[Q] Can't log in to the Facebook Messenger App.

Search This thread

willdarko

Feb 29, 2012
Punta de Mata
So, here is my issue:
Since the last 3 updates I can't log in to the app. No matter what I do i just CAN'T. I have an HTC One X (Tegra 3) woth the SkyDragon ROM (the first time that I got the error I was on stock JB). No matter if I use WiFi or Data, I just can't. I've tried differente roms and all of them had the same issue (i'm starting to think that the issue is inside my phone)
So... If anyone out there is able to help I'll apreciate it.

WarpSeeker

Apr 22, 2013
Calgary
I'm sure you\ve already tried this but gotta put it in, have you gone to apps,and cleared data/cache
download the latest version of facebook from play store
confirmed your username/password by logging off on a computer, and logging back in :)

willdarko

Feb 29, 2012
Punta de Mata
I'm sure you\ve already tried this but gotta put it in, have you gone to apps,and cleared data/cache
download the latest version of facebook from play store
confirmed your username/password by logging off on a computer, and logging back in :)

YES! I did that and nothing happened. I don't get what's wrong! It just stopped working since 2.3.2 version!

willdarko

Feb 29, 2012
Punta de Mata
Yes! I can log in into any account in any app! As I wrote the problem came with the 2.3.2 update!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

willdarko

Feb 29, 2012
Punta de Mata
I must add that I found another people with the same problem in the reviews of the app at the play store! And they where all users of HOXs!

willdarko

Feb 29, 2012
Punta de Mata
Can you sign in to any other accounts, eg Twitter, google, email etc ?

Sent from my Awesome One X on ViperX 3.5.5 using XDA Premium

Ok, I must add: I've tried installing the last working APK for me (2.3.1 version) and it didn't worked!!I got the same error message.
PS: Even I've tried the ROM that you are using now and it did not worked.
Could be something with the registry or something like that?

nogotaclue

Jan 16, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
I've just been trying different things to try and replicate the problem but it doesn't matter what I do, facebook and messenger sign in every time without problem. What versions do you have? I Have Facebook 3.1 and messenger 2.4.3. Also I looked at reviews of the new version of messenger and couldn't see any users having sign in problems

willdarko

Feb 29, 2012
Punta de Mata
I've just been trying different things to try and replicate the problem but it doesn't matter what I do, facebook and messenger sign in every time without problem. What versions do you have? I Have Facebook 3.1 and messenger 2.4.3. Also I looked at reviews of the new version of messenger and couldn't see any users having sign in problems

I have the same versions! Well, I found some comments in spanish but they were from a month or two ago... Could be something with my FB config? I mean, I've never touched it before so I guess that it's not. The 2.3.2 version brought me to this point t.t Now if I install an older one it wont sing in :( that's why I think that it must be something with my phone or the internal storage i dont know!

nogotaclue

Jan 16, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
I'd be shocked if it was your phone/hardware related. storage maybe, but more likely some cached data somewhere. Have you got more than one apk version in storage?

willdarko

Feb 29, 2012
Punta de Mata
I'd be shocked if it was your phone/hardware related. storage maybe, but more likely some cached data somewhere. Have you got more than one apk version in storage?

I mean, I believe its something with the storage! Not the hardware!! Must be some sort of cached data like you said! And yes, its the only APK file of the app that I have!

nogotaclue

Jan 16, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
I've googled for almost 2 hours now and can't find anyone with the same problem, l will look again later today. its 4 am here now and time for bed

gallardo5

Apr 8, 2011
Glasgow
Oh nevermind, this is the normal me and my LUCK hahaha. Ok pal, thank you so much for your support!! I really apreciate it :D

So you mean problem is solved or not?;) if not, try to delete data of facebook app, not just the messenger, but also facebook ;) maybe it will help

Sent from my HTC One X.
POLSKAAAAAA BIAAAALOOOO CZEEEERWONIIIII!!!!!!!!!:D

"Android's source is better than most liquor stores, it's opened 24/7" gallardo5 aka Daniel

willdarko

Feb 29, 2012
Punta de Mata
Oh no! I still have the problem! I said that because he said that he could not find anybody with the same issue! And I already did what you're telling me and it did not worked!

Hovmand

Dec 5, 2012
Location determined

I can tell you, that your not alone. When i look at the danish reviews of the app i can go back to around november last year when people started having problems with not being able to log in.

I myself and a friend both have the HOX and niether of us is able to log in.

I have tried several times finding a way to repport to bug to facebook, but it seems like all their help sections are just loops refering to each others and never ending in something useful.

willdarko

Feb 29, 2012
Punta de Mata
I can tell you, that your not alone. When i look at the danish reviews of the app i can go back to around november last year when people started having problems with not being able to log in.

I myself and a friend both have the HOX and niether of us is able to log in.

I have tried several times finding a way to repport to bug to facebook, but it seems like all their help sections are just loops refering to each others and never ending in something useful.

I knew I was not alone... Did you tried to format your internal storage? What have you done?

Hovmand

Dec 5, 2012
Yea, i have tried that and it did not help.
At the moment i have a little fix to the isue (i like getting notifications whem people write), so i removed all facebook software from my phone and only installed the facebook app (not messenger) and then you will start to get notifications agian.
I would ask you to try and instal the facebook pages app and se if you are able to login there, because I think the same error is in both the messenger and and the pages app.

willdarko

Feb 29, 2012
Punta de Mata
Yea, i have tried that and it did not help.
At the moment i have a little fix to the isue (i like getting notifications whem people write), so i removed all facebook software from my phone and only installed the facebook app (not messenger) and then you will start to get notifications agian.
I would ask you to try and instal the facebook pages app and se if you are able to login there, because I think the same error is in both the messenger and and the pages app.

Nope, I was not able to log in to the facebook pages app too! Could be something with our CID's and our locatons? Have you tried a ROM without "sense" like cyanogen or something?

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
Can you log in from the browser?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yep you need this one

http://db.tt/C1SWP2ZJ

Mr Hofs.....always in for a party !
    Same issue

I installed v2.2.5 and yes it worked for me THANKS ! , i think its a problem with the app itself not the facebook settings , so that is one mystery solved
    I've tried also reporting it to facebook but no replies ( i have reported it almost 5 times )
    If you have an Android phone (Nexus devices seem particularly susceptible to the error) with Facebook working fine, but FB Messenger app keeps throwing an ambiguous “Something went wrong. Please try again.” error message, I have found a solution.

Turn airplane mode on.
    Reboot phone.
    Turn phone on.
    Cry tears of joy when the app actually loads.
    Turn airplane mode off, continue to use the phone like normal.
    If the above doesn’t work, try taking out the SIM instead of airplane mode. In any case, the fix should work fine.

From http://tehstickman.com/2014/tech/facebook-messenger-something-went-wrong-fix/

I did it and it worked, I haven't been able to login since last year, I turned on airplane mode then rebooted, logged out of the Facebook app, logged in on the messenger app then onto the Facebook app, then turned off airplane mode and its working, no tears of joy though :p.