[2in1GUIDE][JB] Unlock Bootloader and FASTER Root L9 Method

Search This thread

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
I get nothing after typing that command. The phone just reboots normally. Im not sure if this has anything to do with me possibly replacing the u or x boot on my phone with omap4boot. I dont have a backup of this file so my phone is listed as a "U2" as the device ID - not P768. No fastboot as far as I can see. I might try the omap4boot guide again and see if I can atleast get fastboot up.

First clear that mis-conception that your device should not show as U2. And why not? It really does not matter.
Firstly, when I connect my P765 to Samsung Bluray Player in Mass-Storage mode, it shows in TV Screen as "U2". When I connected it to Samsung LCDTV with DLNS, it also showed connected device as "U2" and it works fine everywhere. Its simply normal if other device does not recognize the name of phone properly.

I am "not ruling out" as it may not be the reason, but this way your troubleshooting may go in wrong direction. You should look for other possibilities of issues also, instead of stressing why it is showing as "U2".

Last edited:

Lelus

Nov 18, 2009
Chicago
For those advanced users , especially p765 and p768 who are on jb and can not unlock their bootloader I can suggest backing up then flashing x-loader and u-boot that cmahendra provided and see if unlocking works
also restoring via offline method or lg tool may overwrite x and u, I haven't notice any patterns which kdz version does it or not , it most likely is set in kdz/dll itself.

Last edited:

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
For those advanced users , especially p765 and p768 who are on jb and can not unlock their bootloader I can suggest backing up then flashing x-loader and u-boot that cmahendra provided and see if unlocking works
also restoring via offline method or lg tool may overwrite x and u, I haven't notice any patterns which kdz version does it or not , it most likely is set in kdz/dll itself.
@Lelus, Is it possible that LG might have used eFuse (xbox360) kind of method for bootloader unlocking, which is one-time-writable memory? I mean burning unlock flag on hardware which cannot be changed at all afterwords in any circumstances? Someone was suspecting that in other thread.

donk165

U2 is l9s motherboard model name

Thanks a lot. That clears fog. He was mentioning in other thread also why it is showing as U2 instead of P768? lol

Thank you guys, I am sorry. I assumed using omap4boot had changed something on my phone and I thought U2 was a different device. This is why I thought fastboot wasn't working on my phone. I was confused because before I did any flashing on my phone, when I used SD-maid, the app used to show my device as P768@XXXXXX - (firmware name), but it now shows U2@XXXXXX. I guess it was nothing.

Ill try flashing Jellybean and unlocking the bootloader, thomasoeli has since had success with his phone, so I can just follow his instructions.

donk165

Thank you guys, I am sorry. I assumed using omap4boot had changed something on my phone and I thought U2 was a different device. This is why I thought fastboot wasn't working on my phone. I was confused because before I did any flashing on my phone, when I used SD-maid, the app used to show my device as P768@XXXXXX - (firmware name), but it now shows U2@XXXXXX. I guess it was nothing.

Ill try flashing Jellybean and unlocking the bootloader, thomasoeli has since had success with his phone, so I can just follow his instructions.

So, Ive gone to V20B, but I cant seem to get fastboot to work once again?! Im on the P760 rom, V20b. I do the normal command 'adb reboot oem-unlock' and I get a standard reboot.

These are the steps ive taken.

Used online flash to go back to full stock = P768 V10B > Upgraded to P768 V10E > Rooted + CWM via Recovery Installer App > Upgraded to P765 V20A Europe > Tried fastboot mode - Normal Reboot only > Upgraded to P760 V20B Europe > Tried fastboot mode - Normal Reboot only.

Does anyone have any idea, I seem to always have a problem with fastboot mode! I love JB now, I cant go back :D but i dont want to be without CWM!

Sisqo

Apr 24, 2007
Suceava
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
unlocked bootloader and rooted in 1-2 minutes in v20d, great guide, this easy method needs to be implemented to unlock bootloader for every device by htc, samsung, motorola, etc. too bad there aren't any jb roms.. device too new or what?

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
unlocked bootloader and rooted in 1-2 minutes in v20d, great guide, this easy method needs to be implemented to unlock bootloader for every device by htc, samsung, motorola, etc. too bad there aren't any jb roms.. device too new or what?

Urwc

Sent from my LG-P765 using xda app-developers app

aloy99

May 15, 2011
I heard in the thread where the p768 user linked to the jelly bean firmware that the BL was locked by the telco?

Sent from my LG-P768 using xda app-developers app

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Update: I used the new recovery installer for JB, i guess ill forget fastboot for now, it doesnt agree with my phone lol :p

Sent from my LG-P768

Which new recovery installer for JB? Locked or Unlocked? The one which artas182x made for Unlocked BL devices, is not working as per his own thread. May be you are talking about his another recovery installer made for Locked BL, and may have worked on Unlocked BL too. plz Confirm.

donk165

donk165

Do you mean to say, you can install recovery with this installer on any raw stock JB rom? just after flashing any JB rom on locked bootloader phone?

Yeah, I just rooted with lelus method then used this new recovery installer, have you not read the change log / updated title for this thread? It supports Jelly Bean and other roms now.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36620368

I dont know whats up with my bootloader but it doesnt say status unlocked in SW update mode.

Sent from my LG-P768

Last edited:

sganguly

Dec 10, 2010
Kolkata
Just want to share.......I have P765...upgraded to V20A.....unlocked bootloader and rooted successfully with this method posted by cmahendra (Thanx cmahendra for this awesome guide) in post 1 of this thread. I think this is a good news for those having P765.

Please hit the thanks button if I helped.

Last edited:
Reactions: gauravgs

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Just want to share.......I have P765...upgraded to V20A.....unlocked bootloader and rooted successfully with this method posted by cmahendra (Thanx cmahendra for this awesome guide) in post 1 of this thread. I think this is a good news for those having P765.

