[DEBLOAT] Remove ATT Bloatware Stock/Rooted [Flashable]

Search This thread

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Hmm.. I just downloaded and installed xda premium (whisch is the only paid app I could think of that I didn't have installed) and it worked fine. Im stock rooted but didn't flash either of the posted roms..just rooted the stock (odexed) rom

Anyone else?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Hmm.. I just downloaded and installed xda premium (whisch is the only paid app I could think of that I didn't have installed) and it worked fine. Im stock rooted but didn't flash either of the posted roms..just rooted the stock (odexed) rom

Anyone else?

Sorry OP, not an issue with your zip...see edit above.

wmg316

Dec 30, 2009
Tyler, TX

Anyone else?

I too am running stock odexed DEV edition ROM...rooted...one mod (your back-button menu). Will one of the SystemUI mods work on my setup for your AT&T signal mods? Or would you need my SystemUI?

Also, will the same method used for creating the % battery mod work on the One's stock Odexed ROM (e.g., SystemUI decompile...xml edits...png files...recompile...like done on OneX or X+).

I'm torn at moving to a custom ROM yet as everything is working great...and my battery life is phenomenal! Are custom ROMs/Kernels getting better battery life?

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
I too am running stock odexed DEV edition ROM...rooted...one mod (your back-button menu). Will one of the SystemUI mods work on my setup for your AT&T signal mods? Or would you need my SystemUI?

Also, will the same method used for creating the % battery mod work on the One's stock Odexed ROM (e.g., SystemUI decompile...xml edits...png files...recompile...like done on OneX or X+).

I'm torn at moving to a custom ROM yet as everything is working great...and my battery life is phenomenal! Are custom ROMs/Kernels getting better battery life?

From what I've read they're doing well - but I'm not having any issues with stock yet either. Today I went ahead and flashed a stock deodexed ROM just to make my life easier, but that's been it.

battery mods will work the same. Higher resolution means you'll want to use the new icons, as old icons stretched won't look really nice. I actually just finished adding numbers to 100 of the stock xxhdpi icons today (and changed my charging .xml a little) if you'd like them for your own mod, let me know.

I haven't been able to get the sweet script to work that you use for the blue themes, for some reason it just duplicates the folders and files and breaks the battery all together..

jasunto

Mar 24, 2007
Be nice to only keep their messages app for visual voicemail?

miketamm

Jul 14, 2012
This is a simple flashable package with an updater script that will remove the following:

ATT Device Help
ATT Address Book Sync
ATT Amazon Kindle
ATT CityID
ATT Drive Mode
ATT Family Map
ATT Hot Spot
ATT Locker
ATT Messages
ATT myATT
ATT Navigator
ATT Promo Widget
ATT Ready2go
ATT SmartWifi
ATT YPmobile

This should work on either odexed or deodexed stock/rooted. I recommend wiping cache and dalvik after flashing in TWRP or CWM.

If you notice one of these still installed after rebooting - you can remove it via play store after flashing this zip, but BEFORE you do please get me the package name from /data/app/ so I can add it to the script to be removed

This is awesome. I have one question. The ATT Address Book Sync. I have all my numbers stored on the ATT server. If I remove this app will I no longer be able to use the contact sync service?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

Never mind I just answered my own question. Looks like I can just down load it from the app store and reinstall it.

kraze1994

Sep 29, 2011
Can you add a few more things to that list? Maybe I am just picky but can you add..

Stocks
FM Radio
TuneIn Radio
Play Books
Live TF
Polaris Office
Play Magazines

to the list?

I've tried removing them via the PlayStore and manually uninstalling and deleting the files but the store either re downloads them immediately or they just show backup after a reboot.

paniro187

Sep 19, 2010
Can we add sound hound and mobile tv to this. I deleted them in titanium back up rebooted and here they are.....:/

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

chivamex10

Mar 6, 2012
Sorry to sound like such a noob but whats the difference between this and just un-installing them from titanium backup?

