FORUMS

HTC One camera focus problem [video]

190 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

By faremoney, Senior Member on 14th April 2013, 10:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
hi guys
i hope i can explain what's happening in correct english, if i make some mistakes please forgive me

i've got a big problem with my one

when i start the camera app, and it happens EVERY TIME, the camera takes a long time to begin "responding" to my commands

i'll try to explain

i start the camera
the camera begins to focus all the way out, then come back all the way in, and THEN if i tap it will correctly focus on the object i tapped on

if i tap before all this, it just doesn't focus

so i have to wait several seconds to begin "shooting" photos, and this happens anytime i will start the camera app

with the night or in low light, the problem is even bigger taking betweet 5 to 10 second to be "operative"

i've made a video on this problem but please be advised i've used an iphone in one hand while having the htc in the other, so i don't know if you can see exactly what happens

it's normal or it's my one that is faulty?

PS: i had this problem with stock 1.28 and now i have the trickrom 3.5 ( based on 1.29 ) and the issue is still here

in the video you can see that i try to focus on the electronic cigs without success... i will reach to focus around 0:24

14th April 2013, 10:53 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 356

More
looks like your lens isnt moving to focus.. have u tried sending it in?
14th April 2013, 10:54 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningarmor

looks like your lens isnt moving to focus.. have u tried sending it in?

yes it works but after 5-10 seconds... then it focus correctly on anything i tap on

sending it in you mean in warranty? i imported the phone.... would be really a mess to send it
14th April 2013, 11:21 PM |#4  
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 362

More
HTC doesn't care. You can send it in teo HTC USA and they will take care of it. I had a international ONE X that had different processor housing etc... and they took care of it no problem.
14th April 2013, 11:24 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullkill

HTC doesn't care. You can send it in teo HTC USA and they will take care of it. I had a international ONE X that had different processor housing etc... and they took care of it no problem.

this is interesting
i'm in italy but i don't want to be without the phone right now so i think i'll wait

in the meantime let's see if someone other has got the same problem :-/
15th April 2013, 02:18 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
sorry for the up but... i'm the only one with this problem? :-/
15th April 2013, 02:34 PM |#7  
Flag Darlington
Thanks Meter: 318

More
Could be a hardware issue. Some early devices has a focusing problem.
25th April 2013, 11:14 PM |#8  
Flag hollywood
Thanks Meter: 52

More
same here mine doesn't focus good, i might bring it back to the t-mobile store where i bought it
17th June 2013, 02:01 AM |#9  
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I'm having the same problem on the canadian version of the HTC One. Did you guys found a fix?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)