Please hit the thanks button if I helped.

You are welcome. :) Such success stories increases the confidence of more people in the guide. Thanks :)

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
does this work on p769 tmobile device? to unlock bootloader and acquire root?

Not directly and it is mentioned will work on P760, P765 and partially on P768. You need to go through some more threads to know it better.

But there are P769 people with unlocked bootloader and root, with many alternate methods. Search and read please.

cheong12001

May 12, 2011
I cant unlock the phone even with fastboot and adb driver installed, p765 with europe 20c windows7 64bits

Sent from my LG-P765 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING

• USE INFORMATION AT YOU OWN RISK
    • There is no known perfect method to RELOCK the bootloader. So beware you will loose warranty of device. This warning is also shown while unlocking by LG.
    • This guide may have errors and may not work for some in various scenario. If you report them, I may try to correct them.
    • Read properly and DON'T SEND PM, I will simply ignore PM and laugh on you.
    Just sharing information. See now how easy it is to flash+CWM+Root V20* on Unlocked Bootloader (UL BL)***

Thanks and Huge rounds of applause for Aremcee (aka RC or Ricardo Cerqueira).
    This is completely based on Aremcee's Unlock and CWMRoot method as explained here. Please read is carefully before starting.
    =============================================

Things to remember while proceeding.

• Not for Newbies. (need some experience in flashing and installing fastboot drivers)
    • IMPORTANT: You must have P760/P765 with P760 V20B EUROPE OPEN rom flashed on it....or OTHER UNLOCKABLE ROMS. @Gh0sT.RPG tried unlocking on P765 V20B, V20C & V20D all unsuccessful. But He unlocked on P65 V20A Indian in just 20min.
    • You must have P768 with P768 JB (e.g.Mexico) Not tested but should work as per JB feature added in other variants. If this method does not work for P768 then try this method.
    • Phone might be already Bootloader Unlocked or you may Unlock it while in following process.
    • P769x owners please visit this thread for unlocking bootloader.
    Unlock Bootloader and Easy Rooting of L9 P760/765/P768

0) Preparations:-

See post number 10 below for some information on fastboot drivers.

1) Connect phone to pc and change USB Mode to "LG Software Mode". Now wait for 30 minutes if you want to unlock bootloader (IMPORTANT Read post) and then open command prompt and give following commands in "lower case" because adb command is case sensitive.

C:\>cd \android
    C:\Android>adb devices
    This should show the list of attached devices in ADB mode like shown below

attachment.php

Now pass this command and phone will restart in fastboot mode like this... in "lower case" because fastboot command is case sensitive.

C:Android\>adb reboot oem-unlock
    Phone will start in fastboot mode. You may be asked to install fastboot drivers at this point. See driver download from this this NEW download thread and install with instructions from this OLD install method or this New install Method.

2 A) AT THIS POINT, YOU CAN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER IF STILL LOCKED: You get option to press VOLUME UP key to unlock the bootloader permanently. If already unlocked, skip to next step.

attachment.php

2 B) When your phone comes in fastboot mode, then PC will install fastboot drivers, if not installed before. If automatic installation fails, you can manually install fastboot drivers as instructed in this post or this post. Strangely my device manager shows only one entry like this screenshot. (click for screenshot). If fastboot drivers are not installed this rooting will not work.

attachment.php

3) Now staying in Fastboot mode, install Recovery Software (CWM Touch) like shown below. All in "lower case", because fastboot command is case sensitive and will fail if you type carelessly.
    C:\Android>fastboot devices
    This will show if phone is connected to your pc in fastboot mode or not by showing device entry result like "1234567 fastboot". Then give next command.
    C:\Android>fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.3.1-p760.img
    attachment.php

This will install Recovery Software (CWM) in your phone. When finished you can disconnect phone from pc (remove usb cable).

To switch off phone, PRESS POWER FOR 15 SECONDS or REMOVE BATTERY and INSERT AGAIN.

4) Reboot phone in Recovery (CWM) Mode (with Vol+ and Home and Power button, all together for 5 secs) and flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip which was already copied before on sdcard. Reboot normally and enjoy.

Your are done.

For me everything went smooth in single attempt like a charm.

PS: The Rom I flashed before did perfectly worked well with all features and options :D Super Smooth as usual.
    ==============================================

EDIT: JUST FLASHED P765 V20D HongKong ON P765 INDIA WITH NO ISSUE. (14-Apr-13) See this related thread for more information

==============================================
    @cmahendra Can u add few lines in your OP like on which firmware bootloader can be locked? This might prevent some same questions from repeating in the thread and might help out others. I tried unlocking on p765 v20B, v20C & v20D all unsuccessful. I unlocked on v20A Indian in just 20min. So, may be this info might be helpful to others :highfive:
    U2 is l9s motherboard model name

Thanks a lot. That clears fog. He was mentioning in other thread also why it is showing as U2 instead of P768? lol
    Hello,

I did this tutorial on my P760 and it works perfectly :highfive: (the only difference I made was for the recovery file, I used the last version 6.0.3.1 instead of the on given on this thread :) ).

There was only one detail I didn't understand. When you are asked to confirm with Vol+ if you are sure to unlock the bootloader, it said it will reset your device to factory settings : it did not :D .

Thank you for the tutorial ;)

Glad this Tutorial helped you. :highfive: I know I am on same new CWM 6.0.3.1 but not updated here. kindaa lazy. JUST UPDATED NEW CWM. Old also there for backup.:D

They said it will reset your device, because people are lazy/careless to BACKUP the phone. Even I keep telling people to take nandroid backup of phone before flashing KDZ but it does not wipe data. :D

See last line of my signature. :D