FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][2013.01.09] Lenovo A789,P700i,A660 custom ROM (ICS)

1,205 posts
Thanks Meter: 470
 
By cybermaus, Senior Member on 7th September 2012, 07:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th April 2013, 01:54 PM |#221  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Arrow A660 Recent Apps
[Lenovo A660]

I've found another solution for the "recent apps-button"-problem.
Open /system/usr/Generic.kl /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl and

add:
Code:
key 194   RECENT_APP        // Isn't tested yet - I found it in the Stockrom
or (!)

add:
Code:
key 194   APP_SWITCH        // Works, but it's not the "real" recent app view
When you've changed it, you don't need an app or workaround for this key anymore.

[EDIT: You need a rooted device and you have to restart your device or it wouldn't work!]
The Following User Says Thank You to blablabla123456789 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blablabla123456789 Ad-Free
 
 
29th April 2013, 02:19 PM |#222  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
i am using 109 v3.3 for p700i, so far so good

Sent from my Lenovo P700i using Tapatalk 2
30th April 2013, 05:56 AM |#223  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Does the new firmware P700i_S109_ROW_130131 work with A789 V13
Quote:
Originally Posted by amresh

No!! P700i_S109_ROW_130131 firmware is only for P700i and I am almost sure it won't work on your A789. However, if clicking "System update" shows this new firmware then you can safely go ahead with it. But remember, only use ROM which was downloaded during "System update" process and not one available on net.

@amresh;40838587 thanks , if P700i_S109_ROW_130131 firmware is is only for P700i then how can I use for A789 although it downloaded from system updated.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

[/COLOR @amresh , I use "cybermaus" A789_ROW_S107_cybermaus_ICS_v3.21 rom on my Lenovo A789 mobile. For a long period I do not use video call . Yesterday I make a video call but unfortunately my front camera ( for video calling front camera ) it is not working but my back camera a is working with video calling. How can I solve it?
Please help me.[COLOR="Silver"]
3rd May 2013, 06:17 AM |#224  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
My front camera ( for 3g video calling front camera ) it is not working
I have used "cybermaus" A789_ROW_S107_cybermaus_ICS_v3.21 rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1874403) on my Lenovo A789 mobile. After installing this rom I did not checked my 3g video call for a long period . on 29.04.13 I make a video call but unfortunately my front camera ( for 3g video calling front camera ) it is not working but my back camera a is working with video calling. How can I solve it? It is noted that when I use the camera for Picture it works (Both Back & Front camera ) but in the 3g video calling time the front camera does not work.

Please help me.
5th May 2013, 12:27 PM |#225  
faust.deaconu's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
scatter file
what is scatter file and where can i find them?
6th May 2013, 05:18 AM |#226  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
My front camera ( for 3g video calling front camera ) it is not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by faust.deaconu

what is scatter file and where can i find them?

@faust.deaconu;41064489 my scatter file MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc .I got it from my collegue
6th May 2013, 11:23 AM |#227  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
unfortunately my front camera ( for 3g video calling front camera ) it is not working
I have flashed with "cybermaus" A789_ROW_S107_cybermaus_ICS_v3.21 rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1874403) my Lenovo A789 mobile. After installing this rom unfortunately my front camera ( for 3g video calling front camera ) it is not working but my back camera a is working with video calling. How can I solve it? It is noted that when I use the camera for Picture it works (Both Back & Front camera ) but in the 3g video calling time the front camera does not work.

It is also noted that , I am facing this problem for few day and I posted this issue but the custom rom maker (cybermaus)do not giving my answer. Hence it is wise decision to install is custom rom ?

Now what can I do?
7th May 2013, 05:29 AM |#228  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
One question to modarator .
Quote:
Originally Posted by smollah

I have flashed with "cybermaus" A789_ROW_S107_cybermaus_ICS_v3.21 rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1874403) my Lenovo A789 mobile. After installing this rom unfortunately my front camera ( for 3g video calling front camera ) it is not working but my back camera a is working with video calling. How can I solve it? It is noted that when I use the camera for Picture it works (Both Back & Front camera ) but in the 3g video calling time the front camera does not work.

It is also noted that , I am facing this problem for few day and I posted this issue but the custom rom maker (cybermaus)do not giving my answer. Hence it is wise decision to install is custom rom ?

Now what can I do?

It is to inform to all I have used above theared and lashed with "cybermaus" A789_ROW_S107_cybermaus_ICS_v3.21 rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1874403) my Lenovo A789 mobile. After installing this rom unfortunately my front camera ( for 3g video calling front camera ) it is not working but my back camera a is working with video calling. How can I solve it? It is noted that when I use the camera for Picture it works (Both Back & Front camera ) but in the 3g video calling time the front camera does not work.

I have posted the problem several time but the writer of theared "cybermaus" do not replying or giving solution. So I think the modarator should banded this post . Other wise people face problem with this custom rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1874403)
8th May 2013, 09:54 AM |#229  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Changing the custom rom of "cybermaus" A789_ROW_S107_cybermaus_ICS_v3.21
I have flashed with "cybermaus" A789_ROW_S107_cybermaus_ICS_v3.21 rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1874403) my Lenovo A789 mobile. After installing this rom unfortunately my front camera ( for 3g video calling front camera ) it is not working but my back camera a is working with video calling. How can I solve it? It is noted that when I use the camera for Picture it works (Both Back & Front camera ) but in the 3g video calling time the front camera does not work.

It is also noted that , I am facing this problem for few day and I posted this issue but the custom rom maker (cybermaus)do not giving my answer. I am regret to say that , I am changing the "cybermaus" A789_ROW_S107_cybermaus_ICS_v3.21 rom " I think no body should use "cybermaus" A789_ROW_S107_cybermaus_ICS_v3.21 custom rom .


[/B][/B]
8th May 2013, 10:36 AM |#230  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smollah

It is also noted that , I am facing this problem for few day and I posted this issue but the custom rom maker (cybermaus)do not giving my answer. I am regret to say that , I am changing the "cybermaus" A789_ROW_S107_cybermaus_ICS_v3.21 rom " I think no body should use "cybermaus" A789_ROW_S107_cybermaus_ICS_v3.21 custom rom .

Are you mistaking cybermaus (and other involved developers) with official Lenovo support? It's pretty clear these ROMs are provided as-is, on a best-effort basis. If you don't like the ROM, revert to whatever ROM you had before it.
AFAIK, cybermaus is busy with other projects at the moment (I recall reading something vague about jellybean for P700i). There would be a reason to panic and pull his ROM from the forum if his ROM killed/damaged hardware - is this your case? I think not, since the front camera still works in the Camera app.
So just revert your ROM and get over it. And really - 3G video calls? The whole reason this problem wasn't spotted earlier is that almost nobody cares. I haven't made or received such a call, ever.
Don't get me wrong - testing and reporting problems with ROMs is useful, but broken 3G video calls are hardly a reason for users to ignore this ROM, and even less for forum moderators to pull it from distribution. At best, a list of "known issues" should be added to the post where users are downloading the ROM from.
8th May 2013, 01:47 PM |#231  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Changing the custom rom of "cybermaus" A789_ROW_S107_cybermaus_ICS_v3.21
Quote:
Originally Posted by myxal

Are you mistaking cybermaus (and other involved developers) with official Lenovo support? It's pretty clear these ROMs are provided as-is, on a best-effort basis. If you don't like the ROM, revert to whatever ROM you had before it.
AFAIK, cybermaus is busy with other projects at the moment (I recall reading something vague about jellybean for P700i). There would be a reason to panic and pull his ROM from the forum if his ROM killed/damaged hardware - is this your case? I think not, since the front camera still works in the Camera app.
So just revert your ROM and get over it. And really - 3G video calls? The whole reason this problem wasn't spotted earlier is that almost nobody cares. I haven't made or received such a call, ever.
Don't get me wrong - testing and reporting problems with ROMs is useful, but broken 3G video calls are hardly a reason for users to ignore this ROM, and even less for forum moderators to pull it from distribution. At best, a list of "known issues" should be added to the post where users are downloading the ROM from.

@myxal;41169305 , thanks frnd. Yes after revert previous ROM , 3G video call really work. but friend I think ,if you post something in forum you have some liability . You have to checked it. I someone face problem you should help him.If some face problem form forum then people would be demotivated .. Friend I am facing this problem from few days and posting forum for help but no one help me. It become me angry.

Ok friend . have you better custom rom for lenovo A789 _S228_ 129013 , based version A789, V13, 2012/07/26 15:14
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a789, mt6577

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes