|RAPH|6.5|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ★ || Build date 2009/7/9 ||

Search This thread

BigBadger

May 2, 2008
Folsom, CA
I really like the Wm6.5 lock screen but it doesn't seem to work with TF3D2.

Once locked when I turn the device on it shows the lock screen for 1 sec and then goes to TF3D main page. I can scroll but I can't press the start button unless I turn it off, then on, and quickly unlock using the slider.

Is there a fix for this?

Many thanks in advance!

Please search through and read the numerous posts regarding the lock screen.

dlphnkiller

May 11, 2007
DC Area
No APM

Just wondering if I'm the only one with the option for advanced power management disabled for the in-call screen tweak app(AKA in call power management).

When I was using a shepp rom back in the day, this option was available and saved me tons of battery while in a call. As of now, I have to remove this program, or I loose 10% battery for a 5-10 minute call.

Is there a setting I can check/change somewhere in the reg?

Thanks

dizzyraider

Jan 9, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
Hey guys sorry if this has been covered but I dont feel like reading all 200 pages of this thread (I did skim through like 40 random pages tho), but anywho, I tried installing MSVC from NRG's addon's page and when you get to the shortcut button setup part i can't finish up. Basically the program installs fine but I can't find where you setup a button to activate it. NRG moved the settings so it's not start>settings>buttons. If someone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it thanks.

It is under Start>Setting>Personal>Buttons

BigBadger

May 2, 2008
Folsom, CA
Tachi dialer screenshots

I recall that someone had asked for screenshots from the two different dialers so they could decide between the two. Frankly, I think it would be better to flash and try them out but I found myself witha few free moments and decided to do part. Here are soem screen shots from teh Tachi dialer.

Attachments

• Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Screen03.jpg
    Screen03.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Screen04.jpg
    Screen04.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Screen05.jpg
    Screen05.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 34
  • Screen06.jpg
    Screen06.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 33
So after a few days with Magic I ended up with the following issues which forced me back to Phoenix (which is great!!!)

1. Constant lock-ups (1-3 every 2 days)
2. The current Skyfire would not work with this ROM
3. Battery usage seemed to dip a bit from Phoenix (not too much)
4. Tachi dialer by default works perfect for Titanium only users.
5. Internet connections were very spotty and would lock up frequently
6. Active Sync would not auto load as Internet Sharing would load by default on each USB connection even after changing the USB settings to AS.

Just a bug list and by no means a complaint... NRG Rocks!!!!!

Those are some weird ones

1,5 and 6 haven't happened to me.

2. Are you saying that skyfire works with phoenix? i believe the issue is the newest version of skyfire does not mix well with 6.5 roms

pinoymutt

Nov 7, 2008
SoCal
It's a "bug" with Manila. The 4 row icon mode in the Programs tab coupled with the backgrounds4all tabs mod, make rotation super slow..... If you want it snappy, keep Manila the way I present it to you :)

I haven't really messed with the layout, so I figured it was something on the Manila side! Thanks!

drake2007

Feb 5, 2008
Texas
I recall that someone had asked for screenshots from the two different dialers so they could decide between the two. Frankly, I think it would be better to flash and try them out but I found myself witha few free moments and decided to do part. Here are soem screen shots from teh Tachi dialer.

You're the man! That was me. I decided to flash the Standard version because I do not have a video share contract, so it didn't make sense for me to have that there. Still one can share video directly from the contact menu. That being said. Thanks, I still think it is helpful. I think it will be a good idea to post those on the first page for both dialers. It just goes into making this not only one of the best ROMS, but also best documented.

drake2007

Feb 5, 2008
Texas
Those are some weird ones

1,5 and 6 haven't happened to me.

2. Are you saying that skyfire works with phoenix? i believe the issue is the newest version of skyfire does not mix well with 6.5 roms

Interesting. Non of those happen to me. I am using the 0709 Standard version. However, I do not use CU or any other configuration tool. I install one thing at a time and then test it. Skyfire is working great for me.

