[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.1 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

Search This thread

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
@mskip

first of all great work, without your work MS3 falls short of its promise, but now my phone can truly be all it can.

A few questions:
1. Do you have "widgets guide" a document that has a picture and name of each widget?
( i think that would be helpful; it can be frustrating to keep trying different clocks until you find one you like and accidentally trying the same one several time , obviously your busy, i thought this is something you may already have laying around)

2. I installed your current VGA "pro plus" (i think) on to my TP and all it did was give me the widgets. From reading the description i was expecting the 7 lifestyle pages and all of those things. Not sure if i did something wrong/something happened. Any thoughts?

Anyway looking forward to the VGA Ultimate pack, again great work!
1. I havent got a guide as such but I will make a pdf with all the current widgets and the widget name after pro plus vga has been released.

2. Sounds like you installed the basic version of pro plus. The tweaks and changes are all on the Extras version. If you installed Extras and you didnt get any of the extra carousel screens or the transparent menu bar (or anything else listed) then thats very confusing.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
@ all:

<Plugin Class="Spb.LSP.MenuBar" Name="Btn1" ID="2">
<String Name="Backgrd" Value="MenuBackgrd"/>
<Int Name="GlobalIcon" Value="217"/>
<String Name="Text" Value=""/>
<String Name="Open" Value=":FAVORITES"/>
</Plugin>

This is where you set what should happen when you press a button. I want to change it to open the "My Shortcuts" menu, but i dont know the right value for the open string. Does anyone know?
You cant put that in the menu bar as it stands you can only really put the screens from the carousel on the bottom unless you use the clip tweak or install pro plus ultimate.

You can put a link to "My Shortcuts" on the main screen. If you have a QVGA device and install pro plus ultimate then you can place that link at the bottom as a menu button on any screen you want.

Last edited:

-Vulture-

Aug 24, 2008
Munich
You cant put that in the menu bar as it stands you can only really put the screens from the carousel on the bottom unless you use the clip tweak or install pro plus ultimate.

You can put a link to "My Shortcuts" on the main screen. If you have a QVGA device and install pro plus ultimate then you can place that link at the bottom as a menu button on any screen you want.

Ah ok, thanks for the info. I already know this other way (no buttons at the bottom, so i can place the links i want as widgets). But has the problem with the lag when tapping on of the 5 shortcuts been solved? Those shortcuts are working flawlessly out of the explorer, but not as a widget...

lewdog444

Jun 2, 2009
mskip's new widgetproplusultimate

so i guess i'm the only one who doesn't know how to add widgets on the lifestyle layout now that there's no bottom bar? any help please?! :confused:

mikkelib

Apr 1, 2009
spd mobile shell and music

Hi ,
I'm quite impressed by the spd shell, however there is one thing that irritates me too much:
When I turn on some music , I want to turn off the screen, so that I won't make any accidental unwanted calls while it's in my pocket.... BUT when I turn off the screen with spd shell, it also turns off the music!
What to do?

Mikkel

Mattster_spv

May 14, 2008
so i guess i'm the only one who doesn't know how to add widgets on the lifestyle layout now that there's no bottom bar? any help please?! :confused:

I think you should find that there is still a button in the bottom right corner of your screen which when tapped will bring up the edit layout buttons. It's only the three shortcuts in the centre that have been removed in the ultimate version...

Mattster.

-Vulture-

Aug 24, 2008
Munich

Well then...maybe you can tell me whats the value for the comm manager? Since i dont use spb contacts i dont need that button.

Nicaragüense

Oct 21, 2008
in the configure settings on the emulator you should be able to rotate the device to test landscape. if that doesnt work perhaps you can use one of the app launch buttons to switch to landscape. it works for me.

Last edited:

xdatyw

Feb 9, 2009
QVGA (320x240) Menu Bar Question

Is there any way to move the menu bar from the side of the screen to the bottom? I have a HTC device (HP iPaq 910) with a 320x240 landscape screen and would really like to change the placement of the menu bar down to the bottom.

Thanks and many thanks to MKskip for his hard work!:)

Revhead

May 3, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S8+
You're the man.
Thanks for all your hard work.
I just upgraded to the QVGA/WQVGA version of MS301 WidgetsProPlusUltimate_CustomBackGround_QVGA_062309.cab after doing a reinstall (Spb 3.0.1 Build 6501 on a Samsung Omnia i900)
I have two minor problems.
1. In landscape mode the background art doesn't cover the full screen leaving a gap between it and the start of taskbar at the right side.
2. I am getting what looks like a another set of icons overlaying the ones already have on the bottom task bar of the professional screen when I return from carousel. I have launcher, taskmanager and favourites at the bottom and am getting a home icon on the left and another favourites icon on the right - both slightly offset from the ones underneath. Returning to the carousel and back again usually gets rid of them but only temporarily.
I wonder whether you can shed any light on either problem?
Thanks, Rev

Can no one help me?

