Search This thread

GadgetCheck

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2010
Bangalore
checkrom.com
SOCIAL CODING & CONTRIBUTION
TIMELINE THREAD​

The distance between the cards should be an addition of the spacing in the list view, and margins in the card view, there is not really any magic to it

This is a screen shot of my app (funny enough created before new Google Play app)
galaxy_nexus_summary.png

Its created with a custom adapter and a quite normal xml file for each list item.

Can you provide the xml for the card view?
GadgetCheck, is there any way to check out your adapter & xml code
I'm sure we can work something out by mixing both the cardsui lib and your project to make it look like your adapter while keeping the cardsui functionnalities.
(Your custom one looks really good, pretty much similar to google play, nice job)

If you could please upload it on github it would be great.

I forked the CardsUI library and added the Google Play cards, based on the card layout GadgetCheck created :D

rsz_cards-framed.png
rsz_cards-swipe-framed.png

Usage

The Google Play cards come with more customization parameters than the other regular cards, those parameters include :
  • Title (String)
  • Description (String)
  • Stripe color (String)
  • Title Color (String)
  • Enable an overflow menu on the card. It's not finished yet, I still need to implement the popup menu when clicked (Boolean)
  • Enable touch feedback on click or disable it (Boolean)

It's called like this :
Code:
mCardView.addCard(new MyPlayCard(String titlePlay, String description, String color,
			String titleColor, Boolean hasOverflow, Boolean isClickable);
Example :
Code:
mCardView.addCard(new MyPlayCard(
						"Different Colors for Title & Stripe",
						"You can set any color for the title and any other color for the left stripe",
						"#f2a400", "#9d36d0", true, false));

Contribute

The modified version of CardsUI is available on my github : http://github.com/Adroguide/cardsui-for-android

You can test it right away by downloading the example apk : http://pimpmyrom.org/downloads/CardsUIExample.apk

I am going to polish it and possibly add new parameters before sending a pull request to try & get it merged in the original CardsUI by Nadav Fima, so if you have ideas or requests let me know.

rsz_cards-overflow-framed.png

Ok guys, I was thinking of the best way to showcase the library in an example app, and I came up with this cards generator.
Currently it allows to create regular cards as well as play cards and to set all the parameters through a nice animated gui.

I added an example of a card that triggers a contextual action bar when swiped (the purple stripe one), but I'll add a "cancelable swipe"checkbox to the cards creator soon.

The next step is to make it generate a zip containing all the code & resources needed for the generated cards.:cool:

This really is just a draft, there's still quite a few things I've not implemented yet :
  • Google Now Image Cards
  • Menu overflow & touch feedback toggle for Google now cards
  • Stack Title
But anyway I thought I'd share the progress.
Let me know what you guys think(apk attached to this post)

I've added a few things to the library too :
  • ability to set the description of google now cards programmatically
  • ability to set the stack title's color programmatically
  • the Google Play cards can now hold as much text as you want, it won't be ellipsized and the card's height & stripe's height will be adjusted to fit.
Pushing the commit in a few minutes.

Screenshots :

cardsgen1.png
cardsgen2.png
cardsgen3.png
cardsgen4.png
cardsgen5.png
cardsgen6.png

EDIT : commit pushed : https://github.com/Androguide/cardsui-for-android/commit/3caad5c3fa50d07654af8c5505ce64b4df6b6a0f

Previously:: A Thread that Started as a Question by Me

Code:
[B][SIZE="2"]The Question is pretty straight forward as you can see from the image attached below.[/SIZE][/B] :cowboy:

[url=http://postimg.org/image/4a7n0lgbt/][img]http://s12.postimg.org/4a7n0lgbt/2013_04_10_16_35_58_1.jpg[/img][/url]

[B][SIZE="2"]How do you think we can achieve a list view like the new play store, i really like it and it will be enhance the interface of my new app. 
Can any one help me out?[/SIZE][/B]

[I]To me this seems like the Cards like list view used in GoogleNow, i would like to make it clickable as well and use it to output to a Fragment or Activity.[/I]

[B][SIZE="6"]EDIT::
[/SIZE][/B]
Thanks to the Advice from the Community!

