FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM/4.2.2] [June 03 2013] VJ CM10.1 | Jelly Bean 4.2.2 - v6.3 Stock/Sense/Data++

754 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,438
 
By vijendrahs, Senior Member on 28th December 2012, 07:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th April 2013, 01:14 PM |#3251  
paolo-red1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere in the middle of Italy
Thanks Meter: 264
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytung

If you can provide logcat, it'll be better to identify the issue.

I quoted you so you can see this in notification. Please take a look at ukanth's logcat above.

To others: guys talk about sd-card in general thread
 
 
28th April 2013, 02:02 PM |#3252  
tytung's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15,085
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukanth

@tytung,

Here is the logcat.

* Video recording starts and records, but while saving it hung. I can see the file from Gallery. But it doesn't play
* Camera works without any glitches
* I was able to play the videos recorded from my previous gallery

EDIT: After changing the video codec to h264, it doesn't even record

Thank you.
OMX.google.mpeg4.encoder is software video encoder.
So the hardware video encoder 'OMX.qcom.video.encoder.mpeg4' is not used by Desire.
Code:
D/QualcommCameraHardware(  125): virtual android::status_t android::QualcommCameraHardware::s
E/VideoencOMX(  125): get_instance::682 Singleton Class can't created more than one instance
I/SoftMPEG4Encoder(  125): Construct SoftMPEG4Encoder
I/OMXCodec(  125): [OMX.google.mpeg4.encoder] setVideoInputFormat width=640, height=480
E/OMXCodec(  125): [OMX.google.mpeg4.encoder] Found supported color format: 21
W/OMXCodec(  125): Error correction param query is not supported
Besides, [OMX.google.aac.encoder] for audio encoding is missing.
Code:
E/OMXCodec(  125): [OMX.google.aac.encoder] source failed to start: -38

The correct logcat should be as follows. (From HD2's working hardware video encoder)
Code:
D/QualcommCameraHardware(   80): virtual android::status_t android::QualcommCameraHardware::setParameters(const android::CameraParameters&), final_rc=0
E/VideoencOMX(   80): component_init::326 Initializing component OMX.qcom.video.encoder.mpeg4
E/VideoencOMX(   80): component_init::626 we are now in the OMX_StateLoaded state
I/OMXCodec(   80): [OMX.qcom.video.encoder.mpeg4] setVideoInputFormat width=640, height=480
E/OMXCodec(   80): [OMX.qcom.video.encoder.mpeg4] Found supported color format: 21
I enabled the debug info and added some libs for trying to fix the missing audio lib.
Please flash Desire_HW_video_decoding_and_encoding_for_CM-10.1_update.zip and report back.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tytung For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tytung Ad-Free
28th April 2013, 02:30 PM |#3253  
ukanth's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,320
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytung

Thank you.
OMX.google.mpeg4.encoder is software video encoder.
So the hardware video encoder 'OMX.qcom.video.encoder.mpeg4' is not used by Desire.

Code:
D/QualcommCameraHardware(  125): virtual android::status_t android::QualcommCameraHardware::s
E/VideoencOMX(  125): get_instance::682 Singleton Class can't created more than one instance
I/SoftMPEG4Encoder(  125): Construct SoftMPEG4Encoder
I/OMXCodec(  125): [OMX.google.mpeg4.encoder] setVideoInputFormat width=640, height=480
E/OMXCodec(  125): [OMX.google.mpeg4.encoder] Found supported color format: 21
W/OMXCodec(  125): Error correction param query is not supported
Besides, [OMX.google.aac.encoder] for audio encoding is missing.
Code:
E/OMXCodec(  125): [OMX.google.aac.encoder] source failed to start: -38

The correct logcat should be as follows. (From HD2's working hardware video encoder)
Code:
D/QualcommCameraHardware(   80): virtual android::status_t android::QualcommCameraHardware::setParameters(const android::CameraParameters&), final_rc=0
E/VideoencOMX(   80): component_init::326 Initializing component OMX.qcom.video.encoder.mpeg4
E/VideoencOMX(   80): component_init::626 we are now in the OMX_StateLoaded state
I/OMXCodec(   80): [OMX.qcom.video.encoder.mpeg4] setVideoInputFormat width=640, height=480
E/OMXCodec(   80): [OMX.qcom.video.encoder.mpeg4] Found supported color format: 21
I enabled the debug info and added some libs for trying to fix the missing audio lib.
Please flash Desire_HW_video_decoding_and_encoding_for_CM-10.1_update.zip and report back.

