By mikereidis, Inactive Recognized Developer on 1st May 2011, 09:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th May 2013, 05:37 AM |#6011  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Thanks Meter: 4,164

Donate to Me
More
As my updated sig indicates, I badly need time off from Spirit to do the 100 jobs in the "job jar".

I ask you all to help yourselves to all the info in the first 3 posts of this thread, and links to FAQs and trouble-shooting tips and other info.

If it's not in the compatibility list, I can't support it.

If you're having annoying problems with audio, digital features, etc., please just be patient. They've probably proven difficult to fix.

The less email I get right now, the better. I might sign off for a while or add an auto-reply.

Thanks !

------------
Weather is nice; 24 C or 75 F and sunny; this year is a new personal record for earliest grass cut, garden starting and AG pool opening; and yet there was snow in the forest until 10 days ago, LOL.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mikereidis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikereidis Ad-Free

5th May 2013, 03:42 PM |#6012  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Hey, how do i record? I hit record start but nothing comes up in my folder..
6th May 2013, 04:54 AM |#6013  
Lamongan
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

Spirit is a real, tuned, over-the-air FM radio app for Android. It does not require Internet access.

I NEED to take some time off, so please help yourself to all the info in the first 3 posts of this thread, and links to FAQs and trouble-shooting tips and other info : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post41055663

Galaxy S4 = No OTA FM: "In with a bang, and out with a whimper." http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=6001

Where has all the FM gone ? Gone to streaming, every one ? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=6000

See Supported Device List in post #2 below.

Variants:

• Spirit Free: Basic & Mono. Digital audio on Galaxy S. See post #3.
  • Spirit Two Free Alpha: Digital Audio & other Unlocked features.
  • Spirit Light: (supported but no longer sold.)
  • Spirit Unlocked: RDS, Media Buttons, Lockscreen & much more.

Spirit is the ONLY fully digital FM app:
  • Bluetooth A2DP headsets in CD quality stereo.
  • Recording in CD quality stereo.
  • External visualizers, equalizers and effects.
  • Internal Wave and FFT visual: 5x8 dB & log2 43 - 22,050 Hz.

Digital audio support:
  • Rooted International Galaxy S, S2, S3, Note, Note2.
  • Rooted HTC One XL, One S, Evo 4G LTE, Sony Xperia T.
  • Most stock Sony 2012-2013 devices.

Record only support:
  • Stock International Galaxy S2 Jelly-Bean, S3, Note, Note2.

Download:
Info:

News:

Please purchase Spirit Unlocked for full features, excellent support, and help Android FM.

Thanks !
Mike.

I try spirit free (0420) for my SAMSUNG GALAXY WONDER using custom rom cyanogenmod 10.1 alpha 4 kernel 3.4. it makes my phone stop and i must reboot to workaround. before it in alpha 3 I tried to use spirit free it was in function/ it was ok.

thanks....
6th May 2013, 06:54 PM |#6014  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev0d3vil

Hey, how do i record? I hit record start but nothing comes up in my folder..

See /sdcard/Music/fm/

Phone and ROM ?
6th May 2013, 06:56 PM |#6015  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro Tobib Muhajir

I try spirit free (0420) for my SAMSUNG GALAXY WONDER using custom rom cyanogenmod 10.1 alpha 4 kernel 3.4. it makes my phone stop and i must reboot to workaround. before it in alpha 3 I tried to use spirit free it was in function/ it was ok.

thanks....

I don't know what they changed.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikereidis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikereidis Ad-Free
7th May 2013, 01:16 AM |#6016  
Lamongan
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

I don't know what they changed.

Yupz.. finally I know from asking here there... it's because the changes in alpha4.. maybe I just wait for next alpha to reuse spirit fm.

thanks very much
7th May 2013, 01:17 AM |#6017  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:

See /sdcard/Music/fm/

Phone and ROM ?

Hmmm no such folder.. I9300 and CM 10.1!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
7th May 2013, 08:08 PM |#6018  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev0d3vil

Hmmm no such folder.. I9300 and CM 10.1!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The /sdcard/Music/fm/ folder should be automatically created when recording is started. It might require that /sdcard/Music/ exists as a folder already. The code is pretty simple to create this directory so very little can go wrong. Is there a /sdcard/Music/ directory and can it be written ? If all else fails, try creating the fm directory manually with adb shell or root explorer etc.

I'm presuming you have the paid Unlocked version of Spirit. No other version will show the Menu-> Record Start option.

Try to record and then send me a debug log with Menu-> Test-> Email-> Logs and press Send after 20 seconds.

You can try switching to Digital Audio. If that works, record should work too (but your problem seems to happen at or before the directory creation, not the record function itself.) Set Audio-> Method to "Digital Auto" and restart Spirit. There is even a record button in digital audio mode where the preset page previous button normally is.
9th May 2013, 01:46 AM |#6019  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
What exactly are symptoms of (i9000) speaker damage? I flashed new rom and used spirit on headset yesterday and tonight i noticed that my speaker sounds really distorted. Even on low volume. Am i a victim of the notorious myth, the sgs speaker killer? Or can this be rom related?

Thanks

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9000
9th May 2013, 07:49 AM |#6020  
Flag ANKARA
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Unhappy S3 Mini CM 10.1 (from Maclaw)
I installed Spirit FM (2013.4.21) on my S3 Mini CM 10.1 from Maclaw but it doesnt work, namely, it finds stations but no sound!
I need a fm apk but i dont know what i can... Please help. Thank you in advance
9th May 2013, 09:30 AM |#6021  
Flag Rajkot
Thanks Meter: 142

More
any chance of seeing this to be fully ported for HTC desire c golf a320 coz as of now all I get is that the app locks on to stations but no sound is heard help in any form will be sincerely appreciated !
The Following User Says Thank You to lead3r1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lead3r1 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
spirit fm radio receiver ota

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)