Zero lemon 9300 mah battery

Search This thread

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
Has anyone modded the defender holster to accommodate front facing view? Shaving off the front part of the bottom of the holster?

Last edited:

rmriggin

May 19, 2008
Guessing about 8 hours from however much charge it had when shipped from zero lemon. I strapped it in before bed and removed it after I got off work the next day.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

How long does it take to do a full change?

The charger battery dock is 475ma 1a output and the usb port on it is 800ma out 1a. I'll look up my order and take pictures of my method.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

TabGuy

Jun 20, 2011
The only thing which can make me hesitate is the weight. It will be heavy like an ipad mini lol! About 300grams.

I don't know the weight with an 6200mah battery

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

It actually feels a little heavier than my Galaxy Tab 10.1

farfromovin

Aug 15, 2011
Oxnard, CA
I've been abusing this battery almost all day. Would've just about killed the stock battery by now and I'm at 72%. Installed 3 or 4 different ROMs, lots of backing up and restoring with TB, brightness on high, etc... I can't wait to kill it a few times to see how well it really lasts. This is the best battery of any phone I've had in 10yrs, easy.

pablo71

Apr 19, 2008
Well, got my otter box modded for the ZL. Also soldered wires from the gold pins to extend my NFC and Wireless charging. I had to put some double sided 3M automotive tape on the power and volume buttons, and used a heat gun to stretch the cover a smidge, but all 3 buttons work great! I'm all set lol. Definitely not what most folk would do, but I'm completely functional and other than the slight bulge in the back, looks just like a defender case. Super happy!

I am so so glad you told us how to stretch the rubber/silicone...I did the otterbox mod and was sad the buttons don't reach correctly and was wondering how to stretch it. Also, I believe you can have NFC if you just cut a square out of the plastic back cover (I bought a second back cover with antenna for $10). you will see the zerolemon battery has room under itself to fit on top of the back cover with a square cut out for the battery to slip through...mine fits fine, see photos.

See in the photos how it sits atop the backing with a hole cut out but (I believe) the antennae still is operational. (never tried NFC though)

Attachments

• 20130426_215505.jpg
    20130426_215505.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 461
  • 20130426_215748-1.jpg
    20130426_215748-1.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 449

farfromovin

Aug 15, 2011
Oxnard, CA
I am so so glad you told us how to stretch the rubber/silicone...I did the otterbox mod and was sad the buttons don't reach correctly and was wondering how to stretch it. Also, I believe you can have NFC if you just cut a square out of the plastic back cover (I bought a second back cover with antenna for $10). you will see the zerolemon battery has room under itself to fit on top of the back cover with a square cut out for the battery to slip through...mine fits fine, see photos.

See in the photos how it sits atop the backing with a hole cut out but (I believe) the antennae still is operational. (never tried NFC though)

I don't have room there for the NFC because that's where my 128gb sdcard is :eek: That was my biggest worry with this mod but it fits easy :D

babiegurl36

Dec 11, 2012
Chicago

Is there anyway you can test to make sure your nfc still works please? Me and my daughter sbeam a lot and losing nfc is the one reason I haven't purchased this battery yet.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

locutus34

Mar 11, 2013
lol i see so many people saying the claims 9300 mah is way off a few getting only 2 days.. and you guys all screamed at me for giving it a bad review.. a i told you so is what i should be saying.. this thing is horrible.. the case if you drop it will likely fall off causing phone damage.. now we have to wait for them to make one a hard case.. of course more money for it..

ive had mine idle no screen on 3 days tops.. i got that with the stock battery..

so the claims of 3 times more capacity is just another lie.. one guy said his drops 1% per hour mine did that every 30 minutes.......

no more extended batteries for any of my phones there all made in china china has no standards like the us does.. samsung isnt china and samsung makes the best stuff thats why the stock battery lasts 3 days and barely goes down....... rip me all you want... all yall got pissed at me lol now im the one laughing

D3_

Mar 9, 2010
London
lol i see so many people saying the claims 9300 mah is way off a few getting only 2 days.. and you guys all screamed at me for giving it a bad review.. a i told you so is what i should be saying.. this thing is horrible.. the case if you drop it will likely fall off causing phone damage.. now we have to wait for them to make one a hard case.. of course more money for it..

