[N2E][1.1] TouchNooter 2.1.31

650 posts
Thanks Meter: 516

By GabrialDestruir, Senior Member on 12th November 2011, 07:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th January 2013, 03:16 PM |#381  
Thanks Meter: 718

More
The same happened to me using font changer.

I can't recall exactly the steps I took, but I know I had to go to settings and factory reset Nook a couple of times until I was able to root it.

20th January 2013, 04:39 AM |#382  
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Root for NST 1.2.1?
It appears that there are instructions for rooting a Nook Simple Touch with OS version 1.1.2, but not for OS 1.2.1. Can anyone confirm that? Of if root exists, can you please point me to the instructions? I have searched for such instructions but have not found anything.
20th January 2013, 06:18 PM |#383  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I rooted my 1.2.1 Nook using NookManager a couple of days ago, take a look at it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2040351
24th January 2013, 10:12 AM |#384  
OP Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 516

More
This thread is deprecated, however you should be able to use GlowNooter on the normal TouchNooter (based on how B&N does their updates it should work for both). If anyone can confirm this I'll change the front post to properly link to the current update.
3rd May 2013, 01:42 PM |#385  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrialDestruir

This thread is deprecated, however you should be able to use GlowNooter on the normal TouchNooter (based on how B&N does their updates it should work for both). If anyone can confirm this I'll change the front post to properly link to the current update.

Despite the fact this thread is deprecated, this rom is the best for having a really good screen contrast on our NST.

I leave this instructions for those who need help to downgrade their NST to install TouchNooter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taninos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift taninos Ad-Free
9th May 2013, 11:10 AM |#386  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by taninos

If you accept an advice, whether you need a good contrast screen rom on your NTS it is better a 1.1.2 (with touchnooter2.1.31 plus a multitouch kernel to be installed with CWM recovery and the NoRefreshToggle.apk installed) than a 1.2.1 rooted with fastmode or norefresh.

Thanks for this Taninos. If I want to follow your advice where can I get the old 1.1.2 update (instead of the 1.2.1 which is downloadable from B&N website)?
9th May 2013, 01:50 PM |#387  
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apap

Thanks for this Taninos. If I want to follow your advice where can I get the old 1.1.2 update (instead of the 1.2.1 which is downloadable from B&N website)?

http://su.barnesandnoble.com/nook/no...1_2_update.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to straygecko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift straygecko Ad-Free
9th May 2013, 04:41 PM |#388  
Flag Chippenham
Thanks Meter: 47

Donate to Me
More
My NST arrived today, I shall be following the downgrade instructions here, thanks so much for the advice.
11th May 2013, 09:18 AM |#389  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Everytime i try this, i get stuck at the start up screen, any idea why this is occurring?
11th May 2013, 09:42 AM |#390  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi,

does anyone have orignal 1.1.0 update UK version I could use with CWM, please? All I have now is US time and books in dollars
14th May 2013, 09:40 PM |#391  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apap

Sorry for delaying in respond. The B&N official link for 1.1.2 is: http://su.barnesandnoble.com/nook/nook2/1.1.2/byoyFa4tPqT3du0nSXTLrBeYy5CHbHS264o9Ujsh/nook_1_1_2_update.zip

If you use the new wifi implementations developed by kuskro, your TouchNooter will be near to become a 1.2.1.
The Following User Says Thank You to taninos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift taninos Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)