[RECOVERY][GPL] OUDHS CWM-Based Recovery 1.0.3.3 :: 5/3/2013 :: Touch & normal colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dannyben

May 9, 2011
Great work! Thanks! Installed like a charm.

My only issue (same as in CWM, but not TWRP) is that it wont recognize 64-gb SD.

BiggJurk

Dec 15, 2008
You are not in download mode. This will never occur.

Its in download mode, the problem is windows 8 is not installing the correct drivers. Hold down power and vol down button, it boots comes to a screen that says hit vol up to continue to or vol down to cancel etc, hit vol up, then phone displays downloading.......is this not the download screen?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted member 2653512

Search on XDA is temporarily unavailable, do we need the Samsung drivers to get this to work? If so, could someone kindly provide a link? Much appreciated!

Download KIES and it will install the drivers that will work.

http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Sams.../Recovery/OUDHS-Recovery-jfltetmo-1.0.3.1.tar

here is an updated version with improved graphics and altered fstab in hopes of fixing the odd backup siutation

should you miss the rainbow just keep scrolling ;)

The "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" option is not functioning in this. "Wipe Cache" operates normally, however.

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

The "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" option is not functioning in this. "Wipe Cache" operates normally, however.

interesting. i dont have a sgs4 so i cant test, anyone else confirm?

also here is teh latest version 1.0.3.2

to enable rainbow graphics is increased to 4 rotations
make sure to read the bottom :)

www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Sams.../Recovery/OUDHS-Recovery-jfltetmo-1.0.3.2.tar

www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Sams.../Recovery/OUDHS-Recovery-jfltetmo-1.0.3.2.zip

D

Deleted member 2653512

interesting. i dont have a sgs4 so i cant test, anyone else confirm?

also here is teh latest version 1.0.3.2

to enable rainbow graphics is increased to 4 rotations
make sure to read the bottom :)

www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Sams.../Recovery/OUDHS-Recovery-jfltetmo-1.0.3.2.tar

www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Sams.../Recovery/OUDHS-Recovery-jfltetmo-1.0.3.2.zip

Roger that. I'll test this latest and let you know.

UPDATE: It still fails to Wipe Data/Factory Reset

Last edited by a moderator:

BiggJurk

Dec 15, 2008
Its in download mode, the problem is windows 8 is not installing the correct drivers. Hold down power and vol down button, it boots comes to a screen that says hit vol up to continue to or vol down to cancel etc, hit vol up, then phone displays downloading.......is this not the download screen?

This seemed to work, thanks!

ptmr3

Feb 10, 2012
Aurora

That is most definitely download mode. Drivers would be the issue. There is always a possibility of that happening if the drivers didn't install correctly.

Windows 8 is a pain

Edit: looks like you got it :D

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: BiggJurk

dannyben

May 9, 2011

shabbypenguin

May 30, 2010
Gestures...... Sweet!
Any shot on making a future version compatible with a 64gb SD?

Thanks again.

twrp is being pushed out right now for yall and supports exfat. this is the first time im having to deal with it and our teams recovery is still new (like forked it a month ago kind of stuff)

ive been talking it over with dees_troy and he told me how to fix it for the sgs4

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston
That is most definitely download mode. Drivers would be the issue. There is always a possibility of that happening if the drivers didn't install correctly.

Windows 8 is a pain

Edit: looks like you got it :D

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

I moved to Win 8 about 2 months ago and I have to admit I can't stand it. I had the easiest time doing everything on 7 and this has become a real drain on my time so it looks like I'm gonna go back to Ubuntu/7. I haven't rooted yet and was debating on waiting for everything to be opened up a little more but it's killing me not to be.

Thanks for your time man.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

twrp is being pushed out right now for yall and supports exfat. this is the first time im having to deal with it and our teams recovery is still new (like forked it a month ago kind of stuff)

ive been talking it over with dees_troy and he told me how to fix it for the sgs4

That's what I've been waiting for twrp to be up and running here, thanks for working on it man.

jaytee84

Dec 10, 2010
SGV
I was able to run your recovery one time. After that it loop after the "recovery booting..." is done. Any solution? I tried to odin it again but still won't work.

Edit: found the work around...just reboot to recovery from GooManager :)

Last edited:

Kerrnel

Dec 12, 2007
LG V20
Project Treble
Mac Users

1. Tried this with a VirtualBox Win 7 VM and Odin failed to flash. The phone would no longer boot - saying it needed to be recovered

2. Installed Kies for Mac ... fail, wouldn't connect, none of the options to flash worked

3. Downloaded heimdall 1.3x suite - untar'd the recovery.img from the tar file

4. heimdall 1.3x failed (tried unloading samsung kexts and sudo), searched for heimdall 1.4 RC1 - found binary

5. Removed /usr/bin/heimdall (why does it install there anyway :( ).

6. Removed /usr/local/bin/libusb*

7. Installed 1.4 RC1 heimdall into /usr/local/bin and libusb* into /usr/local/lib

8. Wrote the following script:

#!/bin/sh
sudo kextunload -b com.devguru.driver.SamsungComposite
sudo kextunload -b com.devguru.driver.SamsungACMData
sudo kextunload -b com.devguru.driver.SamsungACMControl

sudo heimdall "$@"

# But didn't use it since I had already unloaded those.

9. sudo heimdall flash --recovery recovery.img

10. It flashed and rebooted ... recovery works ... recognizes my 64 GB (grey/red) SD card ...

All good. Mac users, probably just get heimdall 1.4RC1 and use that and you'll be good to go. Don't have link handy, google it. It has just the heimdall binary and libusb* in the zip file.