ive had mine idle no screen on 3 days tops.. i got that with the stock battery..

so the claims of 3 times more capacity is just another lie.. one guy said his drops 1% per hour mine did that every 30 minutes.......

no more extended batteries for any of my phones there all made in china china has no standards like the us does.. samsung isnt china and samsung makes the best stuff thats why the stock battery lasts 3 days and barely goes down....... rip me all you want... all yall got pissed at me lol now im the one laughing

Yeah mate, you're definitely the one laughing, this battery isn't the reason why people only getting 1-2 days of use are getting 15-20 hours of screen on time.
There aren't other users saying they're getting exactly 3x the battery life with this battery
In fact, here are some quotes to show you the usage some people are getting:
For me, I truly am getting 3x the usage out of the ZL battery compared to the stock battery, so it is performing exactly as advertised.

I've been trying to use the last 20 percent for over a day now.

Bought one last week had it in for 2 days ish now and I'm only at 70% its really crazy =D

Not sure if the battery indicator is reliable. I was at 4 percent for almost six hours then another 4 hours before the phone finally shut down.

so the battery is settling into its own now. i went to bed last night after a day and a half off the charger with 41%...woke up with 41%. i just think that the phones are not able to correctly gauge the percentage of battery with these huge batteries

id give it a few more charge cycles, my precentage dropped like that too but then hovered at 74% for like 8 hours then dropped again and hovered at 56% for the night, the phone isnt calibrated yet.

First discharge test complete. 9347mAh.

Test was done with an R/C battery analyzer using a 1Amp discharge rate with 2.9V as the cutoff voltage. I've used this unit and settings before using stock batteries from other phones as a control, it has always been consistent.

Nice work ZL.

16% 3days 5 hours and 11 hours screen time on my first charge...this is clearly the extended battery to get.

Oh, and in regards to the case you say will fall off straight away:
I am not sure why Locust34 states the case is loose. Mine is super tight.

Mine is a snug fit also...

Just because you're not getting what you hoped for from the battery doesn't mean it's not doing its job.
It's also entirely possible that you got a dud, you can contact zerolemon and see what they do about it.
Also, the STOCK battery that comes with the phone is also assembled in china.

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
...mine fits fine, see photos.

How do you make such a clean cut in battery door cover? With dremel tool, exacto knife or another technique?

KosanRio

Feb 10, 2012
Got this guy last Saturday. Charged it to 100% overnight and it went all the way to Thursday afternoon before finally going below 10%. That was with light-moderate use but I'm still incredibly impressed with this battery... and the case is actually pretty nice other than my power button being a little hard to press. I Definitely recommend this battery it's awesome!
IMG_20130421_170851.jpg

Reactions: ajsam4u

ppn7

Feb 17, 2013
Hi.

Do you have any issue with the camera with the case ? The opener of the camera seems to be smaller with the case no?
Anyone tried to take picture or movie with the case ZL and the stock to compare ?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

xmavrickx2005

Jan 31, 2011
SOLD OUT

Already sold out! <sigh>

I emailed to find when they would restock and when the hard case would become avail.
For those interested, here is the reply back from Zero Lemon:

"
We are currently out of stock and will have more in couple days. Please check here for availability: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_w...&field-brandtextbin=ZeroLemon&node=2335752011

We are currently in design stage of the ruggedized case and will let you know once we have a new design ready.
"

I'll post an update if and when I find out more about the hard case. Thx!

Last edited:

juliocmorales93

May 17, 2011
Yeah I ordered mine as soon as it was back in stock. Getting it may 1st. I think I will be fine with the thin TPU, I've only dropped my phone once and it actually just slid out of my pocket. Hit the floor and only the spen got a little dent, all it had was a thin TPU. I know the battery adds weight but again I think I'll be fine.

TabGuy

Jun 20, 2011

How many days I get is unimportant. You seem to be obsessed with that number. The ONLY thing that is important is am I satisfied with the purchase. I'd say the answer to that is a definite yes.

If you're unhappy with your product, just return it and be done with it.

