FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What Do You Want to See for My Next Project?

Delta Three

74 Vote(s)
52.11%
Delta Kernel

17 Vote(s)
11.97%
Delta AOSP for Verizon S3

45 Vote(s)
31.69%
Delta AOSP for Nexus 7

6 Vote(s)
4.23%

Delta II

785 posts
Thanks Meter: 953

Post Reply Email Thread
20th April 2013, 05:49 AM |#551  
Flag Solvang
Thanks Meter: 403

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodVibrant-ions

I don't understand why Envy was never released.

I gotta admit Edge, for saying "constant support" was a feature of your ROM you sure are inconsistent. With or without your phone, you've been all over the map man. I appreciate the work and my phone ran fairly well with Vengeance for quite a while, but I switched to Axis and couldn't be happier. And I don't see myself switching.

I guess what I'm saying is don't promise anything you can't deliver, and consistency is sooooo important around here.

I wish you luck though man. Though I think you just have some years of wisdom yet to attain.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Dude... You're complaining about Edge trying to make his ROM perfect and not releasing it? Dude. Sh*t happens. His phone broke. What if he tried to continue and released the ROM? Your phone could have been bricked. But Edge had no way of knowing without an SIII. And bugs could arise and more complaining would ensue. Philweser was in an accident and hasn't been very active on XDA. Do you want to b*tch at him? And Edge has a life. He couldn't be on a team for personal reasons. Again, sh*t happens. He's trying to make up for it and release another ROM. If your not happy with the support Edge gives and the stuff he releases, FOR FREE, then you can easily support yourself and figure out how to develop. Because XDA isn't a site for people to try to get free stuff and make their phone cool, it's a site to learn. To experience Android for what it should be. But people like you make this site horrible. With their nagging and annoyance. How about you do us all a favor and go buy an iPhone. I've heard those have "constant support".
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RCOVA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RCOVA Ad-Free

20th April 2013, 06:36 AM |#552  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 22,735

Donate to Me
More
I believe we all need to take a second look at this :http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=45
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sbreen94 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2013, 07:13 AM |#553  
Flag chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,015

More
I have to say this talk from the community towards any Android developer is just unreal. Seriously, where did the entitlement come from? I Just don't get it. I just don't.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to razz1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift razz1 Ad-Free
20th April 2013, 07:29 AM |#554  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 22,735

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by razz1

I have to say this talk from the community towards any Android developer is just unreal. Seriously, where did the entitlement come from? I Just don't get it. I just don't.

I concur very much with you sir
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sbreen94 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2013, 02:30 PM |#555  
Flag South Hill
Thanks Meter: 63

More
I for one cannot wait to see what edge comes out with next... Or any other of our great and friendly devs out there. I love to see new features they include and the various combinations of mods they use. Each rom brings a new experience to my phone every time. For myself I learn from these things and have included them in my own personally flavored rom I work on myself. So for edge and all of our devs I'd like to give a big THANK YOU for all you do for us here on xda. Let's work towards making our devices awesome and long lasting in times of new phones coming out every other month!
The Following User Says Thank You to HaVoK C89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HaVoK C89 Ad-Free
21st April 2013, 03:15 PM |#556  
Flag Yorktown
Thanks Meter: 223

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbreen94

I concur very much with you sir

Unfortunately our society as a whole is all about entitlements now. Thank your fedeeal government. Everyone now things someone owes them something for absolutely no reason at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to shawnten For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shawnten Ad-Free
21st April 2013, 03:44 PM |#557  
Thanks Meter: 299

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnten

Unfortunately our society as a whole is all about entitlements now. Thank your fedeeal government. Everyone now things someone owes them something for absolutely no reason at all.

On the flip side, its not only about government entitlements. It's about spoiled brats who live with there mama's and papas and have been spoon fed through high school and college.

Love the development community and all the devs who do this for the rest of us laypersons. Double thanks to all of you!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jihoonie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jihoonie Ad-Free
21st April 2013, 07:07 PM |#558  
Flag Columbus, Oh
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Its not about being entitled..... at all. I have been a member of XDA for three years. I have helped develop ROMS.

My problem is this:
I picked an Edgehood ROM (vengeance) because and only because he labeled it in the thread title as "constant support". Constant support says to me that the Dev is going to stay with that ROM and update it and work on it with the community. I liked that idea and looked forward to flashing new releases and updates and communicating with the developer. I don't like to flash twenty different roms. I research, pick one and stick with it.

