FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][APK+SCRIPT+ZIP] Enable Init.d for Any Phones w/o Need of Custom Kernels!!!

3,548 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,203

Post Reply Email Thread
13th April 2013, 09:45 PM |#251  
Flag Surabaya
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
can i get the best script for my SXU ???

19th April 2013, 05:22 PM |#252  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 59

More
I have done everything according to your guide but I can't get in init.d support! I can't see testlog in /data, I have installed the mod using terminal emulator and even tried through app!

Sent from my LG P500 eating tastiest gingerbread ever!
23rd April 2013, 01:41 AM |#253  
Thanks Meter: 235

More
i dont get it... what are you suppose to do in the update-binary? where do i get it? and how do i get it?
23rd April 2013, 01:02 PM |#254  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 28

More
not working for me.
here are the details:
i have Galaxy S3 International I9300 version on stock 4.1.2 firmware. it's rooted.
i installed busybox first. when i run it, it asked for superuser permissions which i granted. it automatically started smart install after i run it. then i waited this smart install to finish. then i clicked install and it asked for smart or normal install. i selected normal install. i install in xbin this time.
then i installed your v1 apk file and clicked activate. after it's success message i clicked verify. this time also got the message done.
then i rebooted 3 times but couldn't find test.log in /data.
then i moved to your troubleshoot steps:

1. Check whether have you installed busybox properly, especially run-parts. REBOOT after installing, then only apply this script.
done
2. If you are using the busybox installer by Stericson, please use "normal installation method", NOT "smart installation method".
done
3. Check whether are these files present with the correct permissions (please change if the permissions are wrong):
- /system/bin/sysint (rwxr-xr-x) [owner: root (0), group: shell (2000)]
- /system/etc/init.d (rwxrwxrwx) [owner: root (0), group: root (0)]
- /system/etc/init.d/00test (rwxrwxrwx) [owner: root (0), group: root (0)]
-/system/etc/init.d/08setperm (rwxrwxrwx) [owner: root (0), group: root (0)]
- /system/etc/install-recovery.sh (rwxr-xr-x) [owner: root (0), group: root (0)]

done - corrected the permissions of init.d folder and files inside it
4. Check whether you have run-parts installed. Go to /system/xbin, you should be able to find a fine named "run-parts"
i couldn't find run-parts in this folder so i downloaded and copied as per your instructions.
5. Check whether you have these lines in /system/etc/install-recovery.sh (if not, please add them in manually, remember to leave an EMPTY line at the end of the file)
Code:

# init.d support
busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d/

corrected as per your instructions

6. If all the above are still not helping, please download this: run-parts.zip and extract it (DO NOT flash it). Place the file named "run-parts" in /system/xbin. Change permissions to rwxrwxrwx, owner to root (o) and group to shell (2000). Reboot and check /data again.

done. permissions are set

Now i repeated the process again with apk file after all these checks. but again couldn't find test.log

then i did step 7 also:
7. Use this as a last resort: Download Script Manager from Play Store: Link. Then navigate to /etc/install-recovery.sh, select it and run as root and at boot (select the skull and gear icon).
did it but no luck

then i tried term-init and zip-init methods also but no lock again.
term-init method: all the message were shown OK and done.

i can't understand what am i doing wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to mintume For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mintume Ad-Free
23rd April 2013, 01:11 PM |#255  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintume

not working for me.
here are the details:
i have Galaxy S3 International I9300 version on stock 4.1.2 firmware. it's rooted.
i installed busybox first. when i run it, it asked for superuser permissions which i granted. it automatically started smart install after i run it. then i waited this smart install to finish. then i clicked install and it asked for smart or normal install. i selected normal install. i install in xbin this time.
then i installed your v1 apk file and clicked activate. after it's success message i clicked verify. this time also got the message done.
then i rebooted 3 times but couldn't find test.log in /data.
then i moved to your troubleshoot steps:

1. Check whether have you installed busybox properly, especially run-parts. REBOOT after installing, then only apply this script.
done
2. If you are using the busybox installer by Stericson, please use "normal installation method", NOT "smart installation method".
done
3. Check whether are these files present with the correct permissions (please change if the permissions are wrong):
- /system/bin/sysint (rwxr-xr-x) [owner: root (0), group: shell (2000)]
- /system/etc/init.d (rwxrwxrwx) [owner: root (0), group: root (0)]
- /system/etc/init.d/00test (rwxrwxrwx) [owner: root (0), group: root (0)]
-/system/etc/init.d/08setperm (rwxrwxrwx) [owner: root (0), group: root (0)]
- /system/etc/install-recovery.sh (rwxr-xr-x) [owner: root (0), group: root (0)]

done - corrected the permissions of init.d folder and files inside it
4. Check whether you have run-parts installed. Go to /system/xbin, you should be able to find a fine named "run-parts"
i couldn't find run-parts in this folder so i downloaded and copied as per your instructions.
5. Check whether you have these lines in /system/etc/install-recovery.sh (if not, please add them in manually, remember to leave an EMPTY line at the end of the file)
Code:

