[APP][4.0+] Apex Notifier

Search This thread

dennisxl

Mar 30, 2010
www.anddoes.com
Apex Notifier is an extension application for Apex Launcher Pro (2.3+) and DashClock Widget (Android 4.2+). It provides notification data to those applications and does nothing on its own.

NEW: Apex Notifier now supports Android Wear devices!
Check the battery level of your phone straight from your wrist. There's no need to take the phone out of your pocket just to see how much battery is remaining. When an Android Wear watch is connected to your phone, a battery card appears on the watch that shows you the current battery level and charging status. To set up, just launch Apex Notifier on your phone and turn on Battery > Show on Android Wear. To customize the experience, you may control when the battery card shows up (e.g., when not charging or the battery drops below a certain threshold). You'll also find options to show additional battery information like health, temperature, and voltage.

FAW-01.png FAW-02.png FAW-03.png

When used with Apex Launcher Pro, unread counts will show up in badges on application icons. Please enable Apex Notifier in Apex Settings > Notification settings.

When used with DashClock Widget, Apex Notifier displays useful information from various sources. Please enable Apex Notifier in DashClock Extensions > Add Another Extension > Apex Notifier. You may enable up to 5 extensions for DashClock.

Supported Apps

• Missed Calls
  • Unread SMS
  • Calendar Appointments
  • Gmail
  • HTC Mail
  • Samsung Email
  • K-9/Kaiten Mail
  • Battery Level
  • Stock Email
  • Google Talk (deprecated)
  • Google Hangouts (Android 4.3+)
  • WhatsApp (Android 4.3+)
  • Google Play (Android 4.3+)
  • Google Voice
  • Starbucks (deprecated)

Notes

• Unread SMS provides the number of unread messages, not unread conversations.
  • Gmail unread count requires Gmail version 4.0.5 or higher.
  • If you update Gmail or install K-9/Kaiten Mail after installing Apex Notifier, you may have to re-install Apex Notifier to get proper permissions.
  • You do not need this extension for Aqua Mail. Just turn on external notifiers in Apex Launcher Pro, and you will see the unread count badge.
  • Battery level will be displayed in a numeric badge on Battery apps (the Settings app by default) in Apex Launcher Pro. Some battery settings (e.g., status, time, details) are only applicable for DashClock.
  • Notification data for Email, Google Voice, and Starbucks are retrieved from widgets. Please set up your account in those apps first. Depending on how often each app refreshes its widget, data may not be updated in real time.
  • Features listed under Labs are experimental and may stop working in the future.
  • When used with Apex Launcher Pro, please install Apex Launcher before installing Apex Notifier.
  • Apex Notifier only works with official versions of Apex Launcher Pro (2.3+). Please do not ask for support if you are using a modified or pirated version.

Feature Requests

For now, only apps listed above are supported. Integration with additional apps may be implemented in the future if there is official API or public content provider.

Help Translate

Developers: Apex Launcher Pro also supports notifications from other apps. Please check out the notifications API at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1930365

Download from Google Play:
Apex Notifier

Download APK:
Apex Notifier APK

Get Apex Launcher:
Apex Launcher

Last edited:

dennisxl

Mar 30, 2010
www.anddoes.com
Apex Notifier beta is now available from Google Play! Here's how to get beta updates:
  1. First, join the Apex Launcher Beta Google Group. You won't get beta updates unless you are a member of this group. Make sure that you use the same Google account you use for Google Play. This is the same Google Group for Apex Launcher Beta. If you have already joined the group, you may skip this step.
  2. Next, visit this link and click Become a Tester. If you want to leave the beta program, simply return to that link and click Leave the Test.
  3. Finally, visit the Google Play page for Apex Notifier to update to the latest beta version.