It appears that by your constant bashing of this single product that you are a affiliated with a competitor's product in some way. Very fishy if you ask me.

xmavrickx2005

Jan 31, 2011
I posted this as an answer to when it will be available on amazon.uk in the other zero lemon thread, I'll post here as well for ayone interested:

As for UK, Canada, and other international shipment, here is their statement:

"
International Shipping Outside USA

We are working on our international shipping at the moment. For European clients, these will be available on Amazon.co.uk
by early April 2013. For Canadian clients, this will be available on Amazon.ca by early May 2013.

For customers of other regions, please visit comgateway/shipito/myus for International Shipping.

Thank you again for your support.
"

Since its already close to end of April. I'd guess it will become avail in UK in May.

Also "comgateway/shipito/myus" in their statement should probably be "gateway.com/shipito/myus"

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Recommend Onite 3500mAh for Galaxy Note2!

I don't. Its really a 3100mAh battery. So recommended if you just want a spare battery with stock capacity.
Read this:
http://www.batteryreview.info/revie...g-galaxy-note-2-n7100-samsung-galaxy-note-ii/

Or read the 1 star ratings on amazon.com for the product. This is a general statement, always read the bad ratings on amazon before buying something.

Reactions: ppn7

Old MuckenMire

Feb 9, 2010
For $39.99 it's a no brainer IMO. I use my device very heavily and I'm having problems even running this thing down to 1%...took me 1 day 20 hours to run down the first charge and that was with streaming Google Play Movies for four hours at the end to get the thing to 1%. I run brightness at 100% and I sync everything all the time. The Zero Lemon is a badass battery.

I just hope Zero Lemon makes one of these for the Note 3 :)

rmriggin

May 19, 2008
I dremeled the bottom lip off of the external charger and used a rubber band and gravity to take care of holding the battery in place and make the usb charge outlet accessible. Not the cleanest method but it works.
ywEjZCO.jpeg
mBOhAo6.jpeg
uIEsBEf.jpeg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah mate, you're definitely the one laughing, this battery isn't the reason why people only getting 1-2 days of use are getting 15-20 hours of screen on time.
    There aren't other users saying they're getting exactly 3x the battery life with this battery
    In fact, here are some quotes to show you the usage some people are getting:
    For me, I truly am getting 3x the usage out of the ZL battery compared to the stock battery, so it is performing exactly as advertised.

I've been trying to use the last 20 percent for over a day now.

Bought one last week had it in for 2 days ish now and I'm only at 70% its really crazy =D

Not sure if the battery indicator is reliable. I was at 4 percent for almost six hours then another 4 hours before the phone finally shut down.

so the battery is settling into its own now. i went to bed last night after a day and a half off the charger with 41%...woke up with 41%. i just think that the phones are not able to correctly gauge the percentage of battery with these huge batteries

id give it a few more charge cycles, my precentage dropped like that too but then hovered at 74% for like 8 hours then dropped again and hovered at 56% for the night, the phone isnt calibrated yet.

First discharge test complete. 9347mAh.

Test was done with an R/C battery analyzer using a 1Amp discharge rate with 2.9V as the cutoff voltage. I've used this unit and settings before using stock batteries from other phones as a control, it has always been consistent.

Nice work ZL.

16% 3days 5 hours and 11 hours screen time on my first charge...this is clearly the extended battery to get.

Oh, and in regards to the case you say will fall off straight away:
    I am not sure why Locust34 states the case is loose. Mine is super tight.

Mine is a snug fit also...

Just because you're not getting what you hoped for from the battery doesn't mean it's not doing its job.
    It's also entirely possible that you got a dud, you can contact zerolemon and see what they do about it.
    Also, the STOCK battery that comes with the phone is also assembled in china.
    Review Link :
    http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=44312

Wow, what a beast! Finally, after years of begging, someone finally makes a non rectangular battery! I may have to buy one for that reason alone.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
    not till 2 days after.. see i look at it this way.. you make a promiss you keep it... they should have shipped 1 week before the 15th then it would be on time.. just for failing a promiss they should give a small discount for 24 hours... also these things the way they respond in their emails sound chinese.. that means the battery is made in china we all know extended batteries from china like the 3 i bought 2 months ago all failed within a month... so i hope they wont cut and run or say oh i pay return shipping... no no im not the one that will loose you pay return shipping or reimburse me.. so i hope it holds up to its claims that it is 9300 mah because i will test it

they cant advertise 1 day shipping then you pay for it and it come next week thats false advertising.. i paid 43 total with 1 day shipping..