[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"][LEFT][B][U]Without CardsUI Library:[/U][/B][/LEFT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/12/byte5ave.jpg[/IMG]

[LEFT][COLOR="red"][SIZE="6"][B][U]With CardsUI Library:[/U][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[IMG]http://s23.postimg.org/eswx7kwjf/2013_04_12_21_17_47_1.png[/IMG]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4303594

You can create your own Adapter extending ArrayAdapter.
Then you create custom view for a single item in list that looks like that.

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using Tapatalk 2

blakstar

Jan 23, 2013
Tyre
PLZ Reply

The Question is pretty straight forward as you can see from the image attached below. :cowboy:

How do you think we can achieve a list view like the new play store, i really like it and it will be enhance the interface of my new app.
Can any one help me out?

To me this seems like the Cards like list view used in GoogleNow, i would like to make it clickable as well and use it to output to a Fragment or Activity.

Can you plz tell me how did you get version 4.0 of google play ?

Androguide.fr

Account currently disabled
Jul 21, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Last edited:

GadgetCheck

Sep 18, 2010
Bangalore
checkrom.com
You can create your own Adapter extending ArrayAdapter.
Then you create custom view for a single item in list that looks like that.

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using Tapatalk 2

I thought so!
Though i was looking for something easier and faster, Kind of a speed deamon.

+1 for the CardsUI library by Nadav Fima, and yes they can stack-up too, and be swiped-out like on Google Now.
Here are some screenshots from my app using this library

Stacked-up cards :
sc5.png

Not stacked-up, swiping the second card :
sc3.png

I really recommend this library, it's neat and very easy to implement.

Thanks will definitely try it out.

Thanks for the awesome response, taking ur advice let me pimp up my app.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Androguide.fr

ramdroid77

May 7, 2009
Yeah, it shouldn't be too hard. I've made a list view similar to this. Probably around the same size, just not as comely as Google. Like pedja1 said, you can creature your own custom array by setting the layout in XML and then using an ArrayAdapter

Agreed. If you want a "speed daemon" you shouldn't use the cards ui library as it doesn't cache properly, and therefore will slow down quickly. It shouldn't be too hard to create your own adapter/layout to 'emulate' the cards look. It's common practice to do such things, so this is really where you should be looking into!

GadgetCheck

Sep 18, 2010
Bangalore
checkrom.com
aaaa

Took Androguide.fr Advice!

Found a couple of minutes of spare time today so did this in like 2-minutes

As always question in the image any more advice!
Library aint that well documented, so i am not sure if there is a internal way of reducing the width built into the library.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeoMar75

GadgetCheck

Sep 18, 2010
Bangalore
checkrom.com
Agreed. If you want a "speed daemon" you shouldn't use the cards ui library as it doesn't cache properly, and therefore will slow down quickly. It shouldn't be too hard to create your own adapter/layout to 'emulate' the cards look. It's common practice to do such things, so this is really where you should be looking into!

I dint know about this library, but the developer has put in a lot of work to it.
Lets see if we can contribute something to complement his work.

I loved the swiping animation on it too :D

Mazy

Jun 25, 2008
Took Androguide.fr Advice!

Found a couple of minutes of spare time today so did this in like 2-minutes

As always question in the image any more advice!
Library aint that well documented, so i am not sure if there is a internal way of reducing the width built into the library.

The distance between the cards should be an addition of the spacing in the list view, and margins in the card view, there is not really any magic to it

This is a screen shot of my app (funny enough created before new Google Play app)
galaxy-nexus-summary.png

Its created with a custom adapter and a quite normal xml file for each list item.

Last edited:

GadgetCheck

Sep 18, 2010
Bangalore
checkrom.com

galaxy-nexus-summary.png

This is exactly what i wanted, will add the code asap i reach home

RED_

Jan 5, 2011
London
So are you guys all using the Card UI library to get this? Sorry just haven't got a lot of time to go through every post.

I really like the idea of sticking with the Holo design when building apps and I must say the screenshots on here look fantastic.

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
So are you guys all using the Card UI library to get this? Sorry just haven't got a lot of time to go through every post.

I really like the idea of sticking with the Holo design when building apps and I must say the screenshots on here look fantastic.

Yup, all from the lib

Sent from my GALAXY NEXUS using Tapatalk 4 (VIP)

Top Liked Posts