Note: As Google replaces Talk with Hangouts, support for Google Talk has been removed since v2.0. Hangouts is supported via the new notification API. You need to be on Android 4.3+ and turn on Notification Access for Apex Notifier to get Hangouts support.

v3.2.0 (Dec 20, 2014)
  • New material design UI
  • Added Greek translation
  • Updated translations

v3.1.0 (Oct 25, 2014)
  • Material design UI update for Lollipop

v3.0.2 (Sep 28, 2014)
  • Deprecated support for Starbucks
  • Updated translations

v3.0.1 (Aug 20, 2014)
  • New background for battery card on Android Wear
  • Added Dutch translation
  • Updated translations

v3.0.0 (Jul 27, 2014)
  • Android Wear support (Android 4.3+)
  • Updated translations

v2.0.4 (Jun 20, 2014)
  • Apex Notifier extensions can now be used in other third-party apps.

v2.0.3 (Jun 16, 2014)
  • Minor fixes
  • Updated translations

v2.0.2 (Apr 10, 2014)
  • Fixed bug for HTC Mail
  • Added Traditional Chinese translation

v2.0.1 (Feb 2, 2014)
  • Fixed a German translation error that causes FCs for SMS messages

v2.0 (Feb 1, 2014)
  • Support stock Email on Kitkat
  • Improved WhatsApp support
  • Added Hungarian and Polish translations

v2.0 beta2 (Jan 27, 2014)
  • Support up to 5 DashClock extensions
  • Fixed an FC issue on certain devices
  • Updated translations

v2.0 beta1 (Jan 17, 2014)
  • Added support for Hangouts, WhatsApp, and Google Play (Android 4.3+)
  • Improved DashClock support
  • Removed Google Talk support
  • Added Arabic, German, and Turkish translations

v1.3 (Jun 20, 2013)
  • Improved Gmail and SMS support
  • Added Italian translation

v1.2 (May 15, 2013)
  • Fixed Kaiten Mail DashClock extension option

v1.1 (May 14, 2013)
  • Added support for Kaiten Mail
  • Improved support for unread Email
  • Fixed Samsung Mail dashclock shortcut

v1.0 (May 8, 2013)
  • Release on Google Play

v1.0beta2 (Apr 29, 2013)
  • Fixed a bug with HTC Mail

Last edited:

Aashuk Mehta

Sep 4, 2012
Mumbai
Redmi Note 10
Thanks man you have made the most awesome launcher based on stock launcher and I salute you for that

Sent from my One V using xda premium

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

I think you forgot to add whatsapp to the list

Its an important application people chat more on whatsapp than on gtalk

But thanks anyways:)

Sent from my One V using xda premium

MarcusOptimus

Jul 30, 2012
Casalbore
Apex Notifier is an extension application for Apex Launcher Pro (2.0+) and DashClock Widget (Android 4.2+). It provides notification data to those applications and does nothing on its own.

When used with Apex Launcher Pro, unread counts will show up in badges on application icons. Please enable Apex Notifier in Apex Settings > Notification settings.

When used with DashClock Widget, Apex Notifier displays useful information from various sources. Please enable Apex Notifier in DashClock Extensions > Add Another Extension > Apex Notifier. You may enable up to 3 extensions for DashClock.

Supported Apps

• Missed Calls
  • Unread SMS
  • Calendar Appointments
  • Gmail
  • HTC Mail
  • Samsung Email
  • K-9 Mail
  • Battery Level
  • Stock Email
  • Google Talk
  • Google Voice
  • Starbucks

Notes

• If you update Gmail or install K9-Mail after installing Apex Notifier, you may have to re-install Apex Notifier to get proper permissions.
  • Battery level will be displayed in a numeric badge on Battery apps (the Settings app by default) in Apex Launcher Pro. Some battery settings (e.g., status, time, details) are only applicable for DashClock.
  • Notification data for Email, Google Voice, and Starbucks are retrieved from widgets. Please set up your account in those apps first. Depending on how often each app refreshes its widget, data may not be updated in real time.
  • Features listed under Labs are experimental and may stop working in the future.
  • When used with Apex Launcher Pro, please install Apex Launcher before installing Apex Notifier.
  • Apex Notifier only works with official versions of Apex Launcher Pro (2.0+). Please do not ask for support if you are using a modified or pirated version.