if mine dosnet show up tomorrow or the next day i will demand my 4 dollars back....

thats 2 red flags on this company so far if i dont get it in 1 day.. 3rd will be it only holds so much charge then fails to live up to its mah

amazon.com sucks.. i talked to a live agent though a chat window.. on why they show the product and why they have 1 day shipping

first it sounded like an indian dude not an american who understood a simple English sentence i wrote..
    second they said they get then from a warehouse from zerolemon... and i said so why did i pay 4 bucks to get my product tomorrow when you dont even have it in stock .... got no answer..... then i notice 1.00 check card authroization on my card.. for singing up to the dumb club.. which i intend to cancel.. and they dont tell you they do. that..

dont shop at amazon they are big ripp offs.. just read there own forum lots of complaints.. so when my battery comes monday i will demand my 4 bucks back seeing how they had free ship anyway and 1 day which was the only choices i had...

wow customer service nowadays is the worst ive seen.. way back when you got answeres now they just tell you to screw off.

great for some others they just dont care.... there is no other website to get this from zerolemon said they only go with amazon.....

i just got the 4 bucks waived they even told me 2 days or more because its not in their stock..

and the 1 dollar charge its to see if you have an good credit card that works.. i told them hey i buy off you all year long how does it not work... it would have been nice to know that before you charged it no where does it state it would have been charged 1 dollar...

again they dont inform you of stuff.... another situation i went with a gameservers.com they screwed me over last week paid them money set up the server server went offline for a week they refused to email me back and explain.. i asked for a refund.. withing 30 seconds i got an email hmmmm...

businesses now dont care about us they have so much broad customers that the 1 customer they can tell screww off .. back in the day it was yes sir and no problem and never any problems.. lately companies dont give a crap.. take gas they just finally said it oh we can charge what we want regardless of demand and supply... we the people have no more power over anything... it has to change...

sorry for spouting off.. but im tired of being stepped on by companies.. this is the 4th time in 2 weeks..

Wow, you are the most ignorant, dim-witted, impatient individual I have ever seen. It was stated MULTIPLE times that the battery wouldn't even be in stock till the 19th and yet you expect Zerolemon and Amazon to cater to you and you alone by shipping it to your door (days before it would even be available to the public) in 1 day because fast shipping was offered on a product that wouldn't even be in stock for a couple more days? You think you're some special person that has to receive everything first? Their PROMISE was to have it available for shipping on the 19th. And then you come up with some absurd assumptions that everyone you "talk" to at Amazon are foreign which just makes you look like an even bigger ignorant fool. You sound like some uneducated schmuck with only half a brain with the way EVERY one of your posts have been typed.

How about you step off your high horse and learn that the world doesn't revolve around you. If I owned a business and you were my customer; I would have told you a long time ago that you could take your business elsewhere because of how rude and ignorant you are. You act like businesses are just robots that are supposed to do as you say but in reality, they're formed from groups of human beings that can pick and choose who they sell to.

If I were Zerolemon, I would have just cancelled your order and refunded all your money and sent an email stating that you were no longer welcome to purchase from my company as that would be my right; you want to be singled out because you think you're special then you would get singled out.

Grow up.
    Could you post some pictures of the case and comment on the feel please? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Holding it seems great, if you put tension on the case like you are going to remove it, it is more flexible than id like. note however, i have no prior experience with TPU cases, or other cell cases..

if i even get exactly 2x the battery life, i would be more than happy. im loving the fact its not a 'hump' on the back. :good:
    It looks to me like their only mistake so far is in answering people's queries about when it might be available. Had they simply refused to give dates, people would still be anxiously waiting.

It's always amazing to me how people feel like they are owed a product on a given date. If the date passes, they feel wronged and get angry. I could understand if the company had accepted their money already, but in this case nobody has paid anything at all. Yet still, people feel entitled and get angry at the company when their idle hopes aren't fulfilled. It seems like a lot of people need to pull up their big boy (girl) pants and learn that the rest of the world doesn't exist merely to cater to them.