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Ah ok, thanks for the info. I already know this other way (no buttons at the bottom, so i can place the links i want as widgets). But has the problem with the lag when tapping on of the 5 shortcuts been solved? Those shortcuts are working flawlessly out of the explorer, but not as a widget...
Theres no lag at all now the original 5 shortcuts in the ultimate version have been replaced with a new folder in spb menu called spb menus which has 10 spb links with the spb icons. Easy to add as menu buttons or screen buttons and the open straight away.

Well then...maybe you can tell me whats the value for the comm manager? Since i dont use spb contacts i dont need that button.
Do you mean the comm manager from windows mobile?

Last edited:

-Vulture-

Aug 24, 2008
Munich
Theres no lag at all now the original 5 shortcuts in the ultimate version have been replaced with a new folder in spb menu called spb menus which has 10 spb links with the spb icons. Easy to add as menu buttons or screen buttons and the open straight away.

Do you mean the comm manager from windows mobile?

Oh, great news! So i have to install the new version to get the new links, nice!

And no, i mean the comm manager of mobile shell...the plugin you can add. But when theres no lag anymore with the links, you can forget my question.

Thanks! Your support is just gorgeous!

Last edited:

dustinb17

Nov 6, 2007
Idaho
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Hey mskip, I love the Invisible links being in all your builds. Any chance you can add the "Application Small" option that JGJackson offers as well. Kind of a nice feature to make the program links a little smaller.

alex_mac

Dec 20, 2008
If anyone else can verify this I will have a look at it as soon as I can im a bit busy with VGA at the moment.

msskip.

I also have the omnia and am using MS301 WidgetsProPlusUltimate_CustomBackGround_QVGA_062309 and I see both the problems described by Revhead. The gap on the professional page is very small... maybe a millimetre and a bit, but doesn't bother me. I am able to get rid of the overlaid icons when they occur by swipping to the lifestyle screen and when I go back to professional screen the overlaid icons are gone untill i make the error occur again.

Hope this helps.

Alex.

janharoun

Oct 26, 2007
Hi everyone ..
i've been working for about a month on editing MS III for VGA devices ..
i have done about 95% ..
it will includes :

@ mikibest ChangeSkin with
- more than 100 new background most of them in VGA resolution ( not upscaled ) .
- new options to change battery , Profile and small clock styles All pure VGA .
- more than 15 new VGA menu icons , 6 new VGA status icons , 1 new VGA tab icons ,6 new VGA battery icons , 10 new VGA icons small clock , and 4 new VGA profile icons .. ( i've create some of them got the others from the amazing themes at mobilecustom.fr - BIG THANKS FOR YOU GUYS -
@ the latest widgets from Mskip for VGA devices been imported perfectly into mikibest layout file - BIG THANKS FOR YOU TOO MSKIP -
@ more than 500 fine art pics resized to fit perfectly your VGA lifstyle screen .
@ the button tab will be transparent for only lifestyle page ..

so, i need 2 things from you people to help me ..
first if you have any VGA materials just send it to me to put in in my project anything like clocks , digital clocks , status icons , profile icons ....
second i need to know what is the easiest way to create the black and white mask images when i have the colored one finished ( i'm using photoshop but if you are using other prog tell me too )
screenshots to come soon ..
final work to be release at
ce4arab.com/vb7/index.php
ce4arab.com/vb7/index.php-en
Thanks All :)

Here comes the screenshots ..
hope you like it .. i'm now adding some new backgrounds ... hope i can release it soon .. and please try to help me by sending me any vga materials you have and try to answer my question above ...

Attachments

• Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 124
  • Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 209
  • Untitled-TrueColor-04.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-04.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 187

ElAguila

Mar 12, 2007
San Antonio
What 3 buttons are installed at the bottom with the proplus ultimate widgets? I just installed the proplus widgets on my brother in law's htc touch. He loves the way his phone looks now. I want to thank you again for all of your effort and hard work. On payday I will definitely buy you a drink. Anyone else that uses this should do so as well. GREAT JOB!!!

nahid569

May 30, 2009
cheapestvoipcalls.net
Here comes the screenshots ..
hope you like it .. i'm now adding some new backgrounds ... hope i can release it soon .. and please try to help me by sending me any vga materials you have and try to answer my question above ...

the funny thing is you just took a couple of high end projects from very good SPB programmers and put it all together, and now are calling it your own.

ridiculous

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry I know this post is old, but does anyone still have this full screen weather widget? I can't find the download link anywhere :(
    Try looking through the themes in post#6 of this thread. Im not sure whether its in there but its your best shot.

Mark.