Thanks Meter: 446

By ChodTheWacko, Senior Member on 4th March 2013, 12:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th May 2013, 02:34 PM |#711  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadilkarim

Is there any charger/dock that I can use to charge the zl separately without having to modify it while im running the stock battery on my phone?

The Anker charger. I posted a link earlier.

9th May 2013, 03:18 PM |#712  
Thanks Meter: 408

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meredybanson

It's weird, I'm getting same or more usage time with Mugen's 6400mAh battery. Looks like Zero Lemon puts some extra mAh on their label
The guy from PocketNow gets 4 days on it - read the review

Serious claim without any proof.

That Mugen is vastly overpriced. Better to just buy 2 extra batteries from Anker for 25 bucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
9th May 2013, 03:19 PM |#713  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaliyUvakin

Seidio CONVERT holster
Or this http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009RI...ls_o01_s00_i00

I really like the looks of the one in your link, but would like to have the option for a clip rather than just a belt loop.
9th May 2013, 04:59 PM |#714  
Thanks Meter: 715

More
Quote:

It's weird, I'm getting same or more usage time with Mugen's 6400mAh battery. Looks like Zero Lemon puts some extra mAh on their label

Then you got a bad one or you're doing something wrong. I tested the ZL outside the phone, on a stand-alone discharge tester. It came it slightly above the sticker rating. It's the first extended battery I've ever tested that does. I have not tested Mugen or Sedio, I find them very overpriced. In the phone, I do get 3x the life of my stock battery. Ignore the stupid android % indicator. It's a guess. The only test that matters is 100% to turn off time in a phone, or a real external discharge test.
9th May 2013, 06:32 PM |#715  
Thanks Meter: 2,643

More
Quote:

OK, so YOU have been a member of XDA community since 2012 and have 43 posts in here. EVERY SINGLE post promoting MUGEN battery.

I'm not trying to be XDA "police", we got our own distinguish admins and real cops on this forum If you want to promote YOUR battery, I could care less. But if you come here to trash the competition with false accusation - that is NOT COOL!!! Just ask a few other vendors who no longer members of this forum.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vectron For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vectron Ad-Free
9th May 2013, 07:01 PM |#716  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttabbal

Then you got a bad one or you're doing something wrong. I tested the ZL outside the phone, on a stand-alone discharge tester. It came it slightly above the sticker rating. It's the first extended battery I've ever tested that does. I have not tested Mugen or Sedio, I find them very overpriced. In the phone, I do get 3x the life of my stock battery. Ignore the stupid android % indicator. It's a guess. The only test that matters is 100% to turn off time in a phone, or a real external discharge test.

He obviously gets paid by Mugen or work for them. Look at his previous posts, within a month he posted all the links directing people to get to mugen site. Admin, ban his account please? i signed up just to write this

Another reason not to buy overpriced, fake mah mugen batteries
9th May 2013, 07:06 PM |#717  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
I have both the Mugen and the ZeroLemon and they are both fine batteries that in my experience live up to their claims.

With the Mugen(6400mAh) I get double the stock battery(3100mAh) life and with the ZL(9100mAh) I get triple the stock battery life.

One is not better than or worse than the other. The ZeroLemon simply has more juice, that is the difference. Oh and the price. Mugen being too high probably.

Just my opinion after owning and using both.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Old MuckenMire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Old MuckenMire Ad-Free
9th May 2013, 07:22 PM |#718  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old MuckenMire

I have both the Mugen and the ZeroLemon and they are both fine batteries that in my experience live up to their claims.

With the Mugen(6400mAh) I get double the stock battery(3100mAh) life and with the ZL(9100mAh) I get triple the stock battery life.

One is not better than or worse than the other. The ZeroLemon simply has more juice, that is the difference. Oh and the price. Mugen being too high probably.

Just my opinion after owning and using both.

ZL is clearly better in every persepctive except for ths case..

