[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.1 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

1,069 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By Zepiii, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st April 2009, 04:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th June 2009, 10:19 PM |#3061  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
dwnloading vga ultimate right now, will test on a dia100 / bsb6.5M / 1.15 radio / 1.40 hspl and report.

26th June 2009, 10:40 PM |#3062  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,154

Donate to Me
More
WIDGETS PRO PLUS 'BASIC' AND 'ULTIMATE' FOR SPB MOBILE SHELL 3.01 FINAL (VGA AND WVGA ONLY) 26TH JUNE 2009.

Fully updated to work with Spb Mobile Shell 3.0.1 Final Version.

NOTE: BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE CAB, BACKUP QA_LAYOUTS.DAT FROM PROGRAM FILES\SPB MOBILE SHELL ON YOUR PHONE TO YOUR STORAGE CARD IN CASE YOU WANT TO UNINSTALL THE CAB, THEN YOU CAN COPY THE FILE BACK TO MOBILE SHELL AFTERWARDS AND GO BACK TO YOUR ORIGINAL LAYOUT AND NO EXTRAS.

MS301 Widgets Pro Plus Basic 062609
Contains 62 NEW widgets and Mods (no extras included in this version).

MS301 Widgets Pro Plus ULTIMATE 062609
Contains all the widgets as in the MS301 Widgets Pro Plus Basic cab:
PLUS 7 Lifestyle screens instead of the standard 3
PLUS
a Task Manager is added to the Carousel Screen (see picture)
PLUS a Wireless Manager is added to the Carousel Screen (see picture)
PLUS 2 buttons on the Weather, Task Manager, Wireless Manager and Change Backlight Screens (Lifestyle Home Screen and Contacts Screen, see picture)
PLUS a 3 button menubar on the Pro Screen on Portrait and Landscape Modes (Launcher, Task Manager, Favorites)
PLUS an extra favourites (contacts) screen (click on contacts and then swipe your finger on the screen to the left to bring up the extra screen), this screen is fully customizable and you can swipe on and off the second favourites screen.
PLUS The bottom Menu Bar has been stripped of the 3 middle buttons and made useable for anything at all to be placed there (make it small size if you want it to go close to the bottom of the screen)
PLUS I added a 9th panel in the Spb Menu Screen called "Spb Menus" which contains 10 Spb Mobile Shell shortcuts that can be selected as application links to be placed on the screen if desired

ChangeLog

26th June:
+ Changed the class of all the widget buttons to get rid of the scroll lag caused when more than 2 buttons was placed on a screen
+ Added 20 COLOURED Widget buttons and calendar backgrounds
+ Added a Manilla style Weather Widget (thanks to ndk2k4)
+ Added small and large Digital Clock digits only without any frame (look nice on their own or placed ontop of a backing panel)
+ deleted the 3 buttons on the Menu Bar and made the bottom area useable with the rest of the screen (full control in landcape and portrait modes)
+ added a new folder in Spb Menu and made 10 Spb Mobile Shell shortcuts
which can be added to the screen as application widgets
+ cleaned everything up and hopefully made it smoother and more stable

+ remade the Analogue Large CLock to center it on the screen and make it more solid
+ remade the weather info widget from scratch so the text appears alot clearer and sharper (if you place it at the top of the screen you will get a horizontal line appear at the bottom so I would advise placing it near the bottom)
+ added 2 new Diamond style digital clocks
+ added application link (small) so you can fit 6 widgets across the screen
+ added a large vertical battery indicator

To use the Invisible Link Widget: Select Invisible Link (medium or small) from the widgets list, then select the program you wish it to be associated with. You can then place it over an existing widget or on any part of the screen so that when you click on that area the link will run. Its totally invisible but the size must NOT be changed or the link will become visible.

To add
Spb Menus to the screen on Ultimate version: Select Menu (bottom right button) and Add Widget. Select Application from the Shortcuts section then click on the Spb Menus Folder and select one of the available shortcuts you want to place on the screen. If you want to place it at the bottom as a Menu Button then select it from the screen and make it small then move it to the bottom.

PLEASE NOTE:
TO AVOID PROBLEMS SUCH AS THE WIDGETS OR NOTIFICATIONS NOT SHOWING PLEASE ONLY INSTALL THIS ON A CLEAN VERSION OF MOBILE SHELL!!

