FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Program to mute just email notification during night?

99 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By tman1425, Member on 16th June 2009, 10:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I receive emails every 30 minutes on my Fuze. I would like to keep my phone volume on loud during the night (just incase I receive a call), but somehow mute or stop just the emails from coming in. Is there any program that can do this? thanks in advance

17th June 2009, 01:14 AM |#2  
Flag somewhere in oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 6

More
start/settings/sound&notifacations , scroll down to email , and uncheck what you would like to uncheck .

or download g-profile from ageye , look it up on google . it works quite well
18th June 2009, 09:18 AM |#3  
Flag BC

More
Another solution: I use Phone Weaver (SBSH) - SPB makes equivalent Phone Suite, but I like Weaver better...

My setup = My phone not only goes to vibrate mode whenever certain categorized appts happen in my calendar (meetings/Clients/gigs), but every night at midnight it turns to silent or vibrate, the push mail shuts off, bluetooth shuts off if its on. At 5 am, wifi turns on and SPB backup kicks in if AC plugged in and wirelessly backs up my whole phone to my desktop every day, then turns wifi off. Then in the morning, resume pushmail and volume full.

I rarely ever have to touch my volume settings unless im going to a movie or dinner or something. I never have to think about backing up/losing my backups on a lost/stolen storage card/phone.

I just checked G-Profile too cause I've never looked at it. It seems like it does mostly the same things as P Weaver. try all the trial versions, see what you like.
18th June 2009, 05:42 PM |#4  
Flag New York

More
If you are using active sync, you can set the peak vs off-peak time so that off-peak is when you don't want to recieve email. Then set off-peak to sync Manualy.
1st July 2009, 04:41 PM |#5  

More
use mortscript to set it up.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65663
1st July 2009, 05:28 PM |#6  
Flag Desert Hot Springs, CA
Thanks Meter: 1

More
you can also simply turn off the push feature using comm manager. What I did was modify te options in comm manager using the app called Advanced Config. I removed the 3G control from comm manager and added the control for Push Email. At night, I simply turn off the push email and that way the phone still stays on to receive calls but email is no longer pushed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)