# init.d support
busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d/

corrected as per your instructions

6. If all the above are still not helping, please download this: run-parts.zip and extract it (DO NOT flash it). Place the file named "run-parts" in /system/xbin. Change permissions to rwxrwxrwx, owner to root (o) and group to shell (2000). Reboot and check /data again.

done. permissions are set

Now i repeated the process again with apk file after all these checks. but again couldn't find test.log

then i did step 7 also:
7. Use this as a last resort: Download Script Manager from Play Store: Link. Then navigate to /etc/install-recovery.sh, select it and run as root and at boot (select the skull and gear icon).
did it but no luck

then i tried term-init and zip-init methods also but no lock again.
term-init method: all the message were shown OK and done.

i can't understand what am i doing wrong.

Your busybox must be corrupted...I said, use normal installation right from the beginning...type this in terminal emulator and post the output:
Code:
which run-parts
Also look for any lines that contain "install-recovery" in /init.rc...if you can't find one, means this hack will not work for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayazm.140895

I have done everything according to your guide but I can't get in init.d support! I can't see testlog in /data, I have installed the mod using terminal emulator and even tried through app!

Sent from my LG P500 eating tastiest gingerbread ever!

No details, no support...
23rd April 2013, 03:28 PM |#256  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuinferno

Your busybox must be corrupted...I said, use normal installation right from the beginning...type this in terminal emulator and post the output:

Code:
which run-parts
Also look for any lines that contain "install-recovery" in /init.rc...if you can't find one, means this hack will not .

I checked init.rc, there is line which contains install-recovery.
Here is output of 'which run-parts' on terminal: system/xbin/run-parts
23rd April 2013, 03:53 PM |#257  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
No idea then...things should work...delete install-recovery.sh and start over...or just use a custom kernel...there are many for the s3 anyway...to me, it seems that your busybox is acting weirdly...cause the script manager trick always works...
27th April 2013, 12:35 PM |#258  
Flag Pekanbaru
Thanks Meter: 8

More
every step i followed and its say done without any error message (i believe my eyes still good) using term-ini.sh
i've rebooted twice but, there is no test.log in my /data folder
i'm using samsung galaxy mini, gingerbread XWKT9
27th April 2013, 03:05 PM |#259  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Post your /etc/install-recovery.sh here...and check whether /init.rc has the line "install-recovery" in it or not...my guess is that you are using Link2sd or something similar...So install-recovery.sh might be modified...
27th April 2013, 03:44 PM |#260  
Flag Lyon, France
Thanks Meter: 7,252

Donate to Me
More
@Ryuinferno Hey bro!
While working on Pimp my Rom's bew beta, I came up with a way to grant init.d support to any device, which happens all on the app side, no need for install-recovery.sh (or any other file) modifications.

The concept is very simple but it's what makes it powerful and truly universal :

Using Android's BroadcastReceivers mechanism, the app detects whenever the device is rebooted, and when it does, after the boot is completed, it will execute all the scripts inside /system/etc/init.d automatically.
I also refined the kernel init.d support testing, it now requires a reboot but will really detect if the user's kernel has init.d support by creating a simple init.d script that creates a file on the sdcard, and after the reboot, the app will check if the file has indeed been generated, if it does, the kernel has init.d support so the app is useless, otherwise, it doesn't.

Finally, I added options to manage the init.d scripts (edit/delete/run), and will probably soon add an option to select your "init.d" folder (i.e make it so that /sdcard/newinitd is considered as /system/etc/init.d and the app will execute all the scripts in it instead of in the real init.d folder).

The standalone app is fully open-source, so if you want to fork it/add it here/modify it to your needs, go ahead, it's yours : http://github.com/Androguide/Universal-init.d
I attached a signed apk to this post.

Here are a few screenshots :

Also, I wanted to ask you some help ;
I could definitely use your bash knowledge for a new project I started, which allows to flash zips without using a recovery, if you got time, please go take a look and tell me if you see any mistake or better bash translations of updater-script commands. (thread here)

-
Attached Files
File Type: apk universal-init.d.apk - [Click for QR Code] (855.4 KB, 107 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Androguide.fr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Androguide.fr Ad-Free
27th April 2013, 07:53 PM |#261  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 832

More
"Your device doesn't have init.d support . " I'm running 4.2.2 on Samsung galaxy exhibit

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, init.d, stock kernel, terminal emulator
Previous Thread Next Thread