I hope you enjoy this as I have spent many many days and nights getting everything to work. If you download and use Widgets Pro Plus please give your feedback and if all my hard work makes your device a more pleasureable experience to use then buy me a drink (the link is in my sig)

Download Links (xda isnt letting me upload to here sorry):
* MS301 WidgetsProPlus Basic_VGA_062609
* MS301 WidgetsProPlus ULTIMATE_VGA_062609

26th June 2009, 10:41 PM |#3063  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
WIDGETS PRO PLUS ULTIMATE WITH CUSTOM BACKGROUND (VGA AND WVGA ONLY) 062609

This is exactly the same version as Pro Plus Ultimate 062609 but with a custom background on all screen except lifestyle. This can then be easily changed to another background by changing the qa_fundotela.dat file with your own custom made one or one of the files I have supplied. Just rename the background you want to use to qa_fundotela.dat and copy it to your Spb Mobile Shell folder on your phone, then soft reset. I included a black one as well as a couple of colourful backgrounds (pictures attached).

Note: After you rename the background file and copy it to your phone dont forget to rename it back so you know which one it is or you will get lost .

Do the following to make your own custom background dat file.
1. Rename any of the custom backgrounds in the zip file to qa_fundotela.zip
2. Unzip to a folder using the password: b0fm18zq
3. Make 2 backgrounds to use for portrait (480x800 saved as Background.bmp) and landscape (800x480 saved as BackgroundL.bmp)
4. Move the 2 new background files into the folder you made in step2 (overwriting the originals)
5. Zip the 3 files back up with password protection (using password: b0fm18zq)
6. Rename the new file to qa_fundotela.dat and copy to your Spb Mobile Shell folder on your phone (overwriting the original)
7. Soft Reset your phone

Download Links (xda isnt letting me upload to here sorry):
* MS301 WidgetsProPlusUltimate_VGA CustomBackGround_062609
* Custom Backgrounds (zip file with 4 backgrounds and instructions on how to use them)

Enjoy and please give your feedback and if all my hard work makes your device a more pleasureable experience to use then buy me a drink (the link is in my sig)
26th June 2009, 10:47 PM |#3064  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Awesome!
Was about to go to sleep... but will stay up and check this out.

Thanks mskip! You are great!
26th June 2009, 10:50 PM |#3065  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Midwest, USA
Thanks Meter: 1,299

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

*Reserved for pro plus ULTIMATE with Custom Background*

Great work I can't wait to try it!!!
26th June 2009, 10:56 PM |#3066  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doode

Awesome!
Was about to go to sleep... but will stay up and check this out.

Thanks mskip! You are great!

Let me know what you think and if everything looks ok
26th June 2009, 11:04 PM |#3067  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruizit0

anyone has a final solution to have full screen ?
i tryed the "toglestart" trick but not a real solution..
i always see a black bar at the top of the screen..

inst possible to stretch spb3 to cover all the screen ?

thanks

I have the same problem with the QVGA Ultimate Custom Backgrounds 6/23 version. I have togglestart in my startup so my top bar is gone but I have the empty space on bottom now. The pro page looks great but it shows through on the lifestyle page. None of the clip or screen size tricks seem to work. HTC 6800 MOGUL.
26th June 2009, 11:34 PM |#3068  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

Let me know what you think and if everything looks ok

Looks great!

A few things I saw just now:
- I can't seem to find the colored widget buttons.
- Weather plus (soft) widget has low res.
- White pressure indication of left and right bottom buttons (between carousel and options buttons) are too big.

Something else: I miss the second (and third/fourth) professional home screen I used to get by swiping to the left.

I go to zzz now, but will try to test more tomorrow.

Thanks again!
27th June 2009, 01:02 AM |#3069  

More
switching contacts
MSKIP, awesome work...everything I have put on my Touch that you have done has worked with NO PROBLEMS! I need something when you get a chance, I would like to use iContact instead of spb contact on my fav page, I like the spb thumbs but I would like to use icontacts here...I Really would appreciate it allot..thanks again...
27th June 2009, 02:46 AM |#3070  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 95

More
I just installed the pro ultimate for VGA and I have to say you have done an absolutely fantastic job here!!! Thank you for you time and effort!
27th June 2009, 04:22 AM |#3071  

More
Hey MSKip,

one quick question for you, I am using your Ultimate QVGA. I also have ToggleStart to remove the top bar, and have my own widgets in the menu area by the menu bar.

What I see is that when toggle bar is initiated everything moves up and when I go to edit the layout and bring the Widgets for the menu area down, it wont let me enter that extra space that I got with enable togglestart.

Any way to allow clipping in the bottom area?

thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
spb mobile shell 3, themes, tricks, widgets, zepiii

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)