{{NEW}} One Click Root {4.1.B.0.587/.431 /4.0.2.A.0.62} [Neo/ Neo V]

Search This thread

Nabeel.

Apr 2, 2012
Hi folks
Here is how to root any 2011 Xperia running any of the 4.1.B.0.587 4.1.B.0.431 / 4.1.A.0.562 and 4.0.2.A.0.62 firmware . No need to downgrade kernels or anything, just root it straight away :D

Rooting

Go to settings > Security > Mark "Unknown sources"
Settings > Developer options > Mark USB debugging
Settings > Xperia > connectivity > USB connection mode > select MSC mode
PC Companion installed on your PC.

1) Connect your phone to PC ( IMPORTANT > Skip PC Companion installation pop up on your phone.) and wait for the adb drivers to be installed. If these drivers don't get installed, phone would not be detected by Eroot.
Make sure nothing else ( specially flashtool ) is running on your PC in the background.

2) Download this rooting toolkit. Google Drive /// MediaFire /// 4-Shared and run it. If any downloading starts, cancel it by clicking the green button. Don't let the eroot download anything.
It should now detect your phone and show an option to "-root". Just click on it, wait till it finishes
3)Rooting done ( For confirmation see if any Super User app has been installed )
4) If by chance it fails for the first time, give it another go. it won't harm your phone in any way. If you still face problem, click on show content below

Go to your C:/ Drive / User/Username/AppData/Roaming/ folder and delete the eRoot folder.
If it says cannot be deleted then open up task manager on your PC and kill bec.exe . Then delete eroot folder.

Still not working ? used the archived method to root 2011 Xperia here below the animated Xperia picture.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/398771#398771

5) While posting in the thread for help, remember to give details. Don't just write > "it's not working, help please ".

"Confirmed working on" List

Last edited:
P

Phillip Wu

Confirm working on neo L

For neo L with Tigris Kernel,Vengeance ... :cowboy: ( Unlock BL )

Just connect to PC , and do the steps in OP

For neo L Lock BL

1. Enable USB Debugging from (Menu\Settings\Developer Options\Development)

2. Enable Unknown Sources from (Menu\Settings\Security)

3. Enable MSC Mode from (Menu\Setting\Xperia\Connectivity\USB Connection Mode)

4.Then simply flash MT11i_4.1.A.0.562_kernel via Flashtool

5.Then Root using the tool above , after done manually remove and reinsert battery

6.Then flash back MT25i_4.1.B.0.626_KERNEL ONLY_bywewenk or MT25i_4.1.B.0.631_KERNEL ONLY_bywewenk

*If you are on .626 & .587 use .626 kernel , If you are on .631 then use .631 kernel

Last edited:

Nabeel.

Apr 2, 2012
:good:

Confirm working on neo L

For neo L Lock BL

5.Then Root using the tool above , after done manually remove and reinsert battery

6.Then flash back MT25i_4.1.B.0.626_KERNEL ONLY_bywewenk or MT25i_4.1.B.0.631_KERNEL ONLY_bywewenk

*If you are on .626 & .587 use .626 kernel , If you are on .631 then use .631 kernel
Man you never replied to the other thread :/

Thank you, and thanks for wym986!
It's worked on my Neo V mt11i .587
Great job!
No probs mate, :)
thank you...works on Neo V!:good:
There you go :cool:

Reactions: treWqaz

Nabeel.

Apr 2, 2012
Confirmed working on every Xperia running 4.0.A.2.0.62
:D :D
Great thanks to my friends :D

Jul 18, 2012
Colombo
i have xperia neo MT15a 4.1.B.0.587 ... i follow this step for root. i think root is done.. bt not install super user app.. what is this problem.. plz help me..

finaly display this window

errrv.jpg

Last edited:

Nabeel.

Apr 2, 2012
I tried this app in all GB firmwares and it did nothing. Everything worked perfectly in ICS .587, though. Obviusly this is Neo V.

Thanks!

It works mate, :)

i have xperia neo MT15a 4.1.B.0.587 ... i follow this step for root. i think root is done.. bt not install super user app.. what is this problem.. plz help me..

finaly display this window

Use the archived method to root 2011 xperia here

Reactions: treWqaz

csabbymtc

Jan 3, 2013
Egyek

finaly display this window]

Hmmm, you rooted your phone, and then unrooted it... :)
When you connect your pjone, you have to see: “一键root ” it means: "click to root" or something like that
When you see “恭喜您,获取root 权限成功” it means that "rooting succesful" or so... You have nothing to do after that, just disconnect USB cable, and you can see the superuser app in your app drawer.

