FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][DISCONTINUED] GingerDX | v031b | 11-03-2013 | Stock / Alfs CM7 / nAa

7,498 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,013

By eagleeyetom, Developer Committee Lead / XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator on 27th July 2011, 05:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th May 2013, 07:57 PM |#13461  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can we overclock v31b stock kernel?

Using x8oc.ko on hw_config.sh?

Sent from my E16i using xda app-developers app

5th May 2013, 09:25 PM |#13462  
Flag Sicily
Thanks Meter: 6

More
yes you cant
i put my at 729
5th May 2013, 10:03 PM |#13463  
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoRapis

yes you cant...

Now that's confusing
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gocegi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gocegi Ad-Free
8th May 2013, 03:20 PM |#13464  
Flag Yangon
Thanks Meter: 395

More
Update! Update! I'm Waiting!
8th May 2013, 07:26 PM |#13465  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2,616

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Zed

Update! Update! I'm Waiting!

Please dont post it in the dev thread..
It really annoys the devs..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dagger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dagger Ad-Free
9th May 2013, 02:19 AM |#13466  
Flag makati city
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Cool message me plsss
hi I use to be active in GDX until i stop updating my os for my w8 . may I ask if its still compatible with w8 stock kernel if I use v 31.b
9th May 2013, 04:00 AM |#13467  
Bacolod
Thanks Meter: 1,300

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzen25

hi I use to be active in GDX until i stop updating my os for my w8 . may I ask if its still compatible with w8 stock kernel if I use v 31.b

Of course it still is, jusy download the rom for stock

Sent from a cheese inside a waffle
9th May 2013, 10:42 AM |#13468  
OP Developer Committee Lead / XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Flag Gdańsk
Thanks Meter: 15,013

Donate to Me
More
Good Bye!
It's been over a year when me and B.Jay took over the GingerDX ROM from doixanh. Through these months our team evolved and we gained much experience, but every story has an end, so does GingerDX.

Why we decided to discontinue this project? Well, there are few factors and I'll try to tell them, as we always treat, you, our dear users, fair.

1. 3/4 of our members don't use X8 right now. We have switched to some more powerful devices, as X8 was our first Android phone, but it was released 2.5 year ago (you know how fast the Android world runs).
2. We have no time at the moment. Our real lives strike back with many problems and we have to earn some money for living
3. The 2.6.32 plan has failed as the lack of time and some serious problems with compatibility were serious reasons to abandon this project.
4. We would like to try something new with Jellybean and X8 is way too old to run it on an acceptable level (I know some users will disagree with me, but that's a fact)

It's getting sentimental, but it's really a hard decision for us to make, but we were thinking about it for a long time. I want to thank few people who always supported us:
@SMillerNL - for a big donation and being a great admin of our site
@GermainZ - for being a friendly guy, who always makes us happy
@laufersteppenwolf - for maintaining a Q&A thread
@shineworld - for his technical support and being a good friend
@NinoRapis - for donation
And all users of our small ROM. Without you having it would've been pointless.

Our sources are still on our Github, so feel free to make use of them. Thank you and see you around!

Tom
TeamFun Leader
The Following 140 Users Say Thank You to eagleeyetom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eagleeyetom Ad-Free
9th May 2013, 10:47 AM |#13469  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Batu Pahat, Johor
Thanks Meter: 3,786

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyetom

It's been over a year when me and B.Jay took over the GingerDX ROM from doixanh. Through these months our team evolved and we gained much experience, but every story has an end, so does GingerDX.

Why we decided to discontinue this project? Well, there are few factors and I'll try to tell them, as we always treat, you, our dear users, fair.

1. 3/4 of our members don't use X8 right now. We have switched to some more powerful devices, as X8 was our first Android phone, but it was released 2.5 year ago (you know how fast the Android world runs).
2. We have no time at the moment. Our real lives strike back with many problems and we have to earn some money for living
3. The 2.6.32 plan has failed as the lack of time and some serious problems with compatibility were serious reasons to abandon this project.
4. We would like to try something new with Jellybean and X8 is way too old to run it on an acceptable level (I know some users will disagree with me, but that's a fact)

It's getting sentimental, but it's really a hard decision for us to make, but we were thinking about it for a long time. I want to thank few people who always supported us:

Our sources are still on our Github, so feel free to make use of them. Thank you and see you around!

Tom
TeamFun Leader

A moment of silence...as one of the greatest Roms in X8 history goes dark....a small piece of my past has just died....

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RohinZaraki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RohinZaraki Ad-Free
9th May 2013, 10:51 AM |#13470  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
good bye T-T
9th May 2013, 10:53 AM |#13471  
Recognized Themer / Recognized Developer
Flag Ukraine, Lugansk, Belovodsk
Thanks Meter: 5,809

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyetom

Tom
TeamFun Leader

And i want to say. I'm sure you'll see our other works one day :3

Thanks for fun guys!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AChep For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.3.5, 2.3.7, best rom, daily rom, doixanh, epic, fully working camera, gingerdx, gingerdx [cm7], ics in gb, pie in gingerdx, smooth gingerbread, super fast, teamfun, x8 rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)