Last edited:

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston
I was able to run your recovery one time. After that it loop after the "recovery booting..." is done. Any solution? I tried to odin it again but still won't work.

Edit: found the work around...just reboot to recovery from GooManager :)

You can also use quick reboot from the market, its like the 4 way reboot just as an app.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium

Blades

Aug 11, 2008
As far as using exfat, it is as simple as loading the correct (proprietary) modules. Instead of including them on the ramdisk, upon init I would mount system, copy modules to temp storage, load modules, unmount system. That way recovery image isn't bloated. Keep in mind that (as far as I know) there isn't exfat support for custom kernels.

You shouldn't be unable to hard boot into recovery without user error. If you can't you should spend more time working on things like reading up and not relying on apps to do things you can't. Not to doubt devs, but not all apps that gain root access should be trusted and there's a direct, correct way to do what you're bypassing.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

negerhab

Oct 11, 2009
Hi, I installed this recovery and also superuser 1.25+ with new stock firmware M919UVUAMDL, everything worked well and passed but when I click on superuser, I get the message shown in the picture. Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368137017442.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368137017442.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Hi, I installed this recovery and also superuser 1.25+ with new stock firmware M919UVUAMDL, everything worked well and passed but when I click on superuser, I get the message shown in the picture. Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks!

Use the May 7th root thread. Samsung implemented a SetUID restriction on tue MDL firmware and the kernel cannot be rooted. So we flash the older kernel instead.

Reactions: negerhab
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [RECOVERY][GPL] OUDHS CWM-Based Recovery 1.0.3.3 :: 5/3/2013 :: Touch & normal colors

Shabbypenguin, k0nane and the OUD Hit Squad present...
    OUDHS CWM-Based Recovery 1.0.3.3 for T-Mo GS4
    Shabbypenguin did all of the work required for this - have you fed your devs today?

Read the whole post before continuing!

Hey look, a fully-working recovery! This is an official release of OUDHSR for jftletmo and is unique to this device. Other carriers' devices have their own builds. In large part, this is like other CWM builds you're used to... but with some unique features to come - and of course, touch support (as of 1.0.3.2) I was asked by Shabbypenguin to release this for our device. Thank him for it, not me!

Code:
    #include <external/cyanogenmod/std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    Instructions

1. Download Odin 3.07 - see section below.
    2. Download the recovery TAR - see section below.
    3. Extract the contents of odin-307.zip. Do not try to extract files from the .tar.md5.
    4. Run Odin 3.07.exe, and prepare Odin:
      • Check "auto-reboot", and uncheck all other options.
      • Click PDA and select the TAR you downloaded. Leave other fields empty.
      • Don't panic. Odin may freeze while it checks the MD5 signature of the TAR. This is normal.
    5. Put your device into Download Mode:
      • Power down fully and disconnect the USB cable.
      • Hold Volume Down + Power.
    6. You should now be at Download Mode. Connect your device and wait for it to be recognized.
    7. Click Start in Odin.
    8. Wait! When complete, Odin should appear like the following:

That's it! Your device will autoreboot.

FAQ

Q: How do I get into recovery?
    A: Power off, and hold Volume Up + Power until you see blue "Recovery booting" text in the corner. Let go when you do, or it might reboot again.

Q: Can I flash this on another US GS4 variant?
    A: That's a bad idea. This contains asserts specific to the T-Mo GS4, and ROMs that check to make sure you're flashing on the right device will fail. Besides, you have a version for your device, check its forum.

Q: Did you steal touch from TWRP?
    A: No.

Q: I liked the funky text! Can I reenable it?
    A: Try rotating your device a bunch of times.

Q: Will this add a triangle to my boot screen?
    A: Probably not. We haven't seen one. If it does, oh well, see disclaimer above.

Q: Dafuq are these colors?!
    A: What, you don't like the funk?

Q: I'm colorblind you royal assh0le!
    A: I'm... genuinely sorry if this is unreadable to anyone, colorblind or otherwise.

Q: So you're going to release a normal-colored one?
    A: Now, I didn't say that... But official CWM is due rather soon.

Q: How about root?
    A: Sure. Use Chainfire's SuperSU 1.25+. Put it on your device, reboot to recovery, and flash it. Easy.

Downloads​

Source​

Credits:

• Shabbypenguin: for being made of 99.99% pure awesome, or liquid metal (but seriously he did this, not me)
    • Garawynn: assistance in setting up jftle-common items
    • mattlgroff: testing of pre-final build
    • Cyanogen (Steve Kondik): fixes to jflte-common tree
    • Koush and the entire CyanogenMod project: CWM itself

Donations

This is not, and will never be donationware. However, bandwidth and time isn't free. :) The donation button below leads to Shabbypenguin. Your generosity - if you feel like showing it - is highly appreciated! Thank you!

ermahgerd dats me!
    P-O-S-T :: R-E-S-E-R-V-E-D

AAvvp.png

Original artwork by Pendulum via Gasolin3.

...for future use.

Follow me on Twitter @k0nane and @publik0! Follow Shabby on Twitter @Shabbypenguin!
    Join the OUDHS and I on IRC at irc.freenode.net #oudhitsquad, or via the webchat link in my signature.
    Gestures...... Sweet!
    Any shot on making a future version compatible with a 64gb SD?

Thanks again.

www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Sams.../Recovery/OUDHS-Recovery-jfltetmo-1.0.3.1.tar

here is an updated version with improved graphics and altered fstab in hopes of fixing the odd backup siutation

should you miss the rainbow just keep scrolling ;)