[APP][FREE] Keep Screen ON in a smart way

Search This thread

leonardoaraujo

Feb 17, 2009
Belo Horizonte
its free app, now it's just like a link to be forced to buy the pro? has nothing more to configure? where's the panel?

what do you do here at xda? promote a paid app? I disagree with this policy ...

with tasker I did everything to make your app says ....

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
its free app, now it's just like a link to be forced to buy the pro? has nothing more to configure? where's the panel?

what do you do here at xda? promote a paid app? I disagree with this policy ...

with tasker I did everything to make your app says ....

Well, tasker is a paid app, costs three time this pro version, and in order to configure it you need some experience.
The free app has a lot of feature already. You also have to consider developers live of their apps. This is my only job and I think if one needs some more features and would like to support the work could buy the low priced pro version. Piracy is also high, so the few money I get are from people who trust in my work like the awesome guys on XDA.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 con Tapatalk 2

leonardoaraujo

Feb 17, 2009
Belo Horizonte
Well, tasker is a paid app, costs three time this pro version, and in order to configure it you need some experience.
The free app has a lot of feature already. You also have to consider developers live of their apps. This is my only job and I think if one needs some more features and would like to support the work could buy the low priced pro version. Piracy is also high, so the few money I get are from people who trust in my work like the awesome guys on XDA.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 con Tapatalk 2

I understand dude, sorry for getting mad at this, but in my opinion, you're using xda to promote your app, without even giving us a chance to know your app, that to me is promotion .... and do not think it should be in the area Android Development and Hacking, perhaps xda should make a "sale of apps" ..

kobik77

Jan 3, 2011
I'd like an option to disable keep screen on while the proximity sensor is covered. e.g. in the pocket.
Hate to see that my screen was on the whole time it was in the pocket.

kobik77

Jan 3, 2011
How have I missed that?! :eek:
Great!
BTW, it's working great also without using the notification icon.

tramp20

Jan 15, 2012
Rosenheim
Apps & Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobik77 View Post
I'd like an option to disable keep screen on while the proximity sensor is covered. e.g. in the pocket.
Hate to see that my screen was on the whole time it was in the pocket.

This feature is available in pro version :)

I had this problem too two times and I have the pro version and the checkbox "disable when near..." is checked

I can test this at home many times and all is ok, but if I am on a MTB tour then of course this happens and I notice it after two hours :(

Last edited:

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
That's weird, I've never experienced such issue. For me it always worked good when in pockets.

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2

kobik77

Jan 3, 2011
I'd like to suggest adding two more timeouts:
Safety timeout: timeout for precaution which would turn off the screen upon expiration when no motion was sensed during its period (Timeout in a scale of tenth of minutes, preferably user defined)
I had another one in mind, but I just can't recall what it was for right now :eek:

Publiuss

Jun 29, 2012
Hi

In test all is ok.

But when using often the screen remains on also when on the table, and the icon remains green; it happens especially when manually switching on the screen; i must almost shake the device to make the app react correctly...
I see if i go to testing, the slider reports an incorrect orientation (also in switching off zone however), that is foxed on device tilting and applied only on save and restart.

EDIT: perhaps it has conflicts with Cshaker, an app that activates action on device shaking?

Last edited:

Tipkaros

Aug 25, 2009
Hey it seemed that this app caused a memory leak on my Nexus 7, even rebooting the device changed nothing, but upon uninstalling the app everything returned to normal. I am not 100% sure that it was this app, it could have theoretically been one other, but I'm 95% sure that it was this one.

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
Hi

In test all is ok.

But when using often the screen remains on also when on the table, and the icon remains green; it happens especially when manually switching on the screen; i must almost shake the device to make the app react correctly...
I see if i go to testing, the slider reports an incorrect orientation (also in switching off zone however), that is foxed on device tilting and applied only on save and restart.

EDIT: perhaps it has conflicts with Cshaker, an app that activates action on device shaking?

What's your range?

Hey it seemed that this app caused a memory leak on my Nexus 7, even rebooting the device changed nothing, but upon uninstalling the app everything returned to normal. I am not 100% sure that it was this app, it could have theoretically been one other, but I'm 95% sure that it was this one.

Well, I'm running the app on my Nexus 7 and I haven't noticed any memory leak. I will investigate more.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tnt4i8X0c0aXYoQXwABAnJ1GWN1l8dPjIffcLVUKNHQTwpbZ6sSdmyCgbw9tlrdZAQ=w705

After the success of Smart Screen OFF and Smart Screen ON... Here is Keep Screen ON!

Keep Screen ON is an innovative free app that allow you to keep your smartphone screen ON in a smart way. This app will help you saving battery keeping the screen on only when you are holding it. This works thanks to orientation sensor built in your device (smartphone or tablet).

HOW DOES IT WORK?
    When you are using your device, you hold it in a specific position. Keep Screen ON let you select the range of activation of the screen brightness based on the device inclination (more smart ways are coming soon).

WHY DOES IT SHOULD IMPROVE BATTERY LIFE?
    You know for sure that screen brightness is the most important factor in battery life and you will find it always at the top of the most consuming factors in Android statistics. Keep Screen ON as name implies, keeps brightness enabled only when you are holding it: as soon as you left it on the table, the screen will turn off.

SO WHAT?
    Download the app and extend your battery life!

FUTURE
    This is first version and powerful improvements are coming soon.
    +Battery tab
    +Screen settings
    +Brightness settings

I WOULD LIKE TO SUGGEST
    I'm always open to users suggestions, simply contact me using the forum.

KEEP SCREEN ON PRO
    Very nice app, been looking for something like this for a while now.
    I have one problem with it, when my phone is in its cradle it falls within the setting range and the screen times never times out.

It would be great if in the future there could a setting to disable the app when connected to an external pwr source and/or an option to let the screen time out after a specific time without any movement.

Yes, that's a good idea. Disable during charge will be implemented in one of next releases.
    I'll also implement a new way to react to movements in the space. :good:
    Great idea, disable app when no motion is detected after X time. I'll implement this for sure.

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2
    Alright, I don't usually have a problem with promoting apps through xda if they are original and useful, but this one is a rather blatant copy of screebl, which has been on the market for years.
    Also, it has tasker integration as both trigger as well as target.
    I'm rather surprised you managed the front page with this.
    Besides, all those features being requested here are already available in screebl.

So what, there are also dozens of screen capture apps and nobody is complaining about that.
    Let give users a choice. Screebl isn't working for me on Android 4.2.x, tried many times it just keeps disabling itself, this app works perfect for me. So I'm happy with having a for me working alternative.

Please continue development.
    IMPORTANT NEWS

If you have downloaded the app before and it was not working, download the new update. It will be live soon on Play Store. There are good chances that the app will work now. Also make sure you uninstall previous version, reboot and install new version. Even for Nexus 4 users.