I've made a recovery image for ZP800H with your binary.
Also I want to try to build from source with touch function support. Can you advice some good guides to build cwmr from source?
ClockworkMod and TeamWin Recovery for THL W8 (MTK6589)
These are my latest ClockworkMod and TeamWin recovery images for THL W8 (MTK6589) - completely built from source.
!!! IMPORTANT::: TWRP IS AVAILABLE FOR STOCK ROM ONLY (ANDROID 4.1.2)
IT WON'T WORK ON CUSTOM ROMS BASED ON EASTCOM W1 (ANDROID 4.2.1) !!!
FOR CWM, THERE ARE 2 VERSIONS AVAILABLE - FOR ANDROID 4.1.2 AND 4.2.1 REPSECTIVELY
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR DEVICE.
Option 1 - via SP Flash Tool (e.g. in case of replacing stock recovery)
1) Download and install USB VCOM Driver
2) Download and extract SP Flash Tool
3) Download and extract preferred recovery image:
- TWRP for Android 4.1.2 (e.g. for stock rom)
- CWM for Android 4.1.2 (e.g. for stock rom)
- CWM for Android 4.2.1 (e.g. for GravityMod2)
4) Run SP Flash Tool, click on "Scatter file" button and choose "MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt" extracted in step 3)
5) Check RECOVERY checkbox. Make sure only this one is checked.
6) Click on RECOVERY item and choose .img file extracted in step 3)
7) Turn off your phone. Make sure USB cable is unplugged. Wait until vibrator indicates it's turned off
8) Click "Download" in SP Flash tool, confirm warning complaining about not all files being selected
9) Connect your phone and wait for the flash process to finish (indicated by window with green circle)
10) Unplug USB cable. Hold down Volume+ while turning your phone on to boot into recovery
Option 2 - in case of updating existing CWM or TWRP
1) Download correct update zip package and place it on SD card:
- TWRP for Android 4.1.2 (e.g. stock rom)
- CWM for Android 4.1.2 (e.g. stock rom)
- CWM for Android 4.2.1 (e.g. GravityMod2)
2) Boot into recovery
3) Install zip from SD card
4) Reboot recovery for changes to take effect
Device config: https://github.com/C3C0/android_device_thl_w8
- CyanogenMod team
- TeamWin Recovery Project Team
- bgcngm - for MTK Tools needed to repack recovery images into correct format
Possibly - only after changing kernel image, of course (don't flash as is, it won't work...)
CWM - I've coded in some special MTK6589 functionality to deal with boot/uboot backup.
So unless your device has the same partition layout (0x600000 bytes for boot and 0x60000 bytes for uboot, 0x600000 bytes for recovery),
It won't work.
|cwm, recovery, thl w8, twrp|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|