Feature Requests

For now, only apps listed above are supported. Integration with additional apps may be implemented in the future if there is official API or public content provider. There is currently no plan to support apps that do not expose APIs (e.g., WhatsApp, KakaoTalk). It is possible to support those apps by listening to status bar notifications using an accessibility service. However, it is hacky and suffers from some known issues (with Google Now and Talkback etc.)

Developers: Apex Launcher Pro also supports notifications from other apps. Please check out the notifications API at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1930365

Download Link:
Apex Notifier APK

Get Apex Launcher:
Apex Launcher Beta

Hi, thanks for the new features. :)

I want to ask you how i can translate Apex Notifier.

Let me know. Regards.

DanielMalmgren

Aug 4, 2010
Kisa
This sounds great! Can't wait to upgrade my phone to Apex 2 to get a look at it.

How about support for Tasker? That would really make it a killer :D (I don't know whether Tasker has any open api, but I think so)

/Daniel

dennisxl

Mar 30, 2010
www.anddoes.com
Hi, thanks for the new features. :)

I want to ask you how i can translate Apex Notifier.

Let me know. Regards.

Thanks. We'll make it available in our translation system later.

This sounds great! Can't wait to upgrade my phone to Apex 2 to get a look at it.

How about support for Tasker? That would really make it a killer :D (I don't know whether Tasker has any open api, but I think so)

/Daniel

Not sure about Tasker's APIs, but what kind of integration would you like to see?

Reactions: MarcusOptimus

DanielMalmgren

Aug 4, 2010
Kisa
Not sure about Tasker's APIs, but what kind of integration would you like to see?

I'm not really clear yet on what Apex Notifier is able to do, but I'm thinking if it would just change Tasker variables upon events then the user would be able to do pretty cool stuff based on that. Or vice versa, if Tasker could trigger Apex Notifier to send notifications that would be nice as well. Obviously just thinking out of thin air here though :laugh:

Found a page on Tasker's wiki with a list of other apps that integrates with Tasker, guess some of them could give good ideas. http://tasker.wikidot.com/plug-ins-and-3rd-party. Haven't really found any api, but since all those apps does it, I guess it has to be easy :p

/Daniel

edit: I think this is the place to look.

ProphecyAM

Aug 27, 2008
I get a FC for the notifier after installing. After every restart it crashes again. I use a stock Htc One X and the paid version of apex.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

ProphecyAM

Aug 27, 2008
After starting Apex Notifier one times from App drawer I get no fc anymore.

dennisxl

Mar 30, 2010
www.anddoes.com
apex notifier with apex launcher support at 4.2 or 4.0/4.1?

You can use it on Android 4.0.3+. But you'll need 4.2+ if you want to use it with DashClock.

After starting Apex Notifier one times from App drawer I get no fc anymore.

That doesn't seem to make sense to me. I may still fix the FC if other people see it and send me the stacktrace.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Apex Notifier is an extension application for Apex Launcher Pro (2.3+) and DashClock Widget (Android 4.2+). It provides notification data to those applications and does nothing on its own.

NEW: Apex Notifier now supports Android Wear devices!
    Check the battery level of your phone straight from your wrist. There's no need to take the phone out of your pocket just to see how much battery is remaining. When an Android Wear watch is connected to your phone, a battery card appears on the watch that shows you the current battery level and charging status. To set up, just launch Apex Notifier on your phone and turn on Battery > Show on Android Wear. To customize the experience, you may control when the battery card shows up (e.g., when not charging or the battery drops below a certain threshold). You'll also find options to show additional battery information like health, temperature, and voltage.

FAW-01.png FAW-02.png FAW-03.png

When used with DashClock Widget, Apex Notifier displays useful information from various sources. Please enable Apex Notifier in DashClock Extensions > Add Another Extension > Apex Notifier. You may enable up to 5 extensions for DashClock.

