Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
Are my sigs big?

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Sent from a dark and unknown place
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100

No, but some space is wasted.. like both left and right side.. only center you are using..

You could try using alignment tags like floatleft and floatright.. some examples are here..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1761276

And that 0.99999 thread is beaten to death.. I wish you had not put it in sig lol.. just my 2 cents.. but over all no problem.. just saying there is room for improvement..

I recently discussed the same with a MOD, according to him Sign must be in 600 Pixel including ur text, Image & everything.
Even I have seen people are having full page Sign. I will let you know through PM
as I said mate.. everyone have different opinion as its usually because of their monitor configuration.. and besides I don't have any issues with it usually.. as I'm on app almost all the time except for few occasional times when I need to report or to check portal news..
Mine is a 700x150.. I don't like pics over 150 height.. but 200 is OK for me.. 250 is stretching it.. anything more.. I definitely pm them.. and total signature size(without post content) shouldn't cross the left side avatar+info fields heights.. that's how I judge the signature size..

Last edited:

Eures

Sep 2, 2012
But you dont like Signs more then 80*80 or 80*40..??:silly:

If you look at the page as a whole, big signatures take far more importance than all the rest, but this is not their function IMHO... The space is relative to the importance of the elements, the head and the body are more important than the footer... :good:

B

Bruce Wayne

If you look at the page as a whole, big signatures take far more importance than all the rest, but this is not their function IMHO... The space is relative to the importance of the elements, the head and the body are more important than the footer... :good:

The signatures are important. They can be used to show up your work, important links and some info about your current device. Not every post is as important as it should be.

For further discussion on this head to feedback/recommandation thread as I suggested earlier and post there.

A Hero Can Be Anyone.
GENERAL HELP THREAD

D™

May 23, 2012
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Watching You @!@

Buddy, What we are writing in matter is Header here in XDA & footer are sign.:) What we writing in matter are important & sign too.
We are not typing a letter here in which all your above ^^ statements are compulsory. Hope you understand.;)

Last edited:

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
Not in Height buddy, its for Widths. BTW, i have also changed size of my sign.:cowboy:
well, roofrider thought you were talking of height.. im sure.. because 600 in width is totally fine..

Bruce Wayne said:
For further discussion on this head to feedback/recommandation thread as I suggested earlier and post there.

A Hero Can Be Anyone.
GENERAL HELP THREAD
please don't ask people to discuss on that thread.. as mods/admins have asked not to discuss there most of the times.. search for FS posts in that thread.. you will see that post.. just recommending/giving feedback is what they prefer I think.. not a discussion of every suggestion over 2 pages in that thread..

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
I agree 600px is too much. My signature (including text) is just under 300px, which IMO is okay (I realize I can further trim it by using alignleft/right tags, but I usually avoid that... it just messes the formatting up on most resolutions by inserting huge horizontal gaps).
Now imagine double that. Too much.

As for width, I think anything that fits on all monitors is okay. The sidebar must be taken into consideration tho, so I'd personally go with 600px max.

Last edited:

_Variable

Jun 10, 2012
Manila
Those GFX Bandits guys gave me 900*900 now my sig looks huge... :mad:

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
Those GFX Bandits guys gave me 900*900 now my sig looks huge... :mad:

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100

Upload it to imgur.. you will get option as large thumbnail.. which will be perfect sig.. that's what I did..

Or search "resize picture windows 7" in Google.. you will get an .msi format file which is a small file and resizes pictures to your desired size.. it gets added to right click menu.. available for windows xp&7.. great tool.. try that..

DSF

Apr 16, 2007
mowned.com
Eh? Just get irfanview and voila! Fast picture viewer with fast editing tools.
@SammyDroidWiz that's one HUGE image in your sig. And my monitor is set to fullHD resolution.. don't wanna think the pain of the users that have lower resolution displays :cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We do police image sizes to an extent. if one is larger than it needs to be, we'll ask the member to reduce the size or remove it.

But remember you can hide signatures from being shown in your profile settings. http://xdaforums.com/profile.php?do=editoptions
    Many complain they can't see my signature hidden in spoilers
    I'd like to complain that I can.
    I know this board is HUGE and I'm just one voice, but I wanted to get this out there.

Signature images should be disallowed.
    That, or sig image sizes need to be heavily restricted.
    It has gotten really out of hand as of late and makes the forum a scroll-fest. It is unnecessary and downright frustrating when surfing via a phone or tablet.

Case and point... 2 posts. One with one word, one with a very short sentence. 2 posts take up the ENTIRE screen. Come on...

xda-huge-sigs.jpg

Neither image adds anything useful to either poster's content and neither image is really useful for anything else.
    Even more annoying is some user's sig images eat up an entire page by themselves. When half a thread's space is eaten up with worthless sig images, it just makes the board look like a cluttered mess.

Venting over.
    I know this board is HUGE and I'm just one voice, but I wanted to get this out there.

Signature images should be disallowed.
    That, or sig image sizes need to be heavily restricted.
    It has gotten really out of hand as of late and makes the forum a scroll-fest. It is unnecessary and downright frustrating when surfing via a phone or tablet.

Case and point... 2 posts. One with one word, one with a very short sentence. 2 posts take up the ENTIRE screen. Come on...
    Neither image adds anything useful to either poster's content and neither image is really useful for anything else.
    Even more annoying is some user's sig images eat up an entire page by themselves. When half a thread's space is eaten up with worthless sig images, it just makes the board look like a cluttered mess.

Venting over.

The first signature doesn't look too big IMO.
    The post would be of same length without the signature.
    Can't really say something about the second signature, as it does not end at the end of your screenshot.
    So that could in deed be too big.

Extremely big signature should be reported to the forum specific maoderator (FSM), but if you feel that it is only "a little bit" too big, than you can PM the user in a friendly way.
    I have done this several times like: "You have a very nice signature and a really good looking picture in there. Maybe you can even improve your signature by using a smaller picture or optimizing the arrangement of the parts in your signature so that your post can be read better. And this could also save some space in the threads as well."

All users that I PMed like this answered very pleased that they feel thankful for my tips and changed their signatures.
    Maybe I was lucky ... but if you provide your help to optimize their sigantures, most people will at least tolerate it IMO.
    Their signature extended takes up my full screen, which is ridiculous, I think some People don't grasp the point of a signature.

Ha yep they sure don't.
    @Chukudu seriously, remove that gif. Also reduce the font size pls.