BUT I THINK, that you've clicked on the “恭喜您,获取root 权限成功” button... And the software have unrooted your phone. :)
I've made the same mistake at first...

Petitgibus

Jun 12, 2012

BUT I THINK, that you've clicked on the “恭喜您,获取root 权限成功” button... And the software have unrooted your phone. :)

So could you confirm that finally this is the method to unroot the phone?

nutterer

Apr 27, 2013
Hmm.. i connected my xperia neo v 4.1.B.0.587 but eroot didn't detect my device. Anything i should do? Sorry I'm a complete noob :/

Edit: Oh i just had to reinstall my PC companion.. Hahah sorry for being an idiot!!

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2012
Colombo
When you connect your pjone, you have to see: “一键root ” it means: "click to root" or something like that
When you see “恭喜您,获取root 权限成功” it means that "rooting succesful" or so... You have nothing to do after that, just disconnect USB cable, and you can see the superuser app in your app drawer.

hmmm i press root button complete 4 steps but end window is
errrv.jpg

what is this message mean?

csabbymtc

Jan 3, 2013
Egyek
hmmm i press root button complete 4 steps but end window is

It's the rooting error message, 'not successful'...

check these requirements:
and try again...
I don't know what could be the problem... :(

Reactions: Nabeel.
Jul 18, 2012
Colombo
It's the rooting error message, 'not successful'...

check these requirements:
and try again...
I don't know what could be the problem... :(

i try this.. but is not working :(
my device MT15a
build number - 4.1.B.0.587

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks
    Here is how to root any 2011 Xperia running any of the 4.1.B.0.587 4.1.B.0.431 / 4.1.A.0.562 and 4.0.2.A.0.62 firmware . No need to downgrade kernels or anything, just root it straight away :D

Rooting

PC Companion installed on your PC.

1) Connect your phone to PC ( IMPORTANT > Skip PC Companion installation pop up on your phone.) and wait for the adb drivers to be installed. If these drivers don't get installed, phone would not be detected by Eroot.
    Make sure nothing else ( specially flashtool ) is running on your PC in the background.

2) Download this rooting toolkit. Google Drive /// MediaFire /// 4-Shared and run it. If any downloading starts, cancel it by clicking the green button. Don't let the eroot download anything.
    It should now detect your phone and show an option to "-root". Just click on it, wait till it finishes
    3)Rooting done ( For confirmation see if any Super User app has been installed )
    4) If by chance it fails for the first time, give it another go. it won't harm your phone in any way. If you still face problem, click on show content below

Go to your C:/ Drive / User/Username/AppData/Roaming/ folder and delete the eRoot folder.
    If it says cannot be deleted then open up task manager on your PC and kill bec.exe . Then delete eroot folder.

Still not working ? used the archived method to root 2011 Xperia here below the animated Xperia picture.

5) While posting in the thread for help, remember to give details. Don't just write > "it's not working, help please ".

"Confirmed working on" List

finaly display this window]

use Eroot 2.1...

1- download & install Eroot 2.1 & pc companion to ur pc
    2- enable usb debugging & check allow unknown sources
    3- connect ur phone to pc & run eroot
    4-wait until it detects ur device
    5-Press Root button ...& wait to finish....
    Its Done....

firstly root ur device...later ask me for install Custom roms.....
    ;)

IF THIS HELPS U DONT FORGET TO HIT THANKS ;):laugh:
    :good:

Confirm working on neo L

For neo L Lock BL

Man you never replied to the other thread :/

Thank you, and thanks for wym986!
    It's worked on my Neo V mt11i .587
    Great job!
    No probs mate, :)
    thank you...works on Neo V!:good:
    There you go :cool:
    Cheers! It did help removing the memory card, thanks a lot dude. On a side note; is there any particular rom you recommend?

I used to use a lot of custom roms earlier, but right now I'm Sony's stock Lollipop lover ( using rooted Xperia Z right now) :good:

Just one note from my side, whatever rom you choose ( choose amongst the most popular ones) , do see the replies in that thread before installing the rom just to make sure everything is fine and make a note of problems people are facing. If one of the problems listed is of a big deal for you then refrain from installing it

Oh and yeah, if possible, do press the "Thanks" button on the main post of this thread. It really helps others in trusting with the post.
    It's always a good practice on XDA to do that.

Feel free to ask anything on XDA, all the best.