Supported Apps

• Missed Calls
    • Unread SMS
    • Calendar Appointments
    • Gmail
    • HTC Mail
    • Samsung Email
    • K-9/Kaiten Mail
    • Battery Level
    • Stock Email
    • Google Talk (deprecated)
    • Google Hangouts (Android 4.3+)
    • WhatsApp (Android 4.3+)
    • Google Play (Android 4.3+)
    • Google Voice
    • Starbucks (deprecated)

Notes

• If you update Gmail or install K-9/Kaiten Mail after installing Apex Notifier, you may have to re-install Apex Notifier to get proper permissions.
    • You do not need this extension for Aqua Mail. Just turn on external notifiers in Apex Launcher Pro, and you will see the unread count badge.
    • Apex Notifier only works with official versions of Apex Launcher Pro (2.3+). Please do not ask for support if you are using a modified or pirated version.

Feature Requests

For now, only apps listed above are supported. Integration with additional apps may be implemented in the future if there is official API or public content provider.

Help Translate

Download from Google Play:
    Apex Notifier

Download APK:
    Apex Notifier APK

Get Apex Launcher:
    Apex Launcher
    Apex Notifier beta is now available from Google Play! Here's how to get beta updates:
    1. First, join the Apex Launcher Beta Google Group. You won't get beta updates unless you are a member of this group. Make sure that you use the same Google account you use for Google Play. This is the same Google Group for Apex Launcher Beta. If you have already joined the group, you may skip this step.
    2. Next, visit this link and click Become a Tester. If you want to leave the beta program, simply return to that link and click Leave the Test.
    3. Finally, visit the Google Play page for Apex Notifier to update to the latest beta version.

Note: As Google replaces Talk with Hangouts, support for Google Talk has been removed since v2.0. Hangouts is supported via the new notification API. You need to be on Android 4.3+ and turn on Notification Access for Apex Notifier to get Hangouts support.

v3.2.0 (Dec 20, 2014)
    • New material design UI
    • Added Greek translation
    • Updated translations

v3.1.0 (Oct 25, 2014)
    • Material design UI update for Lollipop

v3.0.2 (Sep 28, 2014)
    • Deprecated support for Starbucks
    • Updated translations

v3.0.1 (Aug 20, 2014)
    • New background for battery card on Android Wear
    • Added Dutch translation
    • Updated translations

v3.0.0 (Jul 27, 2014)
    • Android Wear support (Android 4.3+)
    • Updated translations

v2.0.4 (Jun 20, 2014)
    • Apex Notifier extensions can now be used in other third-party apps.

v2.0.3 (Jun 16, 2014)
    • Minor fixes
    • Updated translations

v2.0.2 (Apr 10, 2014)
    • Fixed bug for HTC Mail
    • Added Traditional Chinese translation

v2.0.1 (Feb 2, 2014)
    • Fixed a German translation error that causes FCs for SMS messages

v2.0 (Feb 1, 2014)
    • Support stock Email on Kitkat
    • Improved WhatsApp support
    • Added Hungarian and Polish translations

v2.0 beta2 (Jan 27, 2014)
    • Support up to 5 DashClock extensions
    • Fixed an FC issue on certain devices
    • Updated translations

v2.0 beta1 (Jan 17, 2014)
    • Added support for Hangouts, WhatsApp, and Google Play (Android 4.3+)
    • Improved DashClock support
    • Removed Google Talk support
    • Added Arabic, German, and Turkish translations

v1.3 (Jun 20, 2013)
    • Improved Gmail and SMS support
    • Added Italian translation

v1.2 (May 15, 2013)
    • Fixed Kaiten Mail DashClock extension option

v1.1 (May 14, 2013)
    • Added support for Kaiten Mail
    • Improved support for unread Email
    • Fixed Samsung Mail dashclock shortcut

v1.0 (May 8, 2013)
    • Release on Google Play

v1.0beta2 (Apr 29, 2013)
    • Fixed a bug with HTC Mail
    @dennisxl
    Any news about email notifications?

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Arc S mit Tapatalk

It'll be fixed in the coming update.
    Apex Notifier 2.0 beta 1 always crash on my phone after booting / turn on. I use it on CM 11 android 4.4.2 with Apex Launcher 2.3 beta 1 installed.
    Hi.
    Another feature request: Since there's already support for K-9, would it be hard to add support for Kaiten Mail? It's mostly based on K-9.

/Daniel

Kaiten Mail is supported in the latest version.