Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

CONNYHACKER

Mar 31, 2013
bricked GT-S5839i

can anyone help ive bricked my galaxy ace GT-S5839i and need to sort it out befor saturday need a guide on how to unbrick.thank

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
can anyone help ive bricked my galaxy ace GT-S5839i and need to sort it out befor saturday need a guide on how to unbrick.thank
How did u brick it?

Can u get into download mode? If yes, try flashing a stock firmware.

Here is a guide which involves flashing a pit file:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1811196

Use this guide only if u have no other options left.

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
Sent from my SGS II

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

Hi, i am fairly new to rooting and flashing but ive succesfully managed rooting and updating my ascend p1 u9200 to the official emui jellybean 4.1 update released by huawei. I couldnt just upgrade because my build was not supported so it was a process of rooting changing build.prop and finaly upgrading. Now i want to actually load a custom rom for my u9200, a rom based on android 4.2. A stable one, please if u may assist but dirrecting me to the right instructions including a goid stable rom i would greatly apreciate it. Please also take into consideration that i only rooted my phone once and so i might need detailed instructions for rookies. Thanks in advance

Here is a guide on installing custom roms:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2132043

And these are some custom roms for ur device:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2118684

As for which rom is good and stable, u should try each and find the ones that suit u. :)

Sent from my SGS II

Reactions: qpidtheloveman

harisaduelite

Feb 21, 2013
Kansas City
Expert please help

okk i have a device mmx a57 running android 2.3.5 specs are 1 ghz cpu 256mb ram and tere is another device karbon a2+ which has the exact specs but running on ics...... so please help me how to port the ics rom to my device...... or give me guide how to port some cynogenmod to my device????? waiting patiently for your answer?? :)

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
okk i have a device mmx a57 running android 2.3.5 specs are 1 ghz cpu 256mb ram and tere is another device karbon a2+ which has the exact specs but running on ics...... so please help me how to port the ics rom to my device...... or give me guide how to port some cynogenmod to my device????? waiting patiently for your answer?? :)

Try this guide:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1630237

Sent from my SGS II

B

Bruce Wayne

hi Tech,

any one have idea how to reduce the system core bcoz it is draining my battery :(

Care to explain more?

Okay rooted.
Want to remove wi-fi notification. Should I search forum, and try the Sqlite Editor again? Risk messing up phone again... First phone try, ended up resting phone and couldn't Re-download Sqlite.
Or can/should I flash custom rom that will do the same?
Another thing, cannot move apps to sdcard. When I try it says:
Failed, may be phone does not support moving apps to USB storage.
Can this be changed?
Which wifi notifications?
And to move apps to sdcard you can try app2sd script or an app called link2sd.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Odin3_v3.7 blue
Odin3_v1.85 yellow

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

A Hero Can Be Anyone. GENERAL HELP THREAD

Dec 18, 2012
I found a fix to my weird problem, it had to do with the phone baseband version or something to do with the 'modem'

it was on a thread of a custom rom developed for the grand! now my cyanogenmod works hehe

btw do you know any app for radio that uses the hardware radio not the internet radio?

B

Bruce Wayne

I found a fix to my weird problem, it had to do with the phone baseband version or something to do with the 'modem'

it was on a thread of a custom rom developed for the grand! now my cyanogenmod works hehe

btw do you know any app for radio that uses the hardware radio not the internet radio?

Nice to hear that.

Here is an app for fm radio without internet. See if this is what you want.

FM radio google play

Last edited:

Steverob1066

May 3, 2013
Controlling unrooted Android cellular radio from desktop

Hi - I've done loads of searching on this and haven't come up with much that works - basically want to be able to switch my phone's cellular network radio on and off from the desktop. The phone can be tethered via USB, but it has to stay unrooted.
What I have tried: installed and run adb shell command, then the radiooptions command as " radiooptions 5" to switch the radio off, but I get a permission denied response and don't know if that's because the phone has to be rooted or I'm doing something stupid. Anyone know how to do this? Is there some easier way? (I found the 3CX Mobile Android app on Google Play which lets you get straight to the shell easily, but still getting same problem). (The reason I can't root the phone is that I need some other people to do this for their own pones and want as simple and generic a method as possible.)

rasetsu8

May 3, 2013
Acid Audio Engine tweak

hi! :)

does the acid audio engine support karbonn a9+?, i just want to experience music awesomeness using my device...thanks for the answers :D

wad!e

Feb 13, 2013
Is there an app which password protects a certain folder ? I don't wanna hide it just password protect it..

