Post Reply Email Thread
6th May 2013, 12:14 AM |#181  
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 136

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kHiTe

Thank you so much for this. Picked up a Nook in the U.K. and have it rooted, running Smart Launcher Pro, Kindle, Drive, Doc's to Go and PDF Reader, modded with Button Saviour, LCD Density and Rotate. Using ES File and Task manager - with the latter have disabled gmail sync.

I understand search doesn't work in market - am I right that this is a system problem in other apps too?

Use 'youten.redo.searchmarket.apk' to look for Apk's in the market

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...47&postcount=6
The Following User Says Thank You to osowiecki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift osowiecki Ad-Free

6th May 2013, 12:46 AM |#182  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker_955

Can't get the NookManager to load.
I have tried 2 different cards (2 &8Gb), erased both, dd'ed the image to them, checked that it was a 64Mb fat partition only.
Turned off the nook, (1.2 UK) inserted the cards into the slot, pressed the N, then unlocked it always returns me to the home screen.

What am I doing wrong?

If your Nook wakes when pressing the 'n' button, you haven't turned it off, merely put it to sleep. You need to push and hold the power-button until it turns off. The display will change, and the only way it'll wake is if you push and hold the power button again for 3+ seconds. The Nook will only boot from the SD card from a cold boot like this.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuskro

Are your NST from UK? You have to downgrade to a 1.1.0 via CWM and then update to a 1.2.1. Don't wipe anything through CWM, because it should block your NST.

If you want to install the US 1.2.1, that seems to be the way to go. Alternatively, there's a UK 1.2.1 available from http://uk.nook.com/support/nook-simp...ftware-updates which differs slightly from the US 1.2.1 and should upgrade a UK 1.2.0 without trouble.
The Following User Says Thank You to cowbutt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cowbutt Ad-Free
8th May 2013, 01:02 AM |#183  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
How long does it take to backup using NookManager?

I've selected it to backup (after rooting & restarting), but it's still on the "creating backup image" screen after 15 minutes.

Edit: Guess it's 18 minutes as it just finished.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Xadious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xadious Ad-Free
8th May 2013, 09:11 AM |#184  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I recently re rooted my nook. For some reason I cannot install apps directly from sdcard (apk). I get the message 'not enough space' but I assume I need to allow unknown sources but don't know how to do that (can't find developers options). Any idea how I can get the nook to install apks?

Thanks!
8th May 2013, 10:10 AM |#185  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apap

I recently re rooted my nook. For some reason I cannot install apps directly from sdcard (apk). I get the message 'not enough space' but I assume I need to allow unknown sources but don't know how to do that (can't find developers options). Any idea how I can get the nook to install apks?

Thanks!

Try installing via adb (from your own PC). I've had "not enough space" too, was unable to fix it.
The Following User Says Thank You to L_R_N For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift L_R_N Ad-Free
8th May 2013, 02:39 PM |#186  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_R_N

Try installing via adb (from your own PC). I've had "not enough space" too, was unable to fix it.

Once you've got AirDroid on there, it works great for side loading apps, books etc...
8th May 2013, 06:43 PM |#187  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guantonio

Once you've got AirDroid on there, it works great for side loading apps, books etc...

How did you get AidDroid to work on the NST? I installed it fine, but being that there's no camera on the NST, i tried signing in by creating an account, but every time i click the login link in AirDroid on the Nook, the screen just flashes and doesn't do anything.

How are you connecting AirDroid on your Nook to AirDroid on your computer?
8th May 2013, 08:25 PM |#188  
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xadious

How did you get AidDroid to work on the NST? I installed it fine, but being that there's no camera on the NST, i tried signing in by creating an account, but every time i click the login link in AirDroid on the Nook, the screen just flashes and doesn't do anything.

How are you connecting AirDroid on your Nook to AirDroid on your computer?

Android2 works on NST v1.1.2 pretty well. Try to get the older version of AirDroid_1.1.0: http://www.airdroid.com/download/
8th May 2013, 10:25 PM |#189  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuskro

Android2 works on NST v1.1.2 pretty well. Try to get the older version of AirDroid_1.1.0: http://www.airdroid.com/download/

Probably what's causing the issue as i have firmware 1.2.1.

Tried AirDroid 1.1.0, but it doesn't allow sign in only the camera & code modes and the latter isn't available any more.

Guantonio, which firmware version are using? Are you using the sign in method to connect via AirDroid?
9th May 2013, 01:01 PM |#190  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Airdroid 1.1 works fine. You need to use the IP address, though, not web.airdroid.com

I've just rooted my nook, so thanks very much, OP.

I've got one problem, though. When I try to download an app from the Amazon market it tells me the market isn't available in my region. This is despite me living in the UK.

Any help would be much appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to HarryCz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HarryCz Ad-Free
9th May 2013, 05:49 PM |#191  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCz

Airdroid 1.1 works fine. You need to use the IP address, though, not web.airdroid.com

I've just rooted my nook, so thanks very much, OP.

I've got one problem, though. When I try to download an app from the Amazon market it tells me the market isn't available in my region. This is despite me living in the UK.

Any help would be much appreciated.

It worked using the IP address (and 1.1), thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)