I personally cannot justify Mugen's pricing, they are aiming higher profit margin than apple

Oh well, some people like to spend money for nothing, so be it

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

I had few cycles so far from my ZL battery, and i could not be happier with battery life

Note: Phone is no stock/not rooted. Power saving on ocassionally

Typical battery life from my stock battery was 1~2 days with 6~8 hours of screen time

Zero Lemon

First charge: screen brightness auto / power saving / mostly wifi

over 2 days and half use with 24+ screen on time 8% battery left

Second charge: brightness auto / wifi and lte

over 3 days use with 20+ screen on time with some juice left

Since then i am using full screen brightness with lte because i cannot drain this thing

with 100% brightness with everything on i get over 16 hours of screen time, which is amazing

This is the first time that i do not worry about battery for my "smart" phone absolutely
9th May 2013, 07:30 PM |#719  
Thanks Meter: 616

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhei8116

He obviously gets paid by Mugen or work for them. Look at his previous posts, within a month he posted all the links directing people to get to mugen site. Admin, ban his account please? i signed up just to write this

Another reason not to buy overpriced, fake mah mugen batteries

Yeah, don't listen to anyone saying bad things about the zerolemon battery. I'm a moderate/heavy user. I use my phone for navigation/music (always simultaneously when driving to new locations in an area I just moved) a lot, have bluetooth always on with my pebble or for headphones when needed, gmail sync, never on wifi unless I'm browsing at home (i know wifi on even idle apparently saves battery but I'm too lazy to do that every time, lol), location settings always on except gps (until necessary for navigation), auto screen brightness, sms popup with fast blink setting, Advanced Task Killer Free without killing apps that keep opening up and using it frequently to close apps that I no longer am using (killing system/constant open apps like maps will drain your batter because these apps will fight you and keep restarting). I text a good amount, and my calls vary from minutes to an hour on and off but not too often compared to texting. I also live in a very excellent 4G LTE area with 5 bars always.

I am on perseus 35 kernel with CleanRom Ace 4.5 (smoothest for me so far - might try 4.9 soon because CleanRom doesn't disappoint).

I've officially been off the charger for 55 hours with all of the above having been done at many points in that time period and my phone is still at 77%.

This battery can easily go for 5-6 days if you use it the way I do. This is also on the first 12 hour charge...so if everyone claims that it gets better with the discharging of 5 cycles...I might be able to even push 7 days. I'll keep you all updated...but a battery that can last a week? That's insanely awesome in my book. If you guys have any questions or need advice on apps or kernel settings let me know.

Perseus Kernel 35: CPU:1400/300 (for some reason keeping it at 300 avoids freezes of any kind- odd but true- this is also what you need to do if you guys use the big 4G/5G profiles so the phone won't ever bootloop). GPU: 640. I/O Scheduler: Zen/Zen. LED Settings: Fast blinking, No fade. Audio: Headphone Boost at 63 (57 standard). Btw, even if you put the cpu max at 1600 or 1800 - the battery won't be that much affected...I've tried it. The kernel/rom combo is that good.

If anyone has better/more realistic tips for performance and battery life, feel free to share/add to this. Sorry for the super long post. Thank you
9th May 2013, 07:31 PM |#720  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhei8116

ZL is clearly better in every persepctive except for ths case..

I personally cannot justify Mugen's pricing, they are aiming higher profit margin than apple

Oh well, some people like to spend money for nothing, so be it

Mugen and Zerolemon both make awesome batteries, Mugen just charges more money.

That's their prerogative. Doesn't mean anything is wrong with their battery, the Mugen simply doesn't have as much value for your dollar. I personally don't worry about value when buying gadgets. I worry about fun and the Mugen and Zerolemon have both been fun to use.
9th May 2013, 07:32 PM |#721  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doroyce05

Anyone have fitment issues with the tpu case? Mine fits Ok except for the top left corner. It seems to be flared outward with extra materials as if it was not measured correctly.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Mine has a problem that the bigger battery does not line up straight with the smaller battery. So the bigger battery pushes the TPU case top right corner outward and I can see the edge of phone.

Returned and ordered a new one. Hope the second one both batteries are aligned properly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)