BigBadger

May 2, 2008
Folsom, CA
"don't feel like reading"

Hey guys sorry if this has been covered but I dont feel like reading all 200 pages of this thread (I did skim through like 40 random pages tho), but anywho, I tried installing MSVC from NRG's addon's page and when you get to the shortcut button setup part i can't finish up. Basically the program installs fine but I can't find where you setup a button to activate it. NRG moved the settings so it's not start>settings>buttons. If someone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it thanks.

Just so you (and other new folks) know, starting off your involvement with this "developers" site by posting that you "dont feel like reading" is not going to endear you to the rest of the folks. It comes across as, "My time is too valuable to do any reseacrch myself but I don't mind making hundreds of people read my question".

Halfway thru your first sentence, I had just about decided to ignore your post completely.

You would be much better served to simply say (and mean) something like: "I searched this thread using keywrds like ABC, ZYX and I looked at the stickies and the wiki and the first posts of this thread but have not been able to determine......"

Please check out the links in my signature for further information.

Thanks.

drake2007

Feb 5, 2008
Texas
Just so you (and other new folks) know, starting off your involvement with this "developers" site by posting that you "dont feel like reading" is not going to endear you to the rest of the folks. It comes across as, "My time is too valuable to do any reseacrch myself but I don't mind making hundreds of people read my question".

Halfway thru your first sentence, I had just about decided to ignore your post completely.

You would be much better served to simply say (and mean) something like: "I searched this thread using keywrds like ABC, ZYX and I looked at the stickies and the wiki and the first posts of this thread but have not been able to determine......"

Please check out the links in my signature for further information.

Thanks.

Well said!

BigBadger

May 2, 2008
Folsom, CA
RD dialer screenshots?

You're the man! That was me. I decided to flash the Standard version because I do not have a video share contract, so it didn't make sense for me to have that there. Still one can share video directly from the contact menu. That being said. Thanks, I still think it is helpful. I think it will be a good idea to post those on the first page for both dialers. It just goes into making this not only one of the best ROMS, but also best documented.

If someone with the RD build will provide the screenshots, I can add them to post 5.

k.electron

Jan 27, 2009
Surprisingly I can tell you EXACTLY when:

Whenever NRG feels like releasing it.

See how I can anticipate things?!

Please bear in mind that:

1. He has a personal life although many suspect he actually doesn't
2. He develops for multiple devices
3. He has other things to attend to
4. Cooking a ROM is not like boiling an egg, especially this kind of ROMs...

I don't know why do I even bother to answer thins kind of things, but...

Nuff said.

Live a good life, drink water, eat vegetables and always pray to the god of ROMs.

Cheers.

EDIT: Sorry m8... I didn't mean to be so harsh... I believe you meant no harm...

heh nice one, now look closely at this awesome word that will basically complement everything u said - DUH!

but u see im a bored geeky bastard that needs things to mess with and fiddle around, and what better way to do that than to.. yeah.. flash that phone. that is y winMo rocks and throws the not-at-all innovative iphone 3gs-XXL-V12 or whatever they call it these days clean out of the competition. sorry got caught up bashing the stupid product they call a smartphone. anyways so yeah i want to reflash, so i was trying to inquire from the god of roms as u rightly said, if he had a plan on showering his devotees with something new.

also.. beef steak >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> vegetables. no offense to them vegans... but seriously meat is the meat of life.

hlm818

Mar 25, 2009
Wisconsin
Radio

So I've flashed a million different ROMs but no radios. I know the procedure is the same. My question is since this ROM includes the rllphone for radio 1.14.25.05, can I just flash that radio and be done? Thanks in advance

wishmaster86

Feb 13, 2008
Hy Nrg,

the rom itself is great with performance, but the radio realy is not that good. my gps go's on and off every 15 sec whil navigating tt7 and the phone is not always reacting while dialing a number, with that i mean when the number is filled in you press the call button and the visual gives u that it is connecting, but no dailing sound or ringing sound is comming from the speaker.
im going back to wm6.1 again, just for the gps and phone. but the reaction times on this wm6.5 rom is very good.

is anyone else getting the same problems?
im in germany with vodafone. reseption is almost perfect.

also should i try installing another radio?

