By kokotas, Senior Member on 27th January 2013, 11:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th April 2013, 09:23 PM |#321  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 327

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenNewsgroup

Tried 2.5.0.0 r1 and did a check the filesystem. It was checking and has "system busy" displayed.

Substitute "system busy" for "working... keep your pants on..." When "system busy" disappears, the operation has completed.

21st April 2013, 01:52 PM |#322  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAtHome

Substitute "system busy" for "working... keep your pants on..." When "system busy" disappears, the operation has completed.

Normally yes, but not in the case I described. I left my TWRP running a disk check for an hour and a half and it never completed (if I pressed the TWRP icon to get a screenshot).
21st April 2013, 03:53 PM |#323  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
When I use last version Extended TWRP v2.5.0.0.r1 some strange thing appears. I need press button "Restore" twice. First time - window closes, no action. Only second pressing "Recovery" button launches recovery process... It's a feature or bug?

All my parameters are shown in signature below

P.S. MD5 sum is verifying. Maybe it's important.

P.P.S. Disabling checking MD5 sum solved issue. Maybe useful.
The Following User Says Thank You to TeleMaks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TeleMaks Ad-Free
21st April 2013, 05:29 PM |#324  
Flag New Jersey

More
Quote:

Quote:

Normally yes, but not in the case I described. I left my TWRP running a disk check for an hour and a half and it never completed (if I pressed the TWRP icon to get a screenshot).

You are certainly braver than I am.

I have not tried that module (there is no way I would attempt a disk check, or any other low-level operation like that using Android-based tools). But, if it is set to repair disk errors and/or locate/repair sectors, rather than simply report what it finds, it will take quite a while (simply guessing, my 64G card would take around 10 hours).

If the need arose, I would do it from my PC desktop, where I would be able to fix pretty much anything that Android breaks.
21st April 2013, 06:02 PM |#325  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:

You are certainly braver than I am.

I have not tried that module (there is no way I would attempt a disk check, or any other low-level operation like that using Android-based tools). But, if it is set to repair disk errors and/or locate/repair sectors, rather than simply report what it finds, it will take quite a while (simply guessing, my 64G card would take around 10 hours).

If the need arose, I would do it from my PC desktop, where I would be able to fix pretty much anything that Android breaks.

without pressing the TWRP icon the disk check finished in about 5 minutes. That's why I think it is a VERY MINOR bug, but a bug none the less.
21st April 2013, 10:33 PM |#326  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 1,560

More
Hi guys,

The bug regarding cLK's extra boot partitions was there because I forgot to change a line:
Code:
#define MSM_MAX_PARTITIONS 8
at nand_partitions.c in tytung's kernel before compiling.
Also, after thinking about the screenshot issue, I decided to follow this way: If the system is busy, even if you accidentally press the top logo no screenshot will be taken so the running process will not be interrupted and will finish normally.
Finally, in the previous version I ported the new gui element partitionlist from mainline. That was a bit messy cause it changed a lot of things regarding backup/restore/wipe, so I had to rewrite some of the functions.

Regards!
PS:I uploaded a new compiled file at 1st post. Happy testing
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to kokotas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kokotas Ad-Free
22nd April 2013, 08:00 AM |#327  
Flag Nanjing
Thanks Meter: 139

Donate to Me
More
Great Work

Sent from my HD2 using xda app-developers app
24th April 2013, 04:47 AM |#328  
Flag New Jersey

More
Quote:

without pressing the TWRP icon the disk check finished in about 5 minutes. That's why I think it is a VERY MINOR bug, but a bug none the less.

... and a very superficial disk scan...

24th April 2013, 04:49 PM |#329  
Thanks Meter: 194

More
v2.5.0.2
Hi kokotas,
have tested v2.5.0.2 a little bit the last days, no problems so far.
Checked Rom/Patches installations, NativeSD backups with compression, FileManager, direct Boot from boot to wboot, screenshots and some settings.

Can I set a name for boot partition which is showed in your black clk bootloader and your XBoot app. For partition sboot-?boot the name works top in bootloader and partly in XBoot (have flashed the SD kernels via recovery/NativeSD Manager, a wonderful and easy way). Only name of boot/Nand rom is missing and 2 of 4 names in XBoot only.
XBoot is not working in JB 4.2.2 Tytung 2.1, access root all 2 seconds and do nothing. Probably my PDroid patches. No XBoot message in logcat.

Thank you!
26th April 2013, 09:01 AM |#330  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 314

More
Hi kokotas,
small (cosmetic) remark. With the latest v2.5.0.2 version the progress bar for backup/restore is not updated correctly. It's almost full when SD-Ext is about to start backup/restore.... and most of the time during backup/restore of SD-Ext it's unchanged (full). This was not a case on the v2.4.4.x version.
Regards!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_Avenger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dark_Avenger Ad-Free
26th April 2013, 10:09 AM |#331  
Flag Turkey
Thanks Meter: 549

Donate to Me
More
hi kokotas. can you add support for back up & restore misc partition for magldr users?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, hd2, recovery, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)