white balance apk from xperia zl update 16/03

Search This thread

Windows X

Sep 27, 2006
I'm getting dilemma between settings I love and settings that's accurately white. Jeez :p

Last edited:

chandeliho

Sep 16, 2010
Thanks so much, my JDC mdy70 panel was making white text purple when I scrolled quickly until I used this to calibrate. Set 5.5/165 and white text now scrolls as white.

Reactions: juliospinoza

mrbigtime

Jul 23, 2009
Hello. can i ask a question please?

i dont have an SD card with me right now. my phone is just fresh rooted. how can i transfer that WB file to my phone?

or i can try ALTERNATIVE way, but this time , how can i access to my SYSTEM folder in my phone? thanx. sorry if i asked noob questions.

edit: and i dont have a custom rom or kernel in my Xperia Z. so do i need a specific kernel first?

and i tried the zip file in page 14 i guess. it worked successfully but i still dont have the option for white balance.

Last edited:

Bioschnitzel

Mar 23, 2013
Hello. can i ask a question please?

i dont have an SD card with me right now. my phone is just fresh rooted. how can i transfer that WB file to my phone?

or i can try ALTERNATIVE way, but this time , how can i access to my SYSTEM folder in my phone? thanx. sorry if i asked noob questions.

Install Recovery and copy the file on your internal space (/sdcard/).
You dont need an external sdcard.

mrbigtime

Jul 23, 2009
Install Recovery and copy the file on your internal space (/sdcard/).
You dont need an external sdcard.

man iam thanking you so much for replying me.

now, and the "install Recovery" you say, im such stupid, let me ask you whats that Recovery? im sure you are saying jesus who this :crying:

just want this badly. thank you.

mrbigtime

Jul 23, 2009
In Recovery you can easily install this zips.

Here install this for example:

Greetz

yes i did that. put the pk file into my phone, i mean XZRecover 1.0 apk.. and installed Recovery without a problem. and i also tried to install white balance . and yes it installed. i gone to screen settings, i clicked on white balance but it wont start. it gives stopped working error.

edit: i got thiis. booted in recovery. i press INSTALL. choose the white balance zip. but it gives error. iam missing something.

Last edited:

gm007

May 29, 2011
yes i did that. put the pk file into my phone, i mean XZRecover 1.0 apk.. and installed Recovery without a problem. and i also tried to install white balance . and yes it installed. i gone to screen settings, i clicked on white balance but it wont start. it gives stopped working error.

edit: i got thiis. booted in recovery. i press INSTALL. choose the white balance zip. but it gives error. iam missing something.

You don't need a recovery,just follow the instruction in the first page.
You only need root explorer.

Sent from my C6603 using xda premium

mrbigtime

Jul 23, 2009
U guys are pro. I'm noob. U guys are talking easily like I know a thing. I'm such useless at this. :(

now, root explorer u say? I need to learn what it is all about. I follow the instruction in the first place. But I get an error. Besides it is not noob proof either. Every guide is acting like the reader has aback ground about this kind of things :(

Thank you guys. Especially for your patience.

Last edited:

gm007

May 29, 2011
U guys are pro. I'm noob. U guys are talking easily like I know a thing. I'm such useless at this. :(

now, root explorer u say? I need to learn what it is all about. I follow the instruction in the first place. But I get an error. Besides it is not noob proof either. Every guide is acting like the reader has aback ground about this kind of things :(

Thank you guys. Especially for your patience.

Use google to search the things you don't know ;)
There is Many how to...

Last edited:

Windows X

Sep 27, 2006
What good is IPS white? Just curious but why do people want to get IPS white?

Last edited:

ZeDestructor

Apr 12, 2011
What good is IPS white? Just curious but why do people want to get IPS white?

The "standard" colour temperature point for white is 6500K. Lower temperatures have yellow-to-red tint and higher temperatures a cyan-to-blue tint. This isn't too important in day to day use, but professionals need to have the same colours on all devices so that previews work properly. Apart from that, most people have different perceptions of what is white.

I know I have one perception of white, but I keep my phone and computer monitors slightly blue-tinted because I find it much more comfortable (much to the contrary of most studies, since I hate the yellow-orange-brown-red tint and that annoys me more than any physical effect).

savi0023

Apr 19, 2012
A stupid question.

Is it different between yellow and red tint display on same white balance setting :confused:
don't know that is the problem of hardware or software...

thienbrand

Jun 7, 2009
This is nearer IPS white, 13.2 is way too blueish.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello guys
    Many of us we were disappointed by the screen z especially those who expected to see the application of calibration directly integrated.
    I then extracted the rom from xperia zl
    setting for white balance
    saturation : 9 and hue 220
    brightness bar at 75%
    and checked adapt to lighting conditions
    and bravia engine deactivated
    with this white value is 65k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_k4G10ZcOE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Basic method
    Download WB_........
    Put this file into sd card
    Reboot in recovery
    Flash it and enjoy ( not flash this on stock recovery )

Alternative method ( thx gm007 )
    1. Download the zip file in the 1st post of this thread.
    2. Unzip the file.
    3. Inside the WB_bymw1kaduxx972fixe\system\app folder, there is a whitebalance.apk file. You need to copy this file to your phone's system\app folder. Remember to set the permissions to rw-r-r.
    4. Inside the WB_bymw1kaduxx972fixe\system\lib folder, there is a libdisplayservice.so file. You need to copy this file to your phone's system\lib folder. Remember to set the permissions to rw-r-r.
    5. Inside the WB_bymw1kaduxx972fixe\system\lib\hw folder, there is a libdisplay.default.so file. You need to copy this file to your phone's system\lib\hw folder. Remember to set the permissions to rw-r-r.
    6. Reboot.
    7. Go to Settings -> Display and you should be able to see the White Balance setting.
    Hi,

I am still confused on the steps just to get the white balance fixed without replacing the Stock ROM, can it be done? Can anyone advise me on the proper steps?

1. Download the zip file in the 1st post of this thread.
    2. Unzip the file.
    3. Inside the WB_bymw1kaduxx972fixe\system\app folder, there is a whitebalance.apk file. You need to copy this file to your phone's system\app folder. Remember to set the permissions to rw-r-r.
    4. Inside the WB_bymw1kaduxx972fixe\system\lib folder, there is a libdisplayservice.so file. You need to copy this file to your phone's system\lib folder. Remember to set the permissions to rw-r-r.
    5. Inside the WB_bymw1kaduxx972fixe\system\lib\hw folder, there is a libdisplay.default.so file. You need to copy this file to your phone's system\lib\hw folder. Remember to set the permissions to rw-r-r.
    6. Reboot.
    7. Go to Settings -> Display and you should be able to see the White Balance setting.
    Re: white balance apk from xperia zl fixed

I downloaded the zip, anybody can tell me how to install on a stock ROM???

1-Copy the apk file to system/app.
    2-Copy libdisplayservice.so to system/lib.
    3-Copy libdisplay.default.so to system/lib/hw.
    5-reboot.
    Sure you must be rooted.

Sent from my C6602 using xda premium
    good news :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    I found a solution for fc
    i post tonight
    Hi guys,
    Can someone upload deodex settings.apk from Xperia Z or Zl?
    I try this on my Xperia P, look in setting>app and it show install.
    I guess I need to modified a little bit my settings.apk.

Good luck :)