Last edited:

ditm02

Sep 6, 2008
Lake Orion
Hey guys, this is the first time i flashed a ROM, i used this one because i wanted the TF3D2 on my FUZE, but all the links were down in " XBmod Manila Rhodium VGA Beta 1D CFC" thread. Like i said this is my first flash and am noobin my way through this stuff. Whats the diff btween the two? I kinda just wanted the standard TF3D2 interface i think (or do I ?) help? lol

I see that the XBmod Manila Rhodium VGA Beta 1D CFC is just cabs and not a flash, is this correct?

I prefer to have the weather tab where the 5 day is vertical and not horizontal,

I have read most of both threads, i was hoping some of the pros could help shine some light for me :) ?

i currently have

|RAPH|6.5|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ★ || Build date 2009/7/9 || (Standard)
windowmobile 6.5
CE OS 5.2.23001
Build 23001.5.0.60
Version July 9th 2009 WWE
Radio 1.14.25.35

BigBadger

May 2, 2008
Folsom, CA
Hy Nrg,

the rom itself is great with performance, but the radio realy is not that good. my gps go's on and off every 15 sec whil navigating tt7 and the phone is not always reacting while dialing a number, with that i mean when the number is filled in you press the call button and the visual gives u that it is connecting, but no dailing sound or ringing sound is comming from the speaker.
im going back to wm6.1 again, just for the gps and phone. but the reaction times on this wm6.5 rom is very good.

is anyone else getting the same problems?
im in germany with vodafone. reseption is almost perfect.

also should i try installing another radio?

A) the radio is not flashed with this ROM so you have whatever radio you had before you flashed.

b) The chef recommends that you use a particular radio as noted in post #1.

c) The problems you are describing are not inherent traits of this ROM.

d) You make no mention of what radio you are using or even what version of this ROM so it is difficult to provide you with any assistance

dizzyraider

Jan 9, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
Hey guys, this is the first time i flashed a ROM, i used this one because i wanted the TF3D2 on my FUZE, but all the links were down in " XBmod Manila Rhodium VGA Beta 1D CFC" thread. Like i said this is my first flash and am noobin my way through this stuff. Whats the diff btween the two? I kinda just wanted the standard TF3D2 interface i think (or do I ?) help? lol

I see that the XBmod Manila Rhodium VGA Beta 1D CFC is just cabs and not a flash, is this correct?

I prefer to have the weather tab where the 5 day is vertical and not horizontal,

I have read most of both threads, i was hoping some of the pros could help shine some light for me :) ?

i currently have

|RAPH|6.5|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ★ || Build date 2009/7/9 || (Standard)
windowmobile 6.5
CE OS 5.2.23001
Build 23001.5.0.60
Version July 9th 2009 WWE
Radio 1.14.25.35

The "Standard" version of EnergyROM comes with TF3D2 (also known as Manila 2, Rhodium Manila) so it is already there when you flash the rom. By the way, I suggest that you read a bit more about Rhodium Manila and understand its limitations (such features and bugs) because changing anything on the Rhodium manila is pretty complicated which is why it has its own thread. Most of the time there isn't really anything a chef can do to "fix" bugs or to add feature to Manila. With that in mind, I believe you were looking at a landscape shot of the manila. You can't really change so that the 5 day forecast is vertical while in portrait view. If you really prefer the landscape view of Manila, then you can find a screen rotating utility of your choice.

shigs

Nov 17, 2007
Ringer Mute

Has anyone noticed that when using the WM dialer and the screen is locked you can not mute the ringer using the volume keys or any other key? Also, when I turn the phone over it does not mute either. I am hoping there is a fix for this.

Aside from that, this rom is GREAT!!