Thanks @tytung,

Please find the logcat. It's same as before. This time it starts the recording but hangs on stop.
Attached Files
File Type: txt camera_logcat2.txt - [Click for QR Code] (50.9 KB, 15 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to ukanth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2013, 02:43 PM |#3254  
tytung's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15,085
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukanth

Thanks @tytung,

Please find the logcat. It's same as before. This time it starts the recording but hangs on stop.

Thanks.
OMX.google.aac.encoder is working fine now.
But your logcat is not complete.
I can only identify the following errors.
Code:
E/VideoencOMX( 1752): send_command::728 sending command MSG_ID_STATE_CHANGE: 2 state => 3 state
E/VideoencOMX( 1752): process_state_change::2633 go to OMX_StateExecuting
E/VideoencDEV( 1752): venc_drv_open::224 VENC_DRV_OPEN: FAILURE:venc_ioctl_initialize_done_recved FALSE
E/VideoencDEV( 1752): venci_process_command_start::2832 VENC_DRV_OPEN: failed synchrnously!
E/VideoencDEV( 1752): venc_drv_ioctl::464 VENC_DRV_IOCTL: FAILURE:venc_ioctl_rc_config_done_recved FALSE
E/VideoencDEV( 1752): venci_process_command_start::2861 VENC_DRV_IOCTL returns synchronous error for RC config cmd
E/VideoencDEV( 1752): venc_drv_ioctl::393 VENC_DRV_IOCTL: FAILURE:venc_ioctl_intra_refresh_done_recved FALSE
E/VideoencDEV( 1752): venci_process_command_start::2881 VENC_DRV_IOCTL returns synchronous error for IR config cmd
Update:
After searching, I found this post which has the same error: venc_drv_open::224 VENC_DRV_OPEN: FAILURE:venc_ioctl_initialize_done_recved FALSE
So the problem is your kernel.


Please provide a more complete log including something in the following.
Code:
V/videocamera( 1675): stopVideoRecording
V/videocamera( 1675): Releasing media recorder.
V/videocamera( 1675): closeCamera
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tytung For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tytung Ad-Free
28th April 2013, 04:09 PM |#3255  
ukanth's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,320
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytung

Thanks.
OMX.google.aac.encoder is working fine now.
But your logcat is not complete.
I can only identify the following errors.

Code:
E/VideoencOMX( 1752): send_command::728 sending command MSG_ID_STATE_CHANGE: 2 state => 3 state
E/VideoencOMX( 1752): process_state_change::2633 go to OMX_StateExecuting
E/VideoencDEV( 1752): venc_drv_open::224 VENC_DRV_OPEN: FAILURE:venc_ioctl_initialize_done_recved FALSE
E/VideoencDEV( 1752): venci_process_command_start::2832 VENC_DRV_OPEN: failed synchrnously!
E/VideoencDEV( 1752): venc_drv_ioctl::464 VENC_DRV_IOCTL: FAILURE:venc_ioctl_rc_config_done_recved FALSE
E/VideoencDEV( 1752): venci_process_command_start::2861 VENC_DRV_IOCTL returns synchronous error for RC config cmd
E/VideoencDEV( 1752): venc_drv_ioctl::393 VENC_DRV_IOCTL: FAILURE:venc_ioctl_intra_refresh_done_recved FALSE
E/VideoencDEV( 1752): venci_process_command_start::2881 VENC_DRV_IOCTL returns synchronous error for IR config cmd
Update:
After searching, I found this post which has the same error: venc_drv_open::224 VENC_DRV_OPEN: FAILURE:venc_ioctl_initialize_done_recved FALSE
So the problem is your kernel.


Please provide a more complete log including something in the following.
Code:
V/videocamera( 1675): stopVideoRecording
V/videocamera( 1675): Releasing media recorder.
V/videocamera( 1675): closeCamera

Sorry about the half log. Here is the complete log. I can see upto "Releasing media recorder"

I couldn't upload it here, please get from my dropbox.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...date_full1.log

Thanks for your time to look into this issue.

one more thing, do I need to change the media_profiles.xml to use h264 instead of m4v ?
I see that in the zip it's still using m4v ?


UPDATE: After changing the media codec in media_profiles.xml, it doesn't hang anymore. But the video doesn't save to storage

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ra_update3.log
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ukanth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2013, 04:49 PM |#3256  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
moving to CM10
after reboots and slow performance and then lose of contacts during reboot, i have moved to CM10 v 4.0 with TouchWiz 5 last nite.

So far its running smooth with no reboots, one problem though that I can't set the location in the Weather widget. I tried do the fix of Location.apk file that was posted here for 6.0 problem. But there is no Location.apk file existing in the system/app folder that is to be replaced.

Any help how to fix the location information in the Weather widget. One a curiosity note if I want to install S4 theme that is available online, how can I switch to that on CM10 v4.0.

thanks for the help and great work VJ.
28th April 2013, 06:37 PM |#3257  
tytung's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15,085
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukanth

Sorry about the half log. Here is the complete log. I can see upto "Releasing media recorder"

I couldn't upload it here, please get from my dropbox.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...date_full1.log

Thanks for your time to look into this issue.

one more thing, do I need to change the media_profiles.xml to use h264 instead of m4v ?
I see that in the zip it's still using m4v ?


UPDATE: After changing the media codec in media_profiles.xml, it doesn't hang anymore. But the video doesn't save to storage

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ra_update3.log

Thanks.
Audio recording is working (59 frames), but video recording (0 frames) is not.
You need to change the kernel to fix the below error to make video recording working.
venc_drv_open::224 VENC_DRV_OPEN: FAILURE:venc_ioctl_initialize_done_recved FALSE.
Then you can enjoy H/W video recording.
Code:
I/MPEG4Writer( 1253): Received total/0-length (0/0) buffers and encoded 0 frames. - video

I/MPEG4Writer( 1253): Received total/0-length (60/0) buffers and encoded 59 frames. - audio
BTW, is H/W video decoding working or not?
If it works, you will see OMX.qcom.video.decoder.mpeg4 when playing a mp4 file.
Code:
I/OMXCodec(   80): [OMX.qcom.video.decoder.mpeg4] video dimensions are 640 x 480
You will see OMX.qcom.video.decoder.avc when playing a 720p H.264 avi file.
Code:
I/OMXCodec(80): [OMX.qcom.video.decoder.avc] AVC profile = 100 (High), level = 31
I/OMXCodec(80): [OMX.qcom.video.decoder.avc] video dimensions are 1280 x 704
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tytung For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tytung Ad-Free
28th April 2013, 06:51 PM |#3258  
tytung's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15,085
 
More
Regarding changing m4v to h264, I forgot that you need to edit media_codecs.xml as well.
Please flash Desire_HW_video_decoding_and_encoding-h264_for_CM-10.1_update.zip and report back.
  • Disabled debug info. (replace libstagefright.so)
  • Edited media_codecs.xml and media_profiles.xml to change from m4v to h264.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to tytung For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tytung Ad-Free
28th April 2013, 08:07 PM |#3259  
x3m.zone's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cluj-Napoca
Thanks Meter: 501
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytung

Regarding changing m4v to h264, I forgot that you need to edit media_codecs.xml as well.
Please flash Desire_HW_video_decoding_and_encoding-h264_for_CM-10.1_update.zip and report back.

  • Disabled debug info. (replace libstagefright.so)
  • Edited media_codecs.xml and media_profiles.xml to change from m4v to h264.

Now the recording seems to work (not freeze anymore on Stop Rec), but simply i cant find the recorded video file. Or maybe do not save the recorded file...

Sent from my HTC Desire
28th April 2013, 08:10 PM |#3260  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3m.zone

Now the recording seems to work (not freeze anymore on Stop Rec), but simply i cant find the recorded video file. Or maybe do not save the recorded file...

Sent from my HTC Desire

Same here...

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app
29th April 2013, 09:19 AM |#3261  
Malk4ever's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Trantor
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Got a lot Reboots so far
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes