27th April 2013, 05:17 AM |#91  
Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA
Thanks Meter: 15,614

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg2195

Although I love that this was found...part of me feels it should be in the other dev section...as this method isnt exactpy "original" its a methid for a different phone that just so happens to work...just my .02

Anyways as I already stated edtremly greatful...nice to have root again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Its more original than anything else that will be in this forum. djrbliss is the originating other of the exploit, and the person that located the vulnerability used.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jcase For This Useful Post: [ View ]

27th April 2013, 05:41 AM |#92  
Flag Lexington
Thanks Meter: 47

Donate to Me
More
Success!
Just wanted to post that motochopper worked on my AT&T S4. I had the latest kies installed, so I did have the proper drivers. When first connected, the phone complained about not recognizing kies. It didn't matter.

By the way, if it wasn't already mentioned, to get the developer menu to appear, you have to tap on the build version of the phone about 10 times. It will then show up in settings.

Oh yeah, I used Windows 8 64 bit.

Good luck, and thanks a million.
The Following User Says Thank You to odinfire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift odinfire Ad-Free
27th April 2013, 05:50 AM |#93  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Success
Working on Sprint.

For those that also got stuck at the ADB Started blah blah blah part on windows 7 x64. Double check that there isn't a prompt to allow usb dubugging to connect on the phones screen. I didn't have that popup right away but it did show up on my 3rd try. I am thinking it might be the "Verify Apps" option in Security that caused the problem (it's enabled by default). Also make sure you run the batch and adb files as administrator. hope this helps some of you guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to J666Diablo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J666Diablo Ad-Free
27th April 2013, 05:59 AM |#94  
Thanks Meter: 312

More
Can this be reversed? Just curious. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
27th April 2013, 06:11 AM |#95  
Flag White House
Thanks Meter: 167

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J666Diablo

Working on Sprint.

For those that also got stuck at the ADB Started blah blah blah part on windows 7 x64. Double check that there isn't a prompt to allow usb dubugging to connect on the phones screen. I didn't have that popup right away but it did show up on my 3rd try. I am thinking it might be the "Verify Apps" option in Security that caused the problem (it's enabled by default). Also make sure you run the batch and adb files as administrator. hope this helps some of you guys.

Worked like a charm. The popup on the phone happened to me as well. Total time took about 10 seconds. Thanks again
27th April 2013, 06:36 AM |#96  
Flag Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Confirmed working
Confirmed working, rooted my S4 5 minutes ago. Great job on the root, now I can get my Titanium Backup set back up, no bloatware removals because I already disabled them through application manager built into JB.
27th April 2013, 07:53 AM |#97  
Thanks Meter: 363

Donate to Me
More
Awesome!! u rock........
27th April 2013, 08:12 AM |#98  
Flag Springfield

More
Worked great hear took like 10 sec. thanks time to axe all the att junk.
27th April 2013, 08:27 AM |#99  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredcg

Worked great hear took like 10 sec. thanks time to axe all the att junk.

15 for me, had to go and select usb debugging

anyways, this is the easiest root that i have ever done and it works, i can't wait for roms to come out
27th April 2013, 10:15 AM |#100  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey guys I was reading somewhere on here that the att i9505 needed to be unlocked before you can gain root does that still apply with this way of rooting? and thank you dev for this it makes me want this phone even more now.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app
27th April 2013, 12:55 PM |#101  

More
Thumbs up
Thanks a lot and confirm this is working on international version JDQ39.I9505XXUAMDE
The Following User Says Thank You to etoile For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift etoile Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)