FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LAVA Iris 501 Jelly Bean Firmware 4.1.1

91 posts
Thanks Meter: 120
 
By kamal882, Member on 21st April 2013, 11:27 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
This is the first post which provides LAVA IRIS 501 Jelly Bean Firmware 4.1.1

Recently LAVA Iris 501 has got Jelly Bean update. You need to visit LAVA service center for updating your handset.

Here I am giving Jelly Bean Firmware so that you can Update your handset yourself.

What's needed:
  • USB data cable
  • MediaTek USB VCOM drivers
  • SP Flash Tool
  • LAVA Iris 501 Jelly Bean Firmware

Download all files from links which are given in my post. - All Links upadated

Process:

Switch off Mobile, Remove Battery and after few seconds again insert battery (Do not switch on mobile and also do not connect USB cable at this time)

Install MediaTek USB VCOM drivers in your PC.
Open SP Flash Tool, then click Scatter-loading button to load the scatter file. It will load Firmware files. Click on Firmware Upgrade Button. It will check all files and it may give a Checksum Failed warning. Just Ignore this warning, Click on OK if warning is there and connect mobile with USB cable. It will start updating your mobile. Complete process will take around 5 minutes. Now you can enjoy with Jelly Bean.

Media Tek Driver - Link Updated

MT6577 USB VCOM drivers - (In case if you are not comfortable with above mentioned driver)

SP Flash Tool v3.1248.0.96 - Link Updated

LAVA IRIS Jelly Bean Firmware File Part 01 - Link removed on request of Forum Moderator

LAVA IRIS Jelly Bean Firmware File Part 02 - Link removed on request of Forum Moderator

LAVA IRIS Jelly Bean Firmware File Part 03 - Link removed on request of Forum Moderator

LAVA IRIS Jelly Bean Firmware File Part 04 - Link removed on request of Forum Moderator

Please note: This is original Jelly Bean Firmware 4.1.1 of IRIS 501 provided by LAVA. Nothing is modded in this Firmware.

Warning: Be careful while flashing your phone. I will be not responsible if you brick your phone.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to kamal882 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kamal882 Ad-Free
 
 
22nd April 2013, 06:54 PM |#2  
Member
Flag Bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Smile
Hi,
Nice to know the JB update for IRIS 501. Is this the official update released by the manuacturer?
Thanks to confirm

Gopinath


Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal882

This is the first post which provides LAVA IRIS 501 Jelly Bean Firmware 4.1.1

Recently LAVA Iris 501 has got Jelly Bean update. You need to visit LAVA service center for updating your handset.

Here I am giving Jelly Bean Firmware so that you can Update your handset yourself.

What's needed:

  • USB data cable
  • MediaTek USB VCOM drivers
  • SP Flash Tool
  • LAVA Iris 501 Jelly Bean Firmware

Download all files from links which are given in my post.

Process:

Switch off Mobile, Remove Battery and after few seconds again insert battery (Do not switch on mobile and also do not connect USB cable at this time)

Open SP Flash Tool, then click Scatter-loading button to load the scatter file. It will load Firmware files. Click on Firmware Upgrade Button. It will check all files and it may give a Checksum Failed warning. Just Ignore this warning, Click on OK if warning is there and connect mobile with USB cable. It will start updating your mobile. Complete process will take around 5 minutes. Now you can enjoy with Jelly Bean.

Media Tek Driver:
https://www.box.com/s/jxbegwvaqhh5uc50cyai

SP Flash Tool v3.1248.0.96:
https://www.box.com/s/4b5zsct8j2jco08yb1s0

LAVA IRIS Jelly Bean Firmware File Part 01:
https://www.box.com/s/nx8u26gpy9qgr941irg8

LAVA IRIS Jelly Bean Firmware File Part 02:
https://www.box.com/s/8ei8dprs4h2o43k7wrzw

LAVA IRIS Jelly Bean Firmware File Part 03:
https://www.box.com/s/4aoctbmp1zvvglrygzh0

Please note that this is original Jelly Bean Firmware 4.1.1 of IRIS 501 provided by LAVA. Nothing is modded in this Firmware.

Press the "Thanks" Button if you like my work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gopinb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gopinb Ad-Free
22nd April 2013, 06:57 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Kanpur
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinb

Hi,
Nice to know the JB update for IRIS 501. Is this the official update released by the manuacturer?
Thanks to confirm

Gopinath

Yes, this is official update downloaded from lava ftp server.

Sent from my IRIS_501 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kamal882 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kamal882 Ad-Free
23rd April 2013, 03:33 AM |#4  
Member
Flag Bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Unhappy
Thanks for your reply.
Yesterday I strted downloading, but somewhere in between it stopped.
Now I tried to re-download, but it's not working. Is there any other link from where I can download it?

Best Regards,
Gopinath B

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal882

Yes, this is official update downloaded from lava ftp server.

Sent from my IRIS_501 using Tapatalk 2

23rd April 2013, 03:50 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Kanpur
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinb

Thanks for your reply.
Yesterday I strted downloading, but somewhere in between it stopped.
Now I tried to re-download, but it's not working. Is there any other link from where I can download it?

Best Regards,
Gopinath B

I have uploaded these files in my box.com account and as of now I don't have any other link. Will try to upload on mediafire and inform you.

Sent from my IRIS_501 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to kamal882 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kamal882 Ad-Free
23rd April 2013, 06:58 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Please provide Lava FTP site and its id password
Please provide Please provide Lava FTP site and its id password so that i can download the jelly bean firmware and flash it to my phone.
23rd April 2013, 12:18 PM |#7  
akash akya's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,366
 
More
reupload asap...
Thanx for your concern.... please upload files asap.... it says out of bandwidth....
The Following User Says Thank You to akash akya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akash akya Ad-Free
23rd April 2013, 02:09 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Dear Kamal,

thanks in advance. Your account is out of bandwith balance. Plz upload it on mediafire or alternative file hosts asap.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Dear Kamal,

If possible plz send it to my mail address on [email protected],

I'll post it to my mediafile so that it's further development gets kickstarted for larger community.


Masood
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to farazmm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift farazmm Ad-Free
23rd April 2013, 06:21 PM |#9  
Member
Flag Bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Hi
I tried installing the MediaTek diverse attached. But It failed to get install MTD Device.
It says An error occurred during the installation of the device. The third party INF file sows not contain digital signature information.
Please help what needs to be done to install the drivers.

Thanks
Gopinath B
24th April 2013, 03:39 AM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Kanpur
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinb

Hi
I tried installing the MediaTek diverse attached. But It failed to get install MTD Device.
It says An error occurred during the installation of the device. The third party INF file sows not contain digital signature information.
Please help what needs to be done to install the drivers.

Thanks
Gopinath B

Try with other driver, link given below.

SmartPhone Driver Auto Installer MTK
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kamal882 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kamal882 Ad-Free
24th April 2013, 03:43 AM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Kanpur
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akash akya

Thanx for your concern.... please upload files asap.... it says out of bandwidth....

I am uploading files to Mediafire, please wait for 1 - 2 days.
Thanks for your support.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
501, firmware, iris, jellybean, lava
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes