your needs. (This file will be used to install apps. If you usually install low amount of apps you can use 256MB. Recommended size: 512 MB.. After you decompress it, rename it to "data_ICS.img" and copy it to the root of your internal storage.
    Step 5: Copy the decompressed CM9 system file (openaos-cm.img) to the root of your internal storage.
    Step 6: Create a new text file. Insert this line: ICS||/openaos-cm.img|/init|0Archos|ARCHOS|ARCHOS|/init and save it. Rename the text file to "menu.lst" and copy it to the internal storage. (If it doesnt work open "menu.lst" with Notepad++ and add one additional line below by pressing enter)
    Step 7: Installing the kernel and initramfs.cpio.gz:
    Reboot your tab into recovery. Select Recovery System => Developer Edition Menu => Flash Kernel and Initramfs. Connect your tab to your PC via USB and copy the files from steps 2 and 3. (Its recommended to copy the files one by one)

You are done! :good:

Currently the kernel is not supported by other ROMs (except stock firmware with stock kernel).

How to add swap file

swapoff -a
    rm /swapfile
    rm /system/etc/fstab
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=1024 count=50000
    mkswap /swapfile
    touch /system/etc/fstab
    echo "/swapfile none swap sw 0 0" >> /system/etc/fstab
    swapon -a /swapfile

This activates a swap file of 50MB in the root of your system image file (CYANOBIZ_xxx.img also knows as openaos-cm.img
    Do NOT increase the size over 50MB because the system will become full and it will result in a bootloop!

How to activate swap in internal SD card (storage). This way you can put highter value like 128MB/256MB/512MB/etc.

swapoff -a
    rm /mnt/storage/swapfile
    rm /system/etc/fstab
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/storage/swapfile bs=1024 count=128000
    mkswap /mnt/storage/swapfile
    touch /system/etc/fstab
    echo "/mnt/storage/swapfile none swap sw 0 0" >> /system/etc/fstab
    swapon -a /mnt/storage/swapfile

If you want to see if it's working type "cat /proc/swaps"
    You should see this:

cat /proc/swaps
    Filename Type Size Used Priority
    /mnt/storage/swapfile file 127972 0 -1

You swapfile is done!

Notice: Sometimes a logcat worths more then a hundred words.
    If you like the ROM and you'd like to support it feel free to donate to Bizcuite. This way you can tell him a huge "Thank You" and support his job.
    Your browser is crashing with Flash player because of the lack of HW acceleration. Actually, why are u using it? Put the user-agent to mobile and use MX video player to watch your videos. Its way better cuz you can watch it in HD in full screen without any lag.

It lakes 60mb of ram because compcache is deactivated.

I have crash of chrome with 512mb and no crash with chrome and google maps (the webpage), i have added a swapfile of 175mb into my image to test for the next release.

TLS register is activated too with my new rom. I have found a hack to activated it in the kernel :) it's a great news.
    The next kernel and rom will be not compatible with others versions of my previous release (tls register crash all others systems without this option activated during the compilation.

New release tomorrow!

Bizcuite

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
    CYANOBIZ Unofficial CM9 Tips & Tweaks
    These tweaks come with no warranty! There is a change of bootloop if you edit the wrong value.

Open your root File Explorer (most people use RootExplorer) then go to /system and add these lines to your Build.prop file:

# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
    #
    keyguard.no_require_sim=true
    ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy
    wifi.interface=tiwlan0
    net.dns1=8.8.8.8
    net.dns2=8.8.4.4
    qemu.hw.mainkeys=1
    wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=120
    persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage,adb
    ro.telephony.default_network=0
    # dalvik props
    persist.adb.notify=0
    dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=25m
    dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=128m
    dalvik.vm.heapsize=160m
    #dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
    #dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=5m
    #dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=48m
    #dalvik.vm.heapsize=196m
    dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags m=y,o=v,u=y
    ro.fb.mode=1
    ro.sf.compbypass.enable=0
    # persist.sys.shutdown.mode=hibernate
    ro.config.hw_quickpoweron=true
    mot.proximity.delay=25
    ro.mot.buttonlight.timeout=0
    ro.max.fling_velocity=12000
    ro.min.fling_velocity=8000
    ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1
    debug.sf.hw=1
    debug.composition.type=gpu
    debug.composition.type=c2d
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=240
    ro.ui.fullscreen=false
    debug.performance.tuning=1
    debug.qctwa.preservebuf=1
    dev.pm.dyn_samplingrate=1
    video.accelerate.hw=1
    ro.vold.umsdirtyratio=20
    debug.overlayui.enable=1
    debug.egl.hw=1
    hw3d.force=1
    persist.sys.composition.type=c2d
    persist.sys.ui.hw=0
    #ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0
    dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
    ro.carrier=wifi-only
    #crash tab don't enable it
    #debug.enabletr=true
    hi can u correct a43it ts problem on 2.6 and 2.7 pl,without this any program and game run on widescreen useless.i search for 2.4 fot this but only find 2.5 up and now use 2.7.and charging tablet with usb didnt work,same as conect to pc wth usb and transfer files,for BT when inter: hci... in terminal say cant open hci port and not permited ,with camera cant take pic or film,and video player with other players too(mx,...)is so slow

I work on your screen i have forgotten to work on it for the last version.

For bt it works for me when i enter: hciconfig hci0 up
    The sw decoding works well. Use it!! :)

I can play easily bigbugsbunny video in 720p without any pb

Wait the v2.8. With a new kernel and i hope a good touchscreen

The charge of the battery is not visible but effective for me!

Bizcuite

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
    Your browser is crashing with Flash player because of the lack of HW acceleration. Actually, why are u using it? Put the user-agent to mobile and use MX video player to watch your videos. Its way better cuz you can watch it in HD in full screen without any lag.