Helping with root method for 3.18

Search This thread

Megadoug13

Dec 17, 2012
Canajoharie, NY
OnePlus 6T
In the past, HTC did not have any sort of write protection on the system or CID partitions.

with build 2.20 on this device, they began doing a partial write-protect on system with still no write protect on CID
at this point, it was possible to change your CID (superCID) to use HTC's official unlock website.

this most recent build implements full WP of both system and CID.

so you can't write to the system partition to install su or Superuser, and you can't change your CID to unlock via their website.

the kernel module you keep seeing worked on 2.20 because the implementation of their write protection was incomplete at the time,
but that's no longer the case, so it won't help get around this issue.

at this point, there is nothing anyone can do, unless they have already unlocked their bootloaders previously.

this was after we did tests and got temp root. we tried module mods, pushing to bin, xbin. pushed su and superuser. we cant get anything done on our devices unless it is the bootloader being unlocked. itd be nice to generate our own unlock_code.bin wouldnt it?

D

Deleted member 3452239

Attachments

• attachment.php.jpg
    attachment.php.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 221
Last edited by a moderator:

Xak

Jan 12, 2013
www.TiTechZone.com
I'd donate as well; tired of seeing AT&T crapware on my HOX. Should've never taken the JB update...:eek:

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Agreed! Would donate as well.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Sent from my Nexus 4

Was that for a jtagging service? If so where did you get it done for that much money! Tell us please? :highfive:

Megadoug13

Dec 17, 2012
Canajoharie, NY
OnePlus 6T
Agreed! Would donate as well.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Was that for a jtagging service? If so where did you get it done for that much money! Tell us please? :highfive:

There is only one known place that does really good jobs for our phones. Go to mobile tech videos

DESERT.TECH

May 30, 2012
I figured out a way to unlock....
It involves a hammer , a body of water, and a fast moving vehicle

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

G

GuestD0213

Hello Doug,venomtester and others,

i came across a root method for HTC Evo 4g LTE (sprint) version 3.16 and hboot 2.09 which just pretty close version to 3.18 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2026938

I wish i could do more (other than searching forums) but i don't have any idea about programming. I hope this is useful as HTC EVO 4g LTE (SPRINT) is twin brother of HTC one x (ATT)

Thanks,

D

Deleted member 3452239

Hello Doug,venomtester and others,

i came across a root method for HTC Evo 4g LTE (sprint) version 3.16 and hboot 2.09 which just pretty close version to 3.18 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2026938

I wish i could do more (other than searching forums) but i don't have any idea about programming. I hope this is useful as HTC EVO 4g LTE (SPRINT) is twin brother of HTC one x (ATT)

Thanks,

That's something different

Sent from my Nexus 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am definitely not doing this for fun lol. I just believe that when we buy phones that they should be ours. To do with as we please. We are paying for phone service not bloatware. We are just a handfull of people compared to the ones who never even worry about rooting or flashing custom Roms. If they lock us out then what will happen to the future of android development. Why build a custom Rom if you can't install it? AT&T can bite me. I will gain root access even if I have to jtag to do it. Even if I didn't have my own equipment I would pay the 100.00 just to piss AT&T off. There are too many intelligent developers not to get into these phones. Have I got it yet? No. Will I get it? Who knows. Will I give up? Never!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    Okay. F*ck this. I'm done trying.

Doug! Don't give up? I've been watching your progress and your learning and doing well with you attempts. Remember Thomas Edison said he found thousands of ways how to not make a light bulb? You could be the next Koush D. Or Steve Kondik. Both my hero's :D

Sent from my One X using xda premium
    I'm 18. I've learned from mistakes. The fact that I'm working with a dev from HTC droid incredible 4g and a new dev for the one vx, incredible 4g and is currently working on vivid to succesfully run sense 4. Meanwhile I am doing animations and HD wallpapers. So what ever I guess. I need to focus on college

Don't give up Megadoug! Do what you love and love what you do. If anyone tries to stand in your way, may their butt be infested with a million crabs and their arms be to short to scratch.
    Well we are working on it. We have to first establish temp root. From there we are home free

First we do and now we don't? Are you sure you are talking to a dev? Or are you just pulling our leg. All of your comments contradict themselves all throughout this thread. :confused:

HTC Evita
    S-Off
    Chameleon OS
    The good news here is this.......

One x, DNA and the HTC one are likely all going to be protected in the same way, so you have your devs here, the DNA forum( including beaups & jcase who are working hard) and the HTC one (this will have a lot of devs onboard) all looking for the exploit. It should a pretty good universal exploit.

Just wanted to throw this out there so I didn't seem like a pessimist the the situation:D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2