Post Reply Email Thread
2nd May 2013, 09:16 AM |#71  
OP Senior Member
Montreal-Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 1,270

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttnuagmada

So why exactly can we not force the display's maximum brightness? Is there a way around it other than putting it on auto and standing out in the glaring sunlight?

The brightness isn't really that bad or anything, but there have been a few situations where auto didn't kick it up and I wished I could have forced it myself.

You don't have the option to remove the auto-brightness??
2nd May 2013, 09:42 AM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremata

You don't have the option to remove the auto-brightness??

One of the "features" of the S4, is that when brightness is on auto, and you are outside or somewhere else really bright, it will boost the screen brightness higher (30+% or so) than it will allow you to set manually. I would assume that it's to prevent burn-in, but I really don't like the idea of a brightness-nanny making that decision for me.

edit: I guess I actually figured out the answer to my original question as far as why we can't do it (burn in). I guess now I'm wondering if it's something that can be overridden.
2nd May 2013, 06:10 PM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2dh

How do I disable speech in the default browser?

I have "page loaded" and "page started" speech read to me when I load/refresh pages?

I resolved this Talkback was always disabled but I had MissedIt "on" (I have this installed), but now I have disabled this also deleted my MissedIt app as I use UCCW now.
3rd May 2013, 07:02 AM |#74  
Flag Tempe, AZ
Thanks Meter: 10

More
bump, cuz i was looking for this thread!
3rd May 2013, 07:26 AM |#75  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks for all the work on this post.

Every day I am finding newer and cooler ways to use my phone.
3rd May 2013, 07:43 AM |#76  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Madurai-Chennai
Thanks Meter: 7,076

Donate to Me
More
dunno if this has been mentioned, you can hover you hand over the sensor on top while your screen is off and can view the basic details such as time/missed call & sms counts
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bala_gamer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bala_gamer Ad-Free
3rd May 2013, 09:38 AM |#77  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
And I dunno if this has been said but if you want to view all the notification shortcuts then pull down with two fingers instead of one.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shug69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shug69 Ad-Free
3rd May 2013, 03:32 PM |#78  
Thanks Meter: 838

More
Here is a bump for you. This really should be a sticky because its an excellent primer for new folks just starting out with android.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krabman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krabman Ad-Free
3rd May 2013, 05:04 PM |#79  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I agree that this needs to be a sticky. Awesome info.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TUDrewser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TUDrewser Ad-Free
4th May 2013, 12:26 PM |#80  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I've subscribed and I hope it'll be a sticky. Having come from apple products over the last 4 years (Not a fan boy and YES I crossed over to the dark side for a while), I find this post very useful and informative. The S4 is my first android device.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gob For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gob Ad-Free
4th May 2013, 10:59 PM |#81  
OP Senior Member
Montreal-Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 1,270

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krabman

Here is a bump for you. This really should be a sticky because its an excellent primer for new folks just starting out with android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUDrewser

I agree that this needs to be a sticky. Awesome info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gob

I've subscribed and I hope it'll be a sticky. Having come from apple products over the last 4 years (Not a fan boy and YES I crossed over to the dark side for a while), I find this post very useful and informative. The S4 is my first android device.

Thanks folks for your support, I've made a request for this guide to become a sticky but still no news. I don't know how long it normally takes. I sent a pm to one of the Mod., I don't know if I'm supposed to do something else.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)