[new release] One more taskbar battery meter

Search This thread

bright17

Jul 15, 2008
hi. i'm just new here. how do i run the lvmtopbat file on my xda iis? i've already downloaded it but when i clicked the file on my phone, nothing happened.

thanks.

bright17

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
look on the top and u willnotice the batttery bar

also make sure u place it in ur startup folder so u dnt have to run it maunally always

qsoft

Jun 27, 2007
Hi,

Try to reboot your PDA, bcause it starts just under booting method....

Or if not this the right question,
i make some mistake everytime, when i install this app... :D

hi. i'm just new here. how do i run the lvmtopbat file on my xda iis? i've already downloaded it but when i clicked the file on my phone, nothing happened.

thanks.

bright17

gustav_2000

Aug 1, 2008
Cool Tool

Really easy and small app, together with Pocket Digital Clock I've now all information on my Homescreen I want. Really cool. THX.

frankencowx

Jan 9, 2009
hi im using this on xperia and i can get it to show, but it always remains at full, ive not seen it drop yet and ive had the phone on with wifi and many other apps for a while now. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it remains at full always. Even in the system> power settings on the actual device it seems the power is locked to full. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

levenum

Retired Moderator
Jul 13, 2005
Hello everyone.
I apologize for not replying but I have not visited this thread for month.
A while back I switched all my development efforts to Linux based software so I no longer maintain my projects here.

To answer some of your questions:
frankencowx:http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=1477769 my app gets the information from the battery driver through standard API (system functions) same as the default applet under Settings->System->Power
This is why it behaves a bit differently on different devices or ROM versions.
It does not however effect any other battery meter that you might have on the device including the built in one.

If you do not see correct indication of the battery percentage in Settings->System->Power there might be a problem with the driver or with the battery it self (maybe bad sensor).

MrAdelphi02: Its not possible to change the color of the indicator unless you are willing to use a resource editor to change the exe.
I suggest you use this program insted which is based on my app but has the edvantage of using bitmap files which can easyly be replaced to make it look any way you want.

Thank you every one for yor complements!
http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=1448058

RZA0018

Apr 28, 2008
It goes blue when charging, and I would really like to know if anyone got purple. According to MSDN documentation, there can be an 'undetermined' state reported by the system, but I doubt it can be encountered while device actually functions.

malatesta:Nice 8)

My Xperia got purple and not charging... maybe because I'm using a no name charger :)
With his charger everything is ok (blue) ;)

a15e9e

Nov 17, 2008
man, this's just the thing I was wanting to my BA, fresh and clean meter! Thank ya!

criminalogic

Oct 11, 2008
OTTAWA
Perfect!
i have tryed and used alot of battery & memory meters.. This is one of my favorates! grate work & thanks for this.. just what i needed!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello.

I recently decided that the i-mate tray battery meter was not good enough for my needs and wanted to find a better one. After a few hours of looking and not finding one that was perfect for me I wondered: how hard is it to write one?
    Well, apparently its very easy.

I decided to share the result with the community. There are much better ones out there, but perhaps someone will find this one suitable as well.

Whats so special about it?
    Its tiny! Only 8.5k. Downside of this - it doesn't have any options, nor do I intend to add any in the future to keep current size. Also it receives notifications on battery as they come in, so its very accurate without having to constantly check the battery and generate unnecessary CPU load.

It takes its behavior from the device driver which is why it will act differently on different devices when battery is charging. (Some devices report battery full, others report accurate percentage, yet others "slide" it in a loop).

Also it starts just after MS logo (as you can see from the screen shot I have that space occupied) and doesn't fill the whole screen (14 pixels are left so the units could be evenly sized).

Well here it is, enjoy View attachment LvmTopBat.cab

For those who wish to learn how this program works, or to create another using it as a base, here is the entire project:
    View attachment LVMTopBat.zip
    The project compiles under eVC 4 with Windows Mobile 2003 SDK.
    This program is now released under GNU/GPL v3.0
    (See License.txt for more info)

Hope you will find it useful.