B

Bruce Wayne

hi! :)

does the acid audio engine support karbonn a9+?, i just want to experience music awesomeness using my device...thanks for the answers :D

Maybe. You can try with first creating a backup of your current rom. If it works its good and you got your answer, if not restore the backup and you still get answer to your question.;):)

Is there an app which password protects a certain folder ? I don't wanna hide it just password protect it..
I am unaware of anything like that but a google search got me to this thing.
See if it helps you.
Hide folder google play

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5

Yes.. try es file explorer.. it has such options in setting.. also other file browsers have such option.. try some top file explorers..

wad!e

Feb 13, 2013
I've already found that one,but it doesn't really help me :\

oh and..you either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain :)

B

Bruce Wayne

Yes.. try es file explorer.. it has such options in setting.. also other file browsers have such option.. try some top file explorers..

Thanks for helping around here. :)

wad!e

Feb 13, 2013

What I'm trying to achieve is having a password on a file,specifically the gallery.

B

Bruce Wayne

I downloaded ES file explorer and what I can do is basically hide files.

What I'm trying to achieve is having a password on a file,specifically the gallery.

You can use AUDIO MANEGER PRO from google play. Its a two way app. Hides your pics without anyone even realizing that it is image hiding app. Read the reviews there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    none of us have a crystal Ball. You may also have better luck on the thread below.
    hello, hope this is where i need to be and i thank you in advance for any help i receive because i am so confused and don't know where to start. so in dec 2021 i bought my f9212b vertical android head unit off of ebay and my boyfriend installed it for me. everything is working but its super slow and if what im reading is correct it hasn't had an update since i put it in. so that's pretty much where im at. i don't know where or how to update firmware or software or if i have to. i have my google account signed into the unit but the auto android update is enabled but im not totally sure that its current either\. its super slow. just a head start on my next question after i figure the software firmware stuff out... not a clue what the protocol name for my canbus is. its a 2016 Hyundai elantra, haven't been able to use this thing to the best of its abilities and i would like to figure it out after all this time.
    Since 2016 to our days, Android versions changed the play rules a lot, when this units were launched, considering that they usually came with an outdated version (1 or 2 back), out of the box, and they expected to, hopefully, just one Android update, so for our days they may run really slow...

While you wait for a better answer here, from a more experienced user, you would redirect to the Head Units Forum, you may find alternative answers for your issue there.
    Hi, I am trying to root an Infinix x650 I have unlocked OEM and flashing but can't find a reliable recovery file. Can you help me find it. Also I've come across terms like "flashing recovery", "flashing boot image", "flashing kernel", "flashing twrp". Can you explain the difference
    I came across this guide which details how to root and flash on your device. As I don't have your device there, make sure you read everything carefully (which you should always do, anyway) and backup everything etc. before you start.

Twrp is a custom version of a recovery so you can put those 2 in the same pile. With that, you'll be able to flash things like ROMs, as in the guide above. Other than that, you'll basically have no reason to flash the others and definitely not if you don't know what you're doing with them. You should only flash and modify what you understand in the first place so just do research and read, read, read before doing anything

would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    If you only want to try different custom ROMs then don't get any modern phone. The android modding world has changed a hell of a lot in recent years and most devices don't have many custom ROMs available.
    Look in the device forums for the most popular phones in the last couple years and you'll see what I mean.
    For the most part, rooting and installing different modules with Magisk is what most people do now as it's much more straight forward than flashing a ROM and won't have as much bloat as you can pick and choose what customisation you would like, via different modules
    You didn´t mention the model, and what you did previously, to cause this happen.
    My guess is that he was trying to do the magisk root
    hi, are there any custom roms for the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (G361F) in particular, thanks in advance.
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

Sent from my SGS II