About a week after I flashed the ROM, I logged in to see Edge had left and started a new ROM. So, I was disappointed. But I decided to follow it and see what was going on with the new ROM. As I was preparing to flash that ROM, I don't remember the name of the one before Envy but that's the one I'm talking about here, he then switched to Envy and began asking for donations.

I don't care what you call it, that's what that is. Restricting access to only those that donate for "beta testing" is asking for money and really not what XDA is all about. And then his phone broke or whatever and then the new ROM. Envy STILL has never has been released. I think that fact in itself says a lot.

So none of that had anything to do with you losing your phone Edge. And yes, I've explained well how you've been all over the map. Vengeance did run "fairly well". I think that's a compliment seeing ad towards the end when I switched I was getting lockups any time I put headphones in or used the volume buttons.

I was never saying you owed me something (entitled?) or that your work isn't appreciated (I ran Vengeance just fine for 4 months maybe).

Im just saying don't over promise and under deliver. And to be honest the donation thing with Envy was bull****.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCOVA

Dude... You're complaining about Edge trying to make his ROM perfect and not releasing it? Dude. Sh*t happens. His phone broke. What if he tried to continue and released the ROM? Your phone could have been bricked. But Edge had no way of knowing without an SIII. And bugs could arise and more complaining would ensue. Philweser was in an accident and hasn't been very active on XDA. Do you want to b*tch at him? And Edge has a life. He couldn't be on a team for personal reasons. Again, sh*t happens. He's trying to make up for it and release another ROM. If your not happy with the support Edge gives and the stuff he releases, FOR FREE, then you can easily support yourself and figure out how to develop. Because XDA isn't a site for people to try to get free stuff and make their phone cool, it's a site to learn. To experience Android for what it should be. But people like you make this site horrible. With their nagging and annoyance. How about you do us all a favor and go buy an iPhone. I've heard those have "constant support".

NOT "FOR FREE". That's my biggest problem with the whole thing.

I find a Dev promising constant support for his Roms and he switches ROMs and asks for money.

That's not XDA.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodVibrant-ions For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoodVibrant-ions Ad-Free
22nd April 2013, 04:49 AM |#559  
OP Senior Member
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 953

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodVibrant-ions

Its not about being entitled..... at all. I have been a member of XDA for three years. I have helped develop ROMS.

My problem is this:
I picked an Edgehood ROM (vengeance) because and only because he labeled it in the thread title as "constant support". Constant support says to me that the Dev is going to stay with that ROM and update it and work on it with the community. I liked that idea and looked forward to flashing new releases and updates and communicating with the developer. I don't like to flash twenty different roms. I research, pick one and stick with it.

About a week after I flashed the ROM, I logged in to see Edge had left and started a new ROM. So, I was disappointed. But I decided to follow it and see what was going on with the new ROM. As I was preparing to flash that ROM, I don't remember the name of the one before Envy but that's the one I'm talking about here, he then switched to Envy and began asking for donations.

I don't care what you call it, that's what that is. Restricting access to only those that donate for "beta testing" is asking for money and really not what XDA is all about. And then his phone broke or whatever and then the new ROM. Envy STILL has never has been released. I think that fact in itself says a lot.

So none of that had anything to do with you losing your phone Edge. And yes, I've explained well how you've been all over the map. Vengeance did run "fairly well". I think that's a compliment seeing ad towards the end when I switched I was getting lockups any time I put headphones in or used the volume buttons.

I was never saying you owed me something (entitled?) or that your work isn't appreciated (I ran Vengeance just fine for 4 months maybe).

Im just saying don't over promise and under deliver. And to be honest the donation thing with Envy was bull****.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

NOT "FOR FREE". That's my biggest problem with the whole thing.

I find a Dev promising constant support for his Roms and he switches ROMs and asks for money.

That's not XDA.

AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO THIS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Edgehood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Edgehood Ad-Free
22nd April 2013, 12:40 PM |#560  
Moderator Liaison / RC-RT Committee / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 46,382

Donate to Me
More
Closed at OPs request
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KennyG123 Ad-Free
22nd April 2013, 09:12 PM |#561  
Flag San Bernardino
Thanks Meter: 588

More
Kenny I don't think it's closed lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, galaxy, rom, speed, verizon

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)