[MOD][FLASHABLE ZIP] Remove GApps in any ICS/JB ROM

Search This thread
T

TheAndroidGeek

Here is a zip I have made which will remove gapps from any ICS/JB ROM to have better battery life. Don't forget to press the thanks button and rate the thread 5 stars.

WORKS ON JELLY BEAN ANDROID 4.1

1. Mount /system
  2. Flash zip
  3. Reboot
  4. Enjoy

Attachments

• update-remove-gapps-ics-jb.zip
    188.1 KB · Views: 22,791
Last edited:
T

TheAndroidGeek

Alternatives to Google Play Store are:
Aptoide
APKTOP
APPBRAIN

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
Does it work in jb also? I would really need it!

Edit: Yes it does! Great thanks! :)

Ps. I don t use this zip to get rid of gapps completely, but to clean gapps before installing a different gapp zip or when switching from ics to jb and viceversa ! (Full wipe don t delete gapps and some roms don t delete them also so this zip is very useful!)

Last edited:
Reactions: nik2013 and raenye

brim4brim

May 4, 2011

Ps. I don t use this zip to get rid of gapps completely, but to clean gapps before installing a different gapp zip or when switching from ics to jb and viceversa ! (Full wipe don t delete gapps and some roms don t delete them also so this zip is very useful!)

I have just done this also on the loop kernel on my Xperia S that I installed using the duel booter for Xperia S here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1880305

Worked for this so well done :D

Bonoboo

Dec 30, 2012
Ukraine
Redmi Note 10 Pro
[FLASHABLE ZIP] Remove GApps in ROM: now supports Android 10

NOTE:
script no more maintained. Even not try it on Android 11/12/99.
There by default not possible to edit files on system partitions (here patch) and their quantity has increased.
Also firmwares even more depend on gapps so risk of bootloop even higher.

Script in first post very discounted and therefore deleting not all files.
Here's updated version. Script automatically mounts /system and /vendor, you don't need do it by yourself.

Script compatible with Android 2.3...10.0
Guaranteed delete will be only on custom rom's with built-in or OpenGapps and Pixel / Nexus / Android One firmware due of possible other file naming in manufacturer stock firmware.
I tried to collect all files related to Google.

Script removes apps from /system and /vendor partitions. Probably some of them was updated and additionally stored in internal memory.
So you need manually delete a bit of remainders as normal app.
Batch deleting available with root in Link2SD

Some bits of files can left on device (like important WebView), but almost all other will be removed.
Also here open source version of gapps (microG)

IMPORTANT!
Maybe some stuff or whole ROM will broken after applying this ZIP because modern firmwares very depends from gapps
– I've tried to remove as much possible Google-related files
– don't apply script after wipe /data, only after first boot. Otherwise execute these commands
– Before applying set Settings > Apps > Gear icon > Default apps > Voice & assist > both to "None" (source)
– Script removes Google Launcher, install 3rd-party app or device will not boot!
– Script removes stock Google keyboard, install 3rd party before applying!
– Script removes Google Dialer, install 3rd-party before applying!
– ...and many other apps
– Apps that display Google Maps can't be installed
– A lot of apps requests Google Play Store and Google Play Services which will be removed
– Network location will be unavailable because it's part of gapps
– Recommended to wipe dalvik-cache to rid out of unused odex-files

>>> Use it at your own risk and make full backup via recovery before flashing! <<<

Previous more "lite" version: remove_gapps_2.3-8.1.zip

Attachments

• remove_gapps_2.3-8.1.zip
    182.5 KB · Views: 1,014
  • remove_gapps_2.3-10.0.zip
    193.4 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:

9v9

Jul 26, 2010
Underground
Script in first post discounted and delete not all files due update of gapps.
Here's updated version attached to post.
Script automatically mounts /system, you don't need do it by yourself.

Disclaimer: _maybe_ some stuff or all ROM will broken after applying this ZIP.
Use at your own risk.

Especially apps with embedded GoogleMaps such as Foursquare, Instagram and many other.
They will be hidden in Play Store and can't be installed manually because of lack of framework for it.
So there's two versions. One with prefix "Safe" keeps framework.
Kind of an odd question but can this work on a CM7 build? If not can you give me ideas to create my own?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [FLASHABLE ZIP] Remove GApps in ROM: now supports Android 10

NOTE:
    script no more maintained. Even not try it on Android 11/12/99.
    There by default not possible to edit files on system partitions (here patch) and their quantity has increased.
    Also firmwares even more depend on gapps so risk of bootloop even higher.

Script in first post very discounted and therefore deleting not all files.
    Here's updated version. Script automatically mounts /system and /vendor, you don't need do it by yourself.

Script compatible with Android 2.3...10.0
    Guaranteed delete will be only on custom rom's with built-in or OpenGapps and Pixel / Nexus / Android One firmware due of possible other file naming in manufacturer stock firmware.
    I tried to collect all files related to Google.

Script removes apps from /system and /vendor partitions. Probably some of them was updated and additionally stored in internal memory.
    So you need manually delete a bit of remainders as normal app.
    Batch deleting available with root in Link2SD

Some bits of files can left on device (like important WebView), but almost all other will be removed.
    Also here open source version of gapps (microG)

IMPORTANT!
    Maybe some stuff or whole ROM will broken after applying this ZIP because modern firmwares very depends from gapps
    – I've tried to remove as much possible Google-related files
    – don't apply script after wipe /data, only after first boot. Otherwise execute these commands
    – Before applying set Settings > Apps > Gear icon > Default apps > Voice & assist > both to "None" (source)
    – Script removes Google Launcher, install 3rd-party app or device will not boot!
    – Script removes stock Google keyboard, install 3rd party before applying!
    – Script removes Google Dialer, install 3rd-party before applying!
    – ...and many other apps
    – Apps that display Google Maps can't be installed
    – A lot of apps requests Google Play Store and Google Play Services which will be removed
    – Network location will be unavailable because it's part of gapps
    – Recommended to wipe dalvik-cache to rid out of unused odex-files

>>> Use it at your own risk and make full backup via recovery before flashing! <<<

Previous more "lite" version: remove_gapps_2.3-8.1.zip
    2 All
    Flashable ZIP updated and now support Marshmallow with more new files to remove.
    Download >>
    2 All
    Flashable ZIP updated:
    – Support of Oreo (8.0...8.1)
    Download >>