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
You should now be able to uninstall it via play store. If not please look in data/data/ or data/app/ to see if you can find the package that wasn't removed

miketamm

Jul 14, 2012
Help a noob out here. Is flashing a patch the same process as doing a full recovery? Thanks

Absolut`

Feb 4, 2010
San Diego, CA
Hey, Mobile TV - AT&T Services, Inc just popped up on the Play Store as an update even though it isn't installed.. any ideas? I do have your debloat mod installed.. thanks

AgentJanus

Oct 16, 2007
Super android noob here. This is actually my 1st droid so im new to even the basics. I read elsewhere that it's safer to simply freeze the bloatware apps due to possible dependencies within the stock rom. Will removing them cause other apps/functions to be broken? Thank you in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a simple flashable package with an updater script that will remove the following:

ATT Device Help
    ATT Address Book Sync
    ATT Amazon Kindle
    ATT CityID
    ATT Drive Mode
    ATT Family Map
    ATT Hot Spot
    ATT Locker
    ATT Messages
    ATT myATT
    ATT Navigator
    ATT Promo Widget
    ATT Ready2go
    ATT SmartWifi
    ATT YPmobile

Added to removeATTbloat5.zip:
    ATT CodeScanner
    ATT Games

This should work on either odexed or deodexed stock/rooted. I recommend wiping cache and dalvik after flashing in TWRP or CWM.

If you notice one of these still installed after rebooting - you can remove it via play store after flashing this zip, but BEFORE you do please get me the package name from /data/app/ so I can add it to the script to be removed

Looking for even more of a cleanse? @wevsspot has shared a script here (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46916104&postcount=65) that will remove above and beyond ATT bloat. Thanks!
    Thanks Homeslice.

Here is my super slim debloat for AT&T HTC One.

Detail of apps that were removed;

ATT Device Help
    ATT AddressBook
    ATT Amazon Kindle
    ATT CityID
    ATT Drive Mode
    ATT_Games
    ATT Family Map
    ATT Featured Apps
    ATT Hot Spot
    ATT_Locker
    ATT Messages
    ATT Mobile TV
    myATT
    ATT Navigator
    ATT Promo Widget
    ATT Ready2go
    ATT SmartWifi
    ATT YPmobile
    Wavemarket Launcher
    Google Books
    Google Chrome
    Google Magazines
    Instagram
    LinkedIn
    Picasa
    Picasa Uploader
    PlayGames
    Stocks
    Twitter
    YouTube

I've currently got this flashed to my phone without a single issue. Note: If you want to add stuff back in you can grab much of this stuff from the Play Store, or alternatively you can grab the Original .apk from the stock ROM.

From what I've read they're doing well - but I'm not having any issues with stock yet either. Today I went ahead and flashed a stock deodexed ROM just to make my life easier, but that's been it.

battery mods will work the same. Higher resolution means you'll want to use the new icons, as old icons stretched won't look really nice. I actually just finished adding numbers to 100 of the stock xxhdpi icons today (and changed my charging .xml a little) if you'd like them for your own mod, let me know.

I haven't been able to get the sweet script to work that you use for the blue themes, for some reason it just duplicates the folders and files and breaks the battery all together..
    No actually they don't. They are still in my app drawer and do still run when clicked one. Maybe I can uninstall now on google play. I'll try.

Edit: I was able to remove them from the play store and after reboot they are still gone. Thanks man. Not sure why I needed to do that, but it worked.

Before you uninstall them, Can you check /data/app/ ? If they're there, get me the package names, please

Edit: just saw your edit. No worries.

Note to anyone else who doesn't get something removed - you can remove it via play store after running this script, but before you do please get me the package name from /data/app/ so I can add it to the script
    Are you S-off though. for some reason i recall not being able to do this because i was S-on.

it's not a matter of being s-off .. it's just that you need an insecure kernel and a root explorer that will make the system folder r/w.

I flashed back to stock and took the AT&T OTA update to 4.4.2
    then I flashed TWRP 2.6.3.3 and SuperSU v1.93

I setup the phone then I rebooted and installed ElementalX-m7-13.0

I was then able to use ES File Explorer give it SU permission and go to tool's /Root explorer / and set root / and system to R/W.
    now the stuff you delete will stay gone. Also turn the R/W back off when your done.

I would also like to add that the following apps got moved in the 4.4.2 update

system\priv-app\com.mobitv.client.tv.apk
    system\priv-app\com.mobitv.client.tv.odex
    system\priv-app\ATT_AddressBook_SyncMLClient.apk
    system\priv-app\ATT_AddressBook_SyncMLClient.odex
    system\priv-app\ATT_AddressBook_SyncMLProvider.apk
    system\priv-app\ATT_AddressBook_SyncMLProvider.odex
    system\priv-app\ATT_AddressBook_SyncMLService.apk
    system\priv-app\ATT_AddressBook_SyncMLService.odex
    system\priv-app\ATT_Games.apk
    system\priv-app\ATT_Games.odex
    system\priv-app\ATT_Isis_Wallet.apk
    system\priv-app\ATT_Isis_Wallet.odex