FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT] Root Samsung Galaxy S4 with Motochopper

136 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,656
 
By djrbliss, Inactive Recognized Developer on 26th April 2013, 09:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th April 2013, 02:05 AM |#71  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Sorry I am a noob when it comes to rooting.

How exactly do you know if it was successfully rooted? I followed all the steps and my phone rebooted but is there a specific way to know it actually worked?
 
 
27th April 2013, 02:09 AM |#72  
ZPaul2Fresh8's Avatar
Senior Member
Millbury, OH
Thanks Meter: 771
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPaul2Fresh8

Working great. Donation coming your way good sir!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium

I will say that after debloating the ATT crap I get an Unlocked Icon when rebooting

I was worried at first because I thought it was going to halt bootup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoGangUS

Sorry I am a noob when it comes to rooting.

How exactly do you know if it was successfully rooted? I followed all the steps and my phone rebooted but is there a specific way to know it actually worked?

Any app that requires root access will prompt you for super user privileges when opening the app. I.e. titanium backup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium
27th April 2013, 02:11 AM |#73  
sgs22012's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag va,usa
Thanks Meter: 69
 
Donate to Me
More
One great way is to install titanium backup and run. If you're rooted it'll run or confirm access if not you'll get notification that it couldn't get root access...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
27th April 2013, 02:14 AM |#74  
ZPaul2Fresh8's Avatar
Senior Member
Millbury, OH
Thanks Meter: 771
 
Donate to Me
More
Donation sent. Thanks again man!
27th April 2013, 02:15 AM |#75  
azz72's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 122
 
More
So is samsung like htc volume down and power button to install a rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
27th April 2013, 02:19 AM |#76  
paleman27's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Juan
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94

Not yet.... I have to wait a week before I can pick one up it seems.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

I ain't moving an inch until shoman certifies this sh... With all due respect, BTW...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to paleman27 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paleman27 Ad-Free
27th April 2013, 02:19 AM |#77  
Member
Flag Tucson
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Hooray!
Glad to see we have root the night before I get my S4! I am a bit of a noob, so I have a couple quick questions before I come straight home from the AT&T store tomorrow and root my phone.

1. Can someone please be so helpful as to post a link to the proper Samsung USB drivers that we are to have for this process?

2. Just so I understand correctly, are we to install a superuser app or does the exploit place one on the S4 for us?

3. Does this work regardless of whatever firmware version it may show? I noticed a couple of the other root threads payed close attention to that, but no talk of it here?

***Please forgive me for being such a noob, but hopefully I can be the voice of the other noobs and ask the few questions they may have and need answers too like me. And thank you in advance, I love the XDA community!
27th April 2013, 02:33 AM |#78  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbazz1378

1. Can someone please be so helpful as to post a link to the proper Samsung USB drivers that we are to have for this process?

Click on Downloads
samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SPH-L720ZWASPR


Not sure if the carrier matters at all but just in case, these are the steps I took to get there:
samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SGH-i907

Under Mobile click cell phones.

Pick your carrier. Then pick your phone model. Get downloads. Click Downloads tab. And there you go
27th April 2013, 02:38 AM |#79  
scott14719's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 843
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbazz1378

Glad to see we have root the night before I get my S4! I am a bit of a noob, so I have a couple quick questions before I come straight home from the AT&T store tomorrow and root my phone.

1. Can someone please be so helpful as to post a link to the proper Samsung USB drivers that we are to have for this process?

2. Just so I understand correctly, are we to install a superuser app or does the exploit place one on the S4 for us?

3. Does this work regardless of whatever firmware version it may show? I noticed a couple of the other root threads payed close attention to that, but no talk of it here?

***Please forgive me for being such a noob, but hopefully I can be the voice of the other noobs and ask the few questions they may have and need answers too like me. And thank you in advance, I love the XDA community!

There is a tutorial video with links in the "general" section.

However, do yourself a favor, take about a week or so to do some reading through all of the S4 forums before you do anything. Also, read about Samsung and android phones in general to help familiarize yourself with terms and concepts. This will help to educate yourself on some important issues and it will also give a little time to perfect things with rooting, custom recoveries, etc... If you do this, you will be glad.
27th April 2013, 02:53 AM |#80  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Worked for me!

Thanks so much for the tutorial
27th April 2013, 02:56 AM |#81  
JFazYankees's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Will this work on the Verizon model when it's released next month?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes