28 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By Blaster3K, Junior Member on 28th November 2012, 10:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th April 2013, 11:40 PM |#621  
Flag Space
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Just a quick question, before I root this piece of junk.. Coming from a CliqXT, I've had my share of deleting those pesky blur (bloatware) system applications. Just wondering, which apps did you guys delete just so I know I'm on the safe-ish side?

27th April 2013, 11:41 PM |#622  
Thanks Meter: 2,573

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename13

There's no fastboot for our device. As seen in this Galaxy S Duos ROM thread here, the kernel must be flashed with Odin. I can take my insecure boot.IMG (I think it is like that because I used dsixda kitchen) and use Cygwin to pack it into a tar.md5 for Odin. No wonder ADB worked for me when my device was not bricked.

Could you please post a package with required files to flash insecure ROM and tutorial on how to do it? Sorry, never even heard of ODIN during my time with my old phone, but I flashed about 10 different kernels on it until I found the best one, and I used fastboot.
28th April 2013, 12:42 AM |#623  
Thanks Meter: 1,308

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeannyM

Could you please post a package with required files to flash insecure ROM and tutorial on how to do it? Sorry, never even heard of ODIN during my time with my old phone, but I flashed about 10 different kernels on it until I found the best one, and I used fastboot.

Odin is like the fastboot for Samsung devices. I haven't packed the boot.IMG into a tar.md5 yet because there is currently a flood in my basement, and my computer is on my desk and covered by all the stuff I had to save. Once I do pack it (with Cygwin) I will be unable to test it so be prepared for the worst just in case. I highly doubt that it would result in a brick because the boot.IMG was taken from a previous nandroid backup of mine.
28th April 2013, 07:01 PM |#624  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiniyoyo

Just a quick question, before I root this piece of junk.. Coming from a CliqXT, I've had my share of deleting those pesky blur (bloatware) system applications. Just wondering, which apps did you guys delete just so I know I'm on the safe-ish side?

I deleted Gmail, ChatON, Talk, Talkback, Samsung Apps, Samsung Push Service, Samsung Account (and everything related), and some more that I can't remember. You could also delete Touchwiz Launcher (SecLauncher2.apk) if you install another launcher in /system/app. Make sure if you replace the launcher that you install a new one before deleting the stock one.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Can anyone confirm if Mobile ODIN Pro works on this device?
28th April 2013, 09:27 PM |#625  
Flag Hamilton
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Quote:

I deleted Gmail, ChatON, Talk, Talkback, Samsung Apps, Samsung Push Service, Samsung Account (and everything related), and some more that I can't remember. You could also delete Touchwiz Launcher (SecLauncher2.apk) if you install another launcher in /system/app. Make sure if you replace the launcher that you install a new one before deleting the stock one.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Can anyone confirm if Mobile ODIN Pro works on this device?

So, basically, you removed everything Samsung. I was too afraid of breaking something, seeing as how it's the stock ROM, if I deleted Samsung Account and related. I only removed ChatON, that Shark something game, the TouchWiz launcher, and the stock browser. I backed up the launcher and browser though, just in case. Glad to know I can remove the other Samsung apps if need be.
29th April 2013, 06:39 AM |#626  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Post jelly bean
does anyone know if the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update is coming out for this? It came out for the Ace 2 but I dont know about the 2 x. If anyone could somehow port it i'd be forever thankful.
29th April 2013, 12:24 PM |#627  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by armadillo198

does anyone know if the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update is coming out for this? It came out for the Ace 2 but I dont know about the 2 x. If anyone could somehow port it i'd be forever thankful.

I don't have much confidence in Samsung since they haven't released a stock firmware dump yet. We're all just waiting until there is a reliable Odin flashable firmware dump for our model. Once we do get one (whether officially or made by ourselves) I promise you that development will boom. The Ace 2 is a completely different device (they went from GB to JB, and we were always at ICS) but regardless, we should be able to build Jelly Bean 4.1.2 for the Ace II X (It may have to be vanilla JB though..), but it will take a while even once we have started. I'm not entirely sure about porting a ROM to a phone with completely different specs.. For now, just chill out, remove any bloatware and crap, and your phone should pretty smooth. Time is of essence.
29th April 2013, 09:15 PM |#628  

More
CyanogenMod
Does anyone want to try this? It's pretty helpful to get someone started on making CyanogenMod. Even to just get it booting is an accomplishment. I'd try it, but I don't currently have enough spare time.
30th April 2013, 03:11 AM |#629  
Thanks Meter: 222

More

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INSTALL TITANIUM BACKUP FREE AND DO A COMPLETE BACKUP BEFORE TOUCHING ANYTHING
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SOME OF THESE ARE THE CALENDAR APP AND CLOCKS, IF YOU USE THEM DON'T REMOVE THEM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USE YOUR JUDGEMENT !!!

==============================================
-----------------DO NOT REMOVE THESE APPS------------------
==============================================

-Downloads (App installs and downloads and updates wont work if you delete this one)
-Dialer (You won't be able to make phone calls or use contacts !! Essentially turns your phone into a media player/GPS)
-Gallery (It's the ONLY way to set your lock screen wallpaper)

Apps that are safe to delete

100% HD Games
AllShare Service
AvcrpServiceSamsung
Bubbles
All Clocks (If you want time on your lock screen, keep one...)
Deep Sea
DSMLawmo
DSMForwarding (These 2 DSM* are very memory hungry, makes a good difference!)
Entreprise SysScope
Entreprise VPN
Exchange Services
Flipboard
Game Hub
Google+
Google Play Books
Google Play Movies
Internet 4.0.4 (Stock Browser, install Firefox/Chrome/Dolphin/Opera/etc... before)
Live Wallpaper Picture Chooser
Maps
MapsServiceSamsung
Market Feedback Agent
Music Player
Phase Beam
S Planner
S Planner Widget
Samsung Apps
Samsung Account
Samsung Backup
Samsung ChatOn
Samsung Push
Samsung TTS
Samsung Backup Provider
Samsung Browser SyncAdapter
Samsung Calendar SyncAdapter
Samsung Cloud Data Relay
Samsung Contact SyncAdapter
Samsung SyncAdapters
Samsung AppsUNA2
SNS 1.04
Software Update (BEWARE, THERE IS 2 SOFTWARE UPDATE! Remove "com.sec.android.fotaclient" for "Over the Air Updates", keep "com.wssyncmldm" for Apps AutoUpdate !)
Sympatico.ca
TalkBack
Touchwiz Home (Install another launcher BEFORE DELETING THIS!!![ADW/Nova/Smart/Apex/etc..])
Trim (Used to cut mp3's into ringtones or pictures into wallpaper, not sure)
Tunes & Apps
Try Pan
Video Player
Weather
Weather Deamon
Weather Main
Windy Weather
Yahoo! Finance

Apps Frozen:
SysScope (frozen by TriangleAway, You can delete it as well but be noted that it might affect your phone status in the Settings>About Phone)
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to daver18qc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daver18qc Ad-Free
30th April 2013, 03:23 AM |#630  

More
Quote:

Using the guide found here, I have packed the boot.img into a tar.md5 file. I am unable to test it as a result of my current brick, but you should flash it the same way that you rooted your device, except put this kernel.tar.md5 file in the PDA section instead of the recovery.tar. I am not responsible by any bricks caused. It is your choice to proceed, and I have not tested the package so beware! If you are unsure about anything, do not proceed. Feel free to ask questions. And of course, this will raise your flash counter, so make sure that you have Triangle Away installed if you do not want the yellow triangle to appear at boot. Hopefully it works, so I can add a third thing to my signature below! Goodnight y'all!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Codename13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Codename13 Ad-Free
30th April 2013, 03:38 AM |#631  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename13

Using the guide found here, I have packed the boot.img into a tar.md5 file. I am unable to test it as a result of my current brick, but you should flash it the same way that you rooted your device, except put this kernel.tar.md5 file in the PDA section instead of the recovery.tar. I am not responsible by any bricks caused. It is your choice to proceed, and I have not tested the package so beware! If you are unsure about anything, do not proceed. Feel free to ask questions. And of course, this will raise your flash counter, so make sure that you have Triangle Away installed if you do not want the yellow triangle to appear at boot. Hopefully it works, so I can add a third thing to my signature below! Goodnight y'all!

Thanks, I will try this tomorrow and post my results!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)