27th April 2013, 10:10 PM |#21  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,151

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emwno

Flash Experimental #4 for your specific device (from my thread). Its working properly now.

Great news thanks. Have both variants of TWRP been tested and verified working fine as I see you updated them to public release but someone had problems with the touch mapping.

EDIT: Nevermind I see from the thread that the touch mapping is still being worked on but at least cwm is working well now.

Mark.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free

28th April 2013, 07:27 AM |#22  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emwno

Flash Experimental #4 for your specific device (from my thread). Its working properly now.

will update it tonight when i get home.
thanks for your work on these recoveries

update: just flashed #4 and CWM recovery working well now. thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sardo Numspa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sardo Numspa Ad-Free
29th April 2013, 11:15 AM |#23  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 8.0 PUBLIC VERSION V1.1 RELEASED!!

This Toolkit is now out of test phase and released as a public version.

Changelog:
ToolKit v1.1 (29th April 2013)
+Updated Toolkit to public release
+Updated cwm recovery [ported by emwno] to Ex4 which is almost perfect now [TWRP still being worked on]
+Updated some of the Toolkit procedures
+Minor improvements

Download link in first post.

Professional users can Auto Update to the latest version directly via the Toolkit.

Mark.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free
29th April 2013, 01:07 PM |#24  
Flag Childers
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Thank you Mark for all the fine work your doing,it's very much appreciated,auto updated as soon as i read this.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmman Ad-Free
30th April 2013, 03:54 PM |#25  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Very cool! working like a dream.

You'd be my hero if you could get this running on MacOS, but switching to boot camp isn't much hassle. This is definitely worth a donation, look forward to more development from you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elmwood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elmwood Ad-Free
1st May 2013, 12:22 PM |#26  
Flag Long Island, New York
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Thank you boss you helped me when I first rooted my Galaxy Nexus, lol you were a reason why Im ADDICTED TO ANDROID DEVELOPMENT (forget all that FLASH_A_HOLIC) im interested and respect it as a WHOLE, but this sounds unfriendly and its not meant to be. Just a emotional THANKS, your the man!
2nd May 2013, 03:48 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
I keep trying to install cwm with toolkit and even though Odin says success, when I reboot into recovery I keep getting stock recovery.. What could be going wrong?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app
2nd May 2013, 04:06 PM |#28  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraker007

I keep trying to install cwm with toolkit and even though Odin says success, when I reboot into recovery I keep getting stock recovery.. What could be going wrong?

did you flash insecure boot image first?
2nd May 2013, 06:36 PM |#29  
Flag Lumut
Thanks Meter: 10

More
How step to install cwm? Im new

Sent from my GT-N5100 using xda premium
3rd May 2013, 10:02 AM |#30  
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraker007

If the stock recovery keeps coming back after flashing a custom recovery then your system has the 2 recovery restore files present.

The 2 files need renaming to stop the stock recovery being flashed on a reboot.

The files are /system/recovery-from-boot.p and /system/etc/install-recovery.sh but you need root to modify them so if you go through the root process in the toolkit they will automatically be renamed and the custom recovery will stick.

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free
9th May 2013, 09:16 AM |#31  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 19,311

Donate to Me
More
Hello
Hello to you all and thanks for this great toolkit.

I just got some questions regarding this as I'm new to this Galaxy Note 8.0

-The toolkit works fine but when I do root all in one option it replaces the recovery and boot.img but the root app and busybox is not installed.
I need to flash the zip "SuperSU-1.25-Busybox-RenameRecoveryRestore" to get root and busybox, so no problem but I tought it was done automaticly?

-When I take a beckup I get these file , A and B files , if I restore all goes well but why is the .tar divided in A and B files?
(see screenshot)

-Is there a other way to back up my IMEI/EFS as it is not supported in the toolkit? (sorry but this is the first samsung I got)

Now I made a all in one package that you flash from cwm (I added some stuff)

Init.d support , zipalign at boot if new apps are installed , I/O tweak in init.d(1000points extra in quadrant) and the stuff that was already included, SU , Rename recovery, Busybox (I updated it with 1.21.0) and insecure boot.

credits for the init.d support:Ryuinferno @ XDA

After flashing the zip don't let the recovery "Disable recovery flash" as it is needed for the init.d support, don't worry your custom recovery won't be overwritten.

So the only thing you need to be one is a custom cwm.

EDIT:
New package, I added Init.d in the boot.img so it doesn't use the install_recovery.sh anymore.
This is a much cleaner way to get it.

So this package will do the following:
  • SuperSu 1.25
  • BusyBox 1.21.0
  • Rename recovery on boot installation.sh
  • Install insecure boot.img with init.d support
  • Init.d folder (system/etc/init.d) with test file to see if it working (data= Test.log) , zipalign, I/O tweak
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-05-09-09-57-21.jpg
Views:	884
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	1947947  
Attached Files
File Type: zip CivZ-GT-N5110-Insecureboot_init_support-Root-BusyBox.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.26 MB